Hypersensitivity Reactions

I consumed food containing toxin. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, While I was having fast food in a restaurant, I found some material not familiar to me in the food. Two days later, I visited the same restaurant and had the same food. But there was no similar material that I found two days ago. After that event, I have been thinking if that substan...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to give a scientific explanation of food/chemical toxicity. The ingredients used to prepare fast food may not always be the same. The cook may use different brands, different batch of the same manufacturer, or different item itself. The procedure of cookin...  Read Full »

I would like to have the best treatment for constant running nose.

Query: Hi doctor, I have problems with my nose for over 10 years. My nose runs all time every day. I got a surgery on the nasal valve and it got worse. The surgeon told me that it is normal and prescribed me Xozal. I am using it for past three months but no improvement with it. I wish to get something pr...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from allergic rhinitis which is a form of hypersensitivity and it causes running nose. However this has an offending agent and when the allergen is avoided, the allergy subsides. To confirm whether it is allergy we can do two tests which incl...  Read Full »

A hive spot in my thigh is consistent. What treatment would you recommend?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had hives for a month. They are recurring in my feet, left leg, underarms and face. The rash is in one or more of those places every day. My left thigh has remained inflamed and covered with hives. I have kept a photo diary. I have seen a local dermatologist who did a punch biopsy....  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history, clinical description and histopathology (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are most likely suggestive of urticaria. Urticaria is an immediate hypersensitivity reaction of the skin to various common triggers such as insect bites, infective fo...  Read Full »

What is causing my sneezing problem, climate change or allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am living in a tropical coastal area. I used to travel always. When I am outside my place or abroad, I do not have any problem. But, when I enter my place and as soon as I enter my house, I will start sneezing and then after sometime my nose will start dripping. This happens only in my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be a hypersensitivity reaction (allergy) and is most likely caused by dust mites in your house. The other factors could be pollens of a particular type of plant near your house. This is not a serious issue and you need not worry about it. Just get an allerge...  Read Full »