Left Sided Chest Pain

Is it possible to have left-sided chest pain without cardiac cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 64 years old. I am a heavy drinker for 30 years and had SCA two years ago. I also had an AICD implant and on Dytor 10, Flavidon, Cordarone 200, Xeralto 15, and Xtor 10. My HR is 60, EF is 45, and LV grade 2 dysfunction with LV hypertrophy. I do cardiac exercise biking 8 km per da...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you ever undergo angiography or CT coronary angiography to look for the status of the vessel? Was your sudden cardiac arrest attributed to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy? Please share your echo report as well. Now regarding your pain, it does not show the character...  Read Full »

Why do I have chest pain during deep breathing?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 68 year old male. My height is 5'4" and weight is 142 lbs. I stopped smoking at the age of 38. I drink on an average of half bottle of beer a day at most. I do prepare my own food, which is mostly organic. I eat meat, egg, little dairy, vegetables, a fair amount of raw food, seeds...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your chest pain and heaviness is related to exertion (walking) a possibility that it is of cardiac origin cannot be neglected. A very important feature of stable angina is angina on exertion. The stabbing pain and dull nature, which can better be termed as chest hea...  Read Full »

Can I take bronchodilator for chest pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is that I have pain in my left lung . Firstly, I will let you know the history. I cannot play any of the sports properly due to the pain. If I work hard such as playing football, running, etc., it will lead to a great pain . And, I cannot even properly cough and it never go aw...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Important here is that only pain is not a symptom of lung allergy or asthma. If that is associated with shortness of breath while doing any physical activity, then it is a sign of asthma. I would recommend a clinical examination in such case. If ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for left-sided upper back pain.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain for the past one year. Day by day it has been increasing. I underwent ECG, Echo and TMT eight months back. All the tests were normal. My lipid profile is as follows:Tryglicerides - 276, LDL - 85, HDL - 28 and tot...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your upper back pain and left sided chest pain might be due to a condition called cervical radiculopathy. It is a condition where the nerves at your neck level get compressed between the neck bones and causes pain in the back of neck or upper back or arm or shoulder or ...  Read Full »

Are left-sided chest pain and middle finger tip pain symptoms of heart problem?

Query: Hello doctor, When I touch the tip of my middle finger I feel pain there as well as on the left side of my chest. It just started yesterday. Is this a sign of a heart problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your pain, please do not be worried. You will be fine. It is not a definite sign of heart disease. There are arthritis, angina, etc. Do you have a history of heart diseases in your family? Do you experience shortness of breath? Have you expe...  Read Full »

Can right basal pneumonia cause pain on the left side?

Query: I have right basal pneumonia but why is my left side hurt much? When i cough and taking deep breath its very painfull... I started taking antibiotics yesterday. It will just go away? For how long the pain will ease?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

Answer: Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have gone through your symptoms. You are having Pneumonia on the rt side. Pneumonia is inflammation of lung parenchyma. It can result in fever cough with expectoration and breathlessness. Sometimes it can result in pleural effusion (fluid accumulation in between the...  Read Full »

Is stabbing pain under armpit serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. My weight is 195 lbs and height is 5'8". I have hypothyroidism and I am on Synthroid. I am taking Amoxicillin for a lingering cold. Yesterday, I experienced a sharp pain on my left side, under my armpit, equal with my left breast. I had this episode of pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh Badaku Desai

General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern as your grandparents passed of a heart attack, the fear you have is genuine. But, just pain in your chest is not an indication of a heart attack. Since you gave a history of carbonated food and tablet Amoxicillin along with thyroid medication...  Read Full »

I have life-sided chest pain. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male having a normal health condition. My height is 5 feet 6 inches, and weight is 58 Kg. Recently (yesterday), I noticed chest pain in the left side which feels like pinpointed pain (electric shock kind) and lasted for a few seconds. Please let me know what I need ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

What does the CT scan results mean?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother has been having these following symptoms: Rapid heart beat. Severe headaches especially at nights. Pain on the left side of the chest. Occassional nausea. He went for a CT scan and part of the results is, ''A large filling defect is seen within the infrarenal inferior vena c...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The findings suggestive by his CT scan report goes in favor of Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Thrombosis. Assessing the clotting and fibrinolytic systems are required. The investigations required are protein C, protein S, antithrombin III and anticardiolipin studies. The goa...  Read Full »

Shortness of breath and chest pain after breathing in steam

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male weighing in 185 and 5'9". I do not take any medications. I am worried if I am at risk of any complications after having breathed in some steam/air at about 350 F. I was covering a pot roast I had just taken out of the oven when I accidentally took a breath of it...  Read Full »

Dr. Ritesh Kumar Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the history, at times, though not very common, steam/air inhalation can cause inflammation of the airway leading to respiratory symptoms and even pulmonary edema. So, keep an eye on the following symptoms : If you develop hoarseness of voice, wheezing, strido...  Read Full »