How To Improve Lipid Profile

What can be done to maintain lipid levels?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 77 years old. Just had quad bypass surgery. Too clogged for a stent. Not overweight (ever). Smoked 2 or 3 cheap cigars a day for 15 to 20 years. No regular exercise, but stayed busy in the yard, walked the dogs, etc. Generally ate what he wanted, including both a lot of g...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three things you are asking, statin, diet, exercise, right? 1. Statin: Scientific evidence shows elevated lipid especially LDL is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, and stroke. And guidelines tell us that everyone aged ...  Read Full »

Please check my lipid profile and provide detailed interpretation.

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last four months, I am on a high fat, high protein and low carbohydrate diet where I am taking 250 g of protein, 200 g of fat (mostly saturated) and very low carbohydrates target is less than 50 g per day. Cholesterol is one of the major problems in my family, so I got a lipid pr...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your lipid profile (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests that you have normal cholesterol levels except LDL cholesterol, which is raised. High-density lipoproteins (HDL) are good cholesterol and protect blood vessels from deposition of cholesterol. Low...  Read Full »

How to reduce high uric acid?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the laboratory report of my husband. Currently, he is not on any medication. His uric acid is high as per the report. Please examine the reports and let me know if any supplement required. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

What are the ways to get rid of high cholesterol?

Query: Hi sir, I am 30 years old male. I am working in an insurance company. No habit of smoking or drinking. My height is 5'10" weight is 84 kg. I am getting left-sided chest pain since two years. I also have left-sided shoulder pain which radiates in the upper back and left hand pain. I had a CT angiogra...  Read Full »

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query I understood your concern. Epigastric pain radiating to back and shoulders should be evaluated for gastric discomforts like gastritis and cholecystitis which is very common in deranged lipid profile. I believe this is due to hyperlipidemia. Your lipid p...  Read Full »

Should I worry about my deteriorating 2D Echocardiogram?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past three years, my 2D Echo seems to be deteriorating. My TMT is positive and CAG is recommended. Early stage cervical spondylosis too has been reported. I have attached my test reports for your reference. Currently I am taking Losar- H 25 mg. Please go through the reports an...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can understand your genuine health concerns. I would like to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine. Proper care and treatment is what you require.  Read Full »

Why do I feel lethargic and tired?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel lethargic, tired and lost a few kilograms of weight. I had an HCP test done. I want you to see it and help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your message. From the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I feel significant are as follows. You have uncontrolled diabetes. At age of 30, it is likely to be type 1 diabetes and you need to start Insulin injection. Meet a local diabe...  Read Full »

How to get the glucose and lipid readings back to normal while doing LCHF diet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54 year old male, and I do not smoke or drink. I am prediabetic and overweight from the past five years. I have started LCHF (low carb high fat) and IF (intermediate fasting) diet for seven weeks. This has given very good results, I was 100 kg, and now I weigh 90 kg. And my blo...  Read Full »

Dr. Deep Dutta

Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. LCHF diet is a good short-term option for weight loss. But it is not a good option for long-term weight loss. Prolonged use of this diet is associated with increased risk of hypercholesterolemia and fatty liver disease, which limits their long-term use. Based on your m...  Read Full »

How to reduce the level of triglycerides?

Query: Hi doctor, How can I reduce triglycerides? I have been checking my lipid profile over last seven years. Every time it comes back normal except triglycerides which are between 250 and 400. Kindly do the needful.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

My son has diarrhea after having certain types of meals. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Hope you are doing fine. May I come back to you with the following query? It relates to my son who consulted with a medical doctor in our place over here with a diarrheal syndrome. He suffers from diarrhea after having certain types of meals, as also when he drinks a glass of wine or b...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and can understand you are worried about your son's health. I have gone through your son's labs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and found some important things there regarding his liver and lipid profile. He is having a bad lipid prof...  Read Full »

What is the risk of avoiding or postponing angiography?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. My height is 184 cm and weight is 97 kg. I have breathlessness on exertion. I get some pain in my throat while walking, but not always. I had a TMT test which was positive. I did TMT for 6.3 minutes and stopped due to breathlessness. The ECG showed ST depression o...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I welcome you and want to assure you do not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »