Elevated Level Of Homocysteine

Please help me interpret my blood report.

Query: Hi doctor,I have attached my blood test reports here. Kindly help me with it, because some of the values are not normal. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Few of them are slightly on the higher side, but are not deranged enough to warrant any treatment. Your cholesterol levels and homocysteine levels are on the higher side for which y...  Read Full »

Please interpret my blood report.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having mild chest pain over the last three days. I also feel lazy and less energetic for few months. I have done routine checkup. Can you please give suggestion based on the report attached?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get ECG (electrocardiogram), 2D echo and TMT test (treadmill test) to rule out any cardiac risk. Your homocysteine levels are little high (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which may be the factor responsible for hypercoagulable state. Repeat homocyste...  Read Full »

Please evaluate my CBC report to help me understand my health condition.

Query: Hello doctor, Please examine my heath checkup report with the CBC report extensively and help me to understand my present health condition.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). All and all it looks very good but I have a few questions if you can answer them: Do you have any one in the family with heart attack? If yes who were they and what were there ages? Did so...  Read Full »

What causes lymphocytosis and high homocysteine levels?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I did my blood test and few areas of the result are bothering me. I have attached my entire report. Please do let me know the medication. I do not have any health issues except for random tiredness.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your attached reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In your report, four main abnormal values are present such as lymphocytosis, vitamin D deficiency, vitamin B12 deficiency, and homocysteine borderline high. Lymphocytos...  Read Full »

Is the value of Homocysteine-14.86 too high to take Ecosprin?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 27 years old and 10 weeks pregnant now. Her last month period date (LMP) is 13/06/2015 and she had natural conception. This is her first pregnancy and she was operated for left ovarian dermoid cyst and left ovary was removed in the February 2013. As per the blood test repo...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine concerns. MCBM 69 is the tablet used to aid in production of blood products and also to prevent any suspected neural tube defect in baby. It contains multivitamins, for example: Mecobalamin, ...  Read Full »

Please comment on the abnormal values in my blood test report.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 56 year old male. I got my blood tests done recently. Kindly advice on what is required like medicines or tonics. I am an engineering manager in a corporate field. I am not taking any medicines as of now. I am generally healthy and follow a normal office routine of 10 AM to 7 PM...  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Many of the values are abnormal. You have a vitamin B12 deficiency. That is the reason the MCV (mean corpuscular volume) value is increased in the complete hemogram. Amylase level is also increased in...  Read Full »

My mom suffers with high BP and headache. Is there any heart related issue?

Query: Hi doctor, My query belongs to my mother. She is 73 years old. She is not overweight. Few days back, suddenly she felt heavy headache and after few minutes had pain in her throat. We immediately checked her BP and it was high at 180. So, she had BP medicine and after half an hour she felt normal. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you do not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can well understand your genuine health concerns. He...  Read Full »

What does high homocysteine level indicate?

Query: Hello doctor,I have got my complete blood test check done and found out that certain tests under different heads have high values (more than the reference range). I can send you this test in soft copy format and would like to find out if there is something serious about which I should visit a hospit...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your medical history carefully and the lab results you sent in (attachment removed to protect patient identity). High homocysteine levels are indicating that your diet is high in animal meat. This explains high triglycerides and high uric acid le...  Read Full »

My homocysteine and lipoprotein values are elevated. Is it worrisome?

Query: Hello doctor, I have homocysteine value 23.6, and lipoprotein 31.5. ECG and TMT are normal. Is it serious? As I smoke, is it normal because of my smoking? Do I need to visit a doctor?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is not worrisome. Lipoprotein is just borderline, and you just need to have a healthy lifestyle to control it like low oily, fat and calorie diet along with regular exercises at l...  Read Full »

What is the connection between low ferritin level and thyroid?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing research on diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. I have already interviewed couple of psychiatrists and now would like to focus on asking some questions to endocrinologists. My questions are: 1) “In thyroid disorders mainly in hyperthyroidism a paranoid syn...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) Yes, paranoid syndrome is frequently seen in association with patients having hyperthyroidism, reason being distractive over activity, anxiety, emotional instability, exaggerated insensitivity to noise, fluctuating depression and other unexplained medical symptoms. ...  Read Full »