Disc Problem

How to manage an excruciating neck pain that radiates to the shoulder?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having excruciating neck pain that goes into my shoulder or shoulder blade down my arm for four days. I can barely move and have not stopped crying because of the problem, so I went to the emergency room last night, and they gave me a steroid shot and a Percocet tablet, but i...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, you should get your neck appropriately evaluated. A good investigation like an MRI neck will help to point out the cause of pain. As possible, a disc lesion will give such pain in most of the cases, and other structures like facet...  Read Full »

What can be the cause of lower back pain while sitting or lying down in certain positions?

Query: I have a lot of lower back pain when im sitting or laying down only in certain positions. When I straighten my back out and try to stretch it, I get pain in my middle/lower back. I'm a gamer, I sit down pretzel style on my chair with my body leaning forward. Most comfortable position when playing ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, welcome to icliniq. Here you may be suffering with Disc bulge. Pain is considered chronic once it lasts for more than three months and exceeds the body’s natural healing process. Chronic pain in the low back often involves a disc problem, a joint problem, and/or an irritated nerve root. C...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for severe lower back pain after lifting heavyweight?

Query: Hello doctor, I have lower back pain for more than two months. I lifted a heavy rice bag, and the pain is always there since then. No pain in legs, no numbness, and no symptoms other than lower back pain. I cannot bend forward, and I find difficulty in some positions that I used to do. The pain is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tejash Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history of weight lifting and finding of MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity) sacralization of L5-S1 disc and nerve root compression at L3-L4 and retrolysthesis L3 + L4 means posterior displacement of one vertebra over another occurs. So t...  Read Full »

What causes pain under c-section stitches with white vaginal discharge?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old and a mother of two kids. Both of my deliveries were C-sections. I had my last delivery nine years back. Now I am experiencing slight pain under the stitches at the time of white discharges. It is happening for the last two months. White discharge is transparent in appe...  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are talking of white discharge of the vagina, and there is no discharge from the stitch line. It has no direct relation with pain, but the pain in the lower abdomen, which you feel is at the stitch site, can be due to PID (pelvic inflammatory disease). The tr...  Read Full »

I have pain in my back and legs. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Around 6 PM today I had really bad back pain all of a sudden, I have a cold. So I have been texting so I thought it was just that but around 10 or 11 PM, the pain started to shoot down my leg as well, it hurts when I sit and walk and lift my leg.  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your problem from very near, it would be sudden bending causing pressure on disc and protrusion to lumbar nerve causing shooting like pain on leg. The cold and even cough increase the inner disc pressure and causing nerve to more pressure which causes sym...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for radiating cervical pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have cervical pain radiating to the right shoulder, neck, and arm until fingers. I have this problem for the past eight months and I am currently on medications for diabetics.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwinkumar Khandge

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you have described point towards cervical disc issues with a small disc and bone (osteophyte) that is irritating to the right-sided nerve at C5-6 level as mentioned in the MRI reports. Usually, such cases heal within 6-8 weeks. On and off pain is co...  Read Full »

What do high WBC and low hemoglobin indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old female. I previously asked a query in icliniq and was attended by a doctor who advised as follows. Since all your reports are normal except for very mild anemia and a mild increase of WBC count, then the cause of your lower back pain that extends to your hip, thig...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After revising your x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have degenerative changes in your knee joint and in your spines with diminished disc space between lumbar vertebra number 5 and spinal vertebra number 1. These degenerativ...  Read Full »

I get dizziness due to out of C1. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am struggling with dizziness due to C1 being out. My chiropractic sessions are not helping. My chiropractor does not hold the C1 itself, but just my head and cracks. Is what he is doing wrong? Should not he grab the out of place bone and crack it?  Read Full »

Dr. James F Geiselman

Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your question. I am sorry you are experiencing back pain and dizziness. Believe it or not, 80% of people will experience back pain at some point in their life. I do have several questions before I can fully answer your question. How do you know C1 is...  Read Full »

Will back pain bring out non-bacterial prostitis in me?

Query: Hello doctor, I have my MRI pictures for back-pain. Could you comment by looking at the pictures?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your MRI pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and to me, it looks quite pristine. Can you kindly tell me your age and a brief description of your symptoms? The intensity of back pain on a scale of 1-10? Is there any associate...  Read Full »

What to do for pain in the back and ribcage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have bad pain in the middle and left part of my back which is also affecting my lower left ribcage. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned persistent upper back pains with radiation to the rib cage which could be due to a lot of reasons including disc-related issues. If you have localized back pain with no other symptoms like numbness, weakness, paresthesias, etc. then you can start w...  Read Full »