Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease

What do small red bumps at the back of my throat indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38-year-old male with a height of 5'7 feet and a weight of 69 kg. Six months before, I had a severe dry cough, and that got over by a week on its own I did not take any medicine. I also got few ulcers in my mouth, and that healed in a week. That time, I noticed four small red bump...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for this irritation in the throat with a feeling of a lump or something obstructing while swallowing saliva can be a feature of chronic silent GERD with LPR (gastroesophageal reflux with laryngopharyngeal reflux). Bumps at the back of your tongue ...  Read Full »

Is cough associated with gastric diseases?

Query: Hello doctor, I have cough problem for five years. I have tested for TB as well, but it was negative. Before, I used to take prescribed medicines by the doctor and get relief. But for the last five months, I have a continuous cough with vomiting, sometimes. Kindly guide me on what to do.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for having these symptoms could be a feature of chronic silent GERD (gastroesophageal reflux) with LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux). Even though you might be asymptomatic or never had gastric issues in between, the inflammation in the throat oft...  Read Full »

What is GERD with LPR (gastroesophageal reflux with laryngopharyngeal reflux)?

Query: Hi doctor, It started around a month ago with tightness in the throat. When I got to the doctor, I was able to talk for only one time, that too, through the phone. Doctor prescribed me a tablet Penicillin, and I took it every six hours for 10 days. I also got anti-inflammatory Diflam throat spray, ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com The most common reason for having this irritation in the throat with a feeling of a lump or something obstructing while swallowing saliva can be a feature of chronic silent GERD with LPR (gastroesophageal reflux with laryngopharyngeal reflux). Even though you might be a...  Read Full »

What can cause the feeling of a lump in the throat with some swallowing problems?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a sensation of a lump in my throat with occasional nausea and difficulty in swallowing. I am having this issue for three months.   Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send a picture of your throat. Please mention whether you have reflux in the form of a burning sensation in the chest or stomach. Please mention whether you have a bitter taste in your throat while waking up in the morning. I need to see your reports of the inves...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my severe cough and feeling of lump stuck in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a horrible cough for around five months. It feels like small stuff stuck in my throat. I have tried many different OTC medicines. And I am not sick. Recently, I went to an eye doctor, and my temperature was fine. Now I have a cough, and I cannot control that randomly starts...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for having this irritation in the throat with a feeling of a lump or something obstructing while swallowing saliva can be a feature of chronic silent GERD with LPR (gastroesophageal reflux with laryngopharyngeal reflux). Even though you might ...  Read Full »

Why do I get a strange feeling in my throat when I try to cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a weird sensation in my throat. It feels like a pill is stuck, but I can eat and drink fine. The sensation is not there when I eat or drink. I try to cough to clear the sensation, but it does not work. I have had a steroid shot and antibiotic. I did not see a difference. Some d...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely, this is a product of reflux. But for confirmation, can you send a picture of the throat's back with an open mouth? Do you have diabetes or blood pressure? Are there any thyroid issues? Do you smoke or drink? Is there any difficulty in swallowing or pai...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest remedy for sore tonsils and swallowing difficulty.

Query: Hello doctor,I had soreness on my left tonsil that started two months back. Three weeks later, I went to an ENT. He put me on Prednisone 40 mg. I took it for a few days, but it was not helping. I again went to the ENT next week, and he put a camera into my nose to see my throat and said no issues ex...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I can understand that you must be very anxious and upset about your ongoing symptoms. To tell somebody or to diagnose that you have laryngopharyngeal reflux, one should undergo a PH metry testing. In this, a probe (acid monitoring probe) in the lower part of...  Read Full »

Why do I have excruciating pain in forehead with cough and sneeze?

Query: Hi doctor, I have excruciating pain in the left side of my forehead. It happens in the morning after waking up and the pain troubles me for two hours. This pain troubles me for two hours. It happens daily and after having these painful hours, everything goes normal during the rest of the day. I hav...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux) with rhinitis. You need further evaluation. You need to do a CT scan of the nose and sinus with nasal and laryngeal endoscopy. With the results, it is fine to find the cause whether there is any polyp or sinus pathology. You s...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for throat redness and mouth sores in a healthy person?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old with a height of 6 feet and weight around 105 kg. But my body is fit, not bulky, and I have no other diseases. I do not drink or smoke, no junk foods and alcohol. No wine, no beer, etc. Only homely food. But, I eat chicken fry and red meat a lot. I recently did a tho...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you have chronic granular pharyngitis with laryngopharyngeal reflux. Chronic granular pharyngitis is an alteration in the pharynx's mucous membrane involving the mucous glands and the lymph follicles. It is aggravated by allergens, viruses, bac...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for throat irritation, blisters and swallowing difficulty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old. For the past five years, I have reddishness in the throat, and throat blisters may be inflammation (I do not know the correct word). I checked my blood thyroid, and all internal organs are working fine. Uric acid is a bit high and deficiency of vitamin D. I have sy...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for having this throat irritation with a feeling of a lump or something obstructing while swallowing saliva can be a feature of chronic silent GERD with LPR (gastroesophageal reflux with laryngopharyngeal reflux). Even though you might be asy...  Read Full »