Common "Chlamydia Infection Test" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Chlamydia Infection Test

Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted bacterial infection. It is diagnosed with the help of urine test, or a swab is taken of the discharge from the cervix, which is used for culture or antigen testing for the bacteria.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What other urine tests should be done by me to check for gonorrhea and chlamydia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26-year-old female from India. I had unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a guy. I tested for all the STDs except gonorrhea and chlamydia, all came back negative. My doctor advised me vaginal swab but I did not want to do it. Please tell me the names of the urine tests so that I...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You can get urine routine examination and urine culture. You can also get Polymerase chain reaction test (PCR) for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and trichomoniasis. For any other doubt, let me know. Thanks and regards.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for chlamydia trachomatis infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I got tested for Chlamydia trachomatis and got my report. It gives out the value as 2.2411 and the safety zone is 0.08. I would like you to suggest me the treatment. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please upload your test results for my reference. Thank you. Revert back with the reports to a sexologist online -->  Read Full »

What is the treatment for chlamydia infection?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I was diagnosed to have chlamydia. I am freaking out because I want to get it cured as soon as possible to prevent damage to my ability to have children later in life. Unfortunately, I am not able to get treatment from the nearby hospital for a couple of weeks. I was wondering...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Chlamydia trachomatis is a STD (sexually transmitted disease). You have got the infection from your partner so you both should be treated. Ideally, a vaginal swab test should be done to confirm the diagnosis. You have not mentioned whether...  Read Full »

My IgG test was negative, while the IgM test was positive after 168 days of chlamydia exposure. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, On the 168th day after exposure to chlamydia, the chlamydia IgG test came back negative, while the IgM test was positive. I took Doxy-1 L-DR Forte (Doxycycline and Lactic acid bacillus) for seven days, starting two weeks after exposure. The doctor I consulted said I did not need any f...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder K. Sachdeva

Answer: Hello, I am glad you chose icliniq for your medical-related queries. I understand your concern. IgM positivity indicates a primary or acute infection. You have received the correct treatment for chlamydia. For the burning sensation in urine, in addition to plenty of fluids that have been advised t...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from chlamydia infection. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Can chlamydia do not show on a test, even if you have it? Please help. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. It is almost always possible to have negative test results despite infection. This also varies from test to test and the laboratory technician who performed the particular examination. If you need to discuss more, you can contact me with test r...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for recurrent Chlamydia infection.

Query: Hi doctor, I have chlamydia and I have been treated on four occasions. I have not had sex recently. I took all medicines as specified. The list of medicines and attempts as follows. First Azithromax 1g one dose, second Azithromax 2.5 g three doses, third Doxycycline 500 mg two times a day for 10 day...  Read Full »

Dr. Sadaf Mustafa

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Sure, I can answer your questions to help tailor the treatment accordingly. It's important to consider all aspects for an effective approach. Have you ever undergone culture and sensitivity testing for the recurrent chlamydia infection? Were you treated for gonorrhea ...  Read Full »

I am worried about HIV or other STDs after unprotected sex. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male, who had unprotected sex yesterday. I was drunk, but now, I am worried about HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) or any STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) for that matter. I do not have medical access for the next three months, as I am on a ship. If I express my a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder K. Sachdeva

Answer: Hello, Welcome to We do not know the HIV status (Human immunodeficiency virus) of the person with whom you had sex and also your baseline HIV status, the other thing you mentioned that you do not have medical access for next three months. Considering the availability of only Lamivudine ...  Read Full »

How can I be positive for chlamydia when my only partner is negative?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently gave birth three months ago. I noticed something was off and I went to my obstetrician three times and they just said I had BV and treated my partner also with Flagyl. Then I went to my primary because I still did not feel well and they called me saying I have chlamydia but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Answer: Hello, Welcome to First, let me congratulate you for your baby. May God bless you and your baby. Next, you say that your recent test for chlamydia resulted positive while your partner was negative this time. Now, taking into account you were both infected with chlamydia one year ago,...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.