Bone Cancer

Can cancer that has spread to the bones be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I wondered if someone could help me interpret the following recent CAT (computerized axial tomography) scan. My husband has stage 4 unknown primary cancer in bones and lymph nodes. Is this report saying he now has cancer in the lungs, and how will this disease progress? He is not doing c...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a stage 4 cancer with bone metastasis (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). He should get a biopsy done to confirm the type of cancer and then plan chemotherapy protocol along with Zoledronic acid (zoledronate). It is stage 4 cancer, and it ca...  Read Full »

What is the management for osteogenic sarcoma?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister's age is 26 years. She fell down on the floor and got right distal leg femur fracture. Later on, revealed after different tests including MRI, bone scan, biopsy report as osteogenic sarcoma.  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports of your sister (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks she has osteosarcoma, a type of bone cancer. In the pathology report, they have not mentioned which subtype osteosarcoma and the grade of this sarcoma (high or low)...  Read Full »