Binge Eating

I am struggling hard with bulimia and binge eating. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 17 year old female struggling hard with bulimia and binge eating. My mom is anorexic, and so is my grandmother. I suffered from low weight until I started binging which has been going on for almost a year. I purge sometimes, and I am terrified of how much weight I continue to put on...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your height, your weight is average. In bulimia, CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) is helpful. If Prozac (Fluoxetine) is not working, then you have to increase the dose of Prozac or shift to another medicine. It is a learning process so that you have to c...  Read Full »

I have an issue with portion control. How to correct overeating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking consciously healthy, and a vegetarian diet with my partner. But, I have an issue with portion control. When I was growing up, food was not always available to me. So, when I had food, I ate a lot, and that habit has followed me into my adult life too. I am curious to retrain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Portion control is very important to maintain a healthy body. If you have trouble in controlling portions, try to follow the following tips: Have a full glass of water or one cucumber before each meal. It helps to fill up your part of the stomach. So, you are unable to e...  Read Full »

How can I control my urge to eat?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to lose weight for about one year now. I used to weigh 75 kilograms. With proper diet and exercise, I was able to reduce my weight. Now, my weight is 65 kilograms. But I am unable to control my urge to eat. I am cheating on my diet every single day and it makes me frustrated....  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have reached your normal BMI (body mass index). So after this, weight reduction will be a very slow process. According to WHO (world health organization), you are weighing right for your height. Coming to the eating problem, divide your meals into six small meals. E...  Read Full »