Chronic Pancreatitis

How to cure the pain and discomfort present in pancreas?

Query: Please help me, I have mild pain and discomfort where my pancreas is and I cannot eat or drink much more. I ate small portion of chicken, potato slad and green beans for dinner and had apple cinn oatmeal for breakfast. I took a few weeks to be able to eat this and was barely eating during that time....  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand that you must be very upset about your ongoing chronic pain and inability to eat because of pain. The diagnosis of the pancreatitis requires blood, stool investigations, plus a radiological evidence on CT scan or MRI scan of the abdomen. If you have...  Read Full »

Can Librax help with my upper abdominal cramps due to pancreatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am diagnosed with repeated pancreatitis. The advised diet is working to decrease cramps, gas, and belly bloating. I have one question. Is there any medicine to reduce the cramps especially in the upper abdomen? My last blood check showed normal levels of amylase and lipase enzymes,...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diet does play an important role in symptoms for a patient with pancreatitis. So better avoid fatty, fried, and fermented meals. Also, keep away from alcohol. As far as medicines concerned for relief of cramps in the upper abdomen, any analgesic like Acetaminophen c...  Read Full »

Is stenting required for chronic pancreatitis?

Query: Hello Doctor , My brother (age 22) is having severe abdominal pain and he has history of pancreatitis . He is currently in the hospital and yesterday MRI was done. Below is the highlight of MRI Report Reports : " Pancreatic body and tail appear mild atrophy with peripancreatic fat streakiness...  Read Full »

Dr. Hiren Patel

Answer: yes he had chronic pancreatitis and along with stone in duct which if not relieved with ERCP and stone removal + stent than he may develop pain again nd again hence its necessary this is simple procedure no cutting they will do with endoscope only both stone removal and stenting only thing I reco...  Read Full »

What is the possible diagnosis of left abdominal pain with loss of appetite?

Query: Hello doctor, Just after Christmas, I started losing my appetite, I began feeling sick and really lousy and weak. Then at the beginning of this month, I started getting pain in the upper left side of my abdomen (just under my bottom rib). I am still feeling rough, the pains are still happening and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By looking at history, it seems like chronic pancreatitis for me. Pain after eating, tenderness, loss of weight, bloating sensation are highly suggestive. Mesenteric ischemia also presents in a similar way but is usually seen in the elderly with a history of cardiac dis...  Read Full »

Can my acute pancreatitis become chronic?

Query: Hello doctor, I had acute pancreatitis three weeks ago (probably due to too many drinks on a Saturday although I am not a big drinker generally) and since then struggled with digestion. I am very worried as some of my stools are pale yellow and I have terrible fatigue. My blood tests are now all fin...  Read Full »

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, it takes time to recover after acute pancreatitis. I suggest you stop drinking alcohol, absolute cessation of alcohol. You are at a risk of developing repeated episodes of pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis if you continue to drink. Please start enzyme...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for chronic pancreatitis with calcium build-up in the pancreatic duct?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife had pancreatitis, and now she has scarring and calcium buildup in her pancreatic duct. According to her doctor, there is nothing to be done, and she has to live on a liquid diet. I am looking for a second opinion because I do not want her to die from this. Any help is appreciat...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the description, she is suffering from chronic pancreatitis. In this, a persistent inflammation develops in the pancreas. Over time, the inflammation causes scarring and damage to parts of the pancreas. This can then lead to enzymes and insulin deficiency. The...  Read Full »

I developed pancreatitis. Do i have chronic pancreatitis ?

Query: Hello Doctor, I developed pancreatic disease. I have been worsening the condition by taking the triggers (heavy food and alcohol). Last April and July I could manage with a strict diet to bring the inflammation and enzyme levels down. I am maintaining a low fat diet and I have reduced the amount ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and investigations.You are hypertensive, under medication for the same. You are also under medication for anxiety, gastritis and reflux.You are having acute attacks of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas). If you continue taking...  Read Full »