Gum Bone Loss

What are the causes of throbbing tooth pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have been under tremendous amounts of stress and following that, I have started to notice my bottom front tooth has started to feel slightly abnormal. It sits further back from the rest. Recently, it feels like something has trapped between the teeth and throbs now and then. T...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The dentist removes only the calculus deposits, which are highly infectious and cause recession of gums in front teeth. He cannot remove enamel of any tooth while deep cleaning. You should maintain your gum hygiene by using a mild mouthwash or warm salt water gargle thric...  Read Full »

How to save my molar tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. A few days ago, I had a toothache on my molar teeth and have mobility when touched. I have a big hole in that tooth from my childhood. I guess the black circle is the vein of the tooth. I could not afford to get an implant tooth. I had pain in that tooth a year back...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is clear that this tooth is decayed with loss of large crown structure. The decay has also spread to the roots.  As you have mentioned, there is some mobility on touching the tooth and some...  Read Full »

What is triple attachment gum graft?

Query: Hi doctor, Six weeks ago, I had gum graft. I was told that it could take three months or longer to grow to the maximum. He mentioned it as triple attachment. He tried to explain it, but I did not understand it. In gum grafting, what does triple attachment mean? He also said that, if did not totally...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Triple attachment graft means when the graft consists of three items, namely cancellous bone, cortical bone and gingiva. Some places where the graft is required there is loss of bone too. So, some bone material is also required. The bone is of two types in the jaws. They ...  Read Full »

What can cause implant failure?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had two failed implants. I had the first implant two years ago and it was fine for about six months and then become slightly loose. Then, they removed it and blamed the dentist who put on the crown by saying that they put too much cement. I got the second implant a few months later...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is bone loss and it can be due to the failed implant (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If one failed, there was always very high chance of the failure of the other implant too. I believe they did not give the implant a proper time to heal and are...  Read Full »

Am I in trouble with 20% gum bone loss at the age of 45?

Query: Hi doctor, I was told that my gums are fine with most of them at level 3 and a few in level 4. One doctor said that I have some bone loss, but there is no big deal. Another qualified dentist said that bone loss is 20%. Now, I am scared. Am I in trouble with 20% bone loss at the age 45? I have a prev...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The amount of bone loss that is 20% is not alarming at 45 years of age. It is routinely seen in patients at this age. There is no need to worry as it does not mean that the tooth will fall off soon. Try to maintain the current level by using a warm salt water gargle twice...  Read Full »