Calcium Rich Food

Can Nucoxia be taken for a long period?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old male. I have been diagnosed with mechanical low back pain and SI joint pain. My doctor has advised me to take Nucoxia 60 once daily for three months. Is it safe to take Nucoxia an anti-inflammatory medicine for such a long period of three months? Doctor has not prescri...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have been diagnosed as a case of mechanical back pain. Since your question is specific for Nucoxia, I can tell you that Etoricoxib is actually a COX-2 inhibitor which is definitely safer than conventional NSAIDs (non steroidal anti-inflammatory...  Read Full »

Is knee cracking a sign of vitamin D deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, My query is regarding knee joint and lower back pain. I usually get a cracking sound when I bend my knees and while getting up. The sound is not accompanied by pain. Is this a cause of concern? Please let me know if any test or x-ray needs to be done. I am also having lower back pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope this message finds you in good health. You are right. The cracking sounds that you hear in the joints are due to calcium and vitamin D deficiency. These sounds do not mean that bones rub against each other. It means that air bubbles burst inside the joint. These sou...  Read Full »

Does pineapple cause heartburn?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acid reflux problem. To the maximum it will cause problems like twice in six months. Shall I eat pineapple for the acid reflux issue? What if I eat pineapple daily or alternate basis and manipulate my liver to produce less acid for the future? Also, due to this habit, I can get...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acid reflux, also known as GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), is a condition related mostly to the esophageal sphincter incompetence. Low to moderate grades of GERD are treated first with antacid drugs, which is the best and the first non-invasive solution. ...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on my paleo diet reports.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been following paleo diet for the past 20 days. I have attached my reports here for your reference. Kindly review my report and let me know your feedback.  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have started paleo diet 13 days before you have taken the blood test. It should be taken a day before you start paleo. Anyway, the only way to compare the health benefits of paleo is by taking a repeat test by the end of this month and comparing with this ...  Read Full »

I have constant body pain and weakness. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, My arms and legs hurt every time I move around too much or stand too long or lift my hand up. I cannot even do exercises, because my muscles burn when I try to do some exercise. My knees also hurt when I stand too long or carry weight. My knees hurt and give a twig breaking sound when I b...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concern. From the complaints you have mentioned, it does not seem that you have any nerve pinch or something like that. It seems that you have low calcium and vit...  Read Full »

Will protein supplements help in calcium deficiency?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from body pain and a feeling of weakness every day. She is calcium deficient. Will any protein supplement help?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your wife is having low calcium then protein supplements will not help. First calcium deficiency should be treated and then you can add protein supplements. Low calcium (hypocalcemia)  may be due to many reasons like, Decreased intake of calcium Low vitamin D level. ...  Read Full »

How can I increase my height by three to four inches?

Query: Hi doctor, My height is 5 feet. I want to increase my height by at least three to four inches. If possible, how can I improve my height?  Read Full »

Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query. The growth of bones eventually stops, because of the closure of growth plates in long bones, which occurs in puberty that is around 16 years of age in girls and 14 to 19 years in boys. According to the majority of studies, the growth of heigh...  Read Full »

Can ayurvedic medicines relieve all my health issues?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old female, and I suffer from a lot of diseases. I gave birth five years back, and at that time, the doctor told me that I have diabetes. My blood sugar level is high even after delivery, and I also have vitamin D deficiency. Currently, I take 80 units of Insulin daily, an...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. As you have multiple health issues, it will take some time to resolve. Some may be cured completely, like vitamin D deficiency and foot pain, but diabetes can only be controlled, and with the help of ayurvedic medicine you can prevent further ...  Read Full »

I have severe pain in my TMJ, and it keeps getting locked. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old, who has been suffering from TMJ problems for two and half years. It all started when my jaw would be locked in the morning, and a  few hours later it would be fine. One morning I woke up with it locked and it never unlocked, I went four months unable to open my ja...  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you are suffering from arthritis of the TMJ (temporomandibular joint). The cause is a lack of fluid between the joints. I suggest you try doing the following. Take calcium and vitamin D containing food, for better results. Use lavender oil, olive oil, or any h...  Read Full »

Please suggest a good diet to improve the immunity of a 9 months old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is almost 9 months now. She is gaining good weight and height. What should I include in her diet chart to boost immunity, height and make her complexion bright? Please provide a good dietary solution.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Congratulations for having the little miracle. I guess she is breastfed. If that is correct, then she got plenty from her mom. Regarding the diet, the important point is to make sure that she gets all essential nutrients. Add diet rich in vitamin C, E and A, frui...  Read Full »