Blood Tests

What can cause overly oily skin, burning lips, a painful throat, and thrush?

Query: Hello. Does having low (and high) blood levels have anything to do with overly oily skin, burning lips, a painful throat and thrush? I've been feeling these symptoms for 3 months and I can't take it anymore. I'm getting a blood test done this week; which levels should I particularly make sure are ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! There could be multiple factors involved over here as a result of which these symptoms are occurring. I would recommend you to perform the following tests mentioned below Complete blood count Hba1c Serum electrolytes Liver function tests Kidney function tests. Urine routine Viral marke...  Read Full »

Should I be worried about gastric pain and constipation issues?

Query: Hi... Doctor told me few blood and stool test, and occult blood test.Today i got my hematology report. My Lymphosytes are 42. With all other things normal. Should i worry about? I dont have any other symptomps. Only thing i have gastric pain and constipation issues. For that stool test , occult blo...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi. Your blood reports are absolutely normal. Slight increase in lymphocytes with other counts being normal should not be a concern. Lymphocytes may increase slightly in response to viral infections or loose stools which we call reactive lymphocytosis. No need to worry. For you other problems inclu...  Read Full »

What does my blood test reports suggest?

Query: Hello ! Can you please review my blood test? My concern are low level of ferritin, high level of B12 and Urine WBC is very high.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq Following is my opinion for your asked question. The low ferritn , Low Mcv could be suggestive of early iron deficiency anemia. The common cause for high B12 include supplement intake , Liver disease or Kidney disease. Your liver & kidney profile reports are norm...  Read Full »

Why do I get clear whitish mucus from the vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. Since last few days, I have observed thick jelly like clear whitish mucus coming out from my vagina. It is very thick and dry. It is not like the regular stretchy moist discharge. There is no irritation or pain. I am not sexually active. There is no odor also. Since ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A white discharge is usually considered as normal. Also, it can be often sticky and often copious. Now, changes in normal discharge can occur for many reasons, including timing of menstrual cycle, emotional stress, nutritional status, pregnancy, usage of medications - inc...  Read Full »

I had bleach on my arm during blood tests. Will it affect the results?

Query: Hello doctor, I had blood tests done. There was some Clorox cleaner or bleach on my arm. Can this affect the result?  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Whenever blood is drawn for test, the specific area is cleaned and then needle is inserted into vein to draw the blood into a sterile tube. Even if there is bleach in skin after cleaning, the negative pressure to draw blood ...  Read Full »

Can listeria infection result in fatal complications in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 18 weeks pregnant. Last night we went out for dinner and she ordered a shrimp cocktail. The shrimp seems a bit off and so she only ate 3 or 4 then we returned them. She also felt a little unwell the next morning, but she had no fever. Her temperature was 34.5 degree Celsius....  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Listeria infection (through listeria contaminated food) is as such rare but if it does occur it is usually fatal for the baby. I am not trying to scare you. If you really feel that the shrimp might be undercooked and your wife did hav...  Read Full »

Why are eggs not maturing in my ovaries?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for over a year now, but unsuccessful. I went to a gynecologist and he told me that I have no eggs maturing in my ovary and was given Clomid 50 mg. My eggs did not mature and it only grows up to 10 mm. He asked me to come again to try IUI treatments. He mentioned t...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to do blood tests such as fasting sugar, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), prolactin and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone and ultrasound of pelvis to see the cause for the immaturity of eggs. Depending on the reports, treatment is advise...  Read Full »

My spleen is enlarged, and CBC is normal. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have enlarged spleen from the last two years. I am 24 years old, male. My spleen size went from 13.4 cm two years back to 14 cm to 14.4 cm four months back. My CBC report looks normal and I have vitamin B12 level as 349 and vitamin D as 11.13. I have MCV level 102.4 and MCH level 34.2...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and below is my opinion. The various causes for enlarged spleen include infection like malaria, Gaucher disease like storage disorder, hemolytic anemia, leukemia, lymphoma, infections, liver disease, etc. The CBC and peripheral smear exami...  Read Full »

Does donating blood affect blood test results?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few queries about blood donation. I am traveling abroad for joining a new company there and I will have medical tests, which includes blood tests for all lipid profile, cholesterol, liver tests, hemoglobin, WBC, RBC, platelets, etc., and for HIV, hepatitis, etc. I am a regular bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood donation will not affect your blood reports. However, for blood donation your medical reports that is overall health should be good and that includes all tests to be normal irrespective of blood donation. For what ailment are you taking the hormone testosterone...  Read Full »

Please give an opinion on my blood test report.

Query: Hello doctor, Should another consult with hematologist be conducted regarding no improvement on my blood work since last time? It appears that the folic acid and B12 vitamins are not exactly working. Now T cells are dropping as with CD4 and CD8. HIV remains undetectable whereby, I believe that is r...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Low CD count can be due to altered immune function or HIV. You have been investigated with the molecular tests for HIV. So after four to six weeks of exposure, it can definitely rule out HIV. If you have investigated early with a provided period then you have to rep...  Read Full »