Insulin Sensitivity

Related Terms: Metformin, Insulin, Control Diabetes, Diet And Lifestyle, Exercises, Hba1c, Intravenous Antibiotics, Diabetes Mellitus

Please recommend some supplements to reduce HbA1c.
Query: Hi doctor, My HbA1c is around 6.0 %. Several years ago, it was used to be at 5.2 %. Can you recommend some supplements to reduce HbA1c?  Read Full »
Dr. Fatemeh Jadidi
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HbA1c level (glycated hemoglobin) goes up when your body is unable to control glucose accurately and when the insulin sensitivity is low. You have not mentioned the treatment taken for diabetes. I assume that you are prediabetic and I am giving the following instruction...  Read Full »

Can hormonal problems cause ovulation issues and irregular periods?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old woman. My weight is 95 kg and height 165. I have irregular periods, ovulation problem. I consulted a doctor, she says hormonal problem, I have not produced an ovum, so the ovulation has stopped.  Read Full »
Dr. Supriya Pandey

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your condition is known as PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease). It has the following features: Ovarian follicles are not fully functional and they do not produce the adequate hormone. This disease also has insulin resistance (a hormone which decreases glucose by increasin...  Read Full »

HbA1c of 8.8 in a 45-year-old male. What can be the treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45-year-old male. I am 6 feet tall and I weigh 91 kg. I had taken excess BCAA supplement powder to enhance my gym performance and then stopped going to the gym for two Months but continued taking the BCAA powder. I feel bloated all the time after food intake and have high blood ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have diabetes and you must definitely take treatment for it. I suggest that you start with the tablet Metformin 500 mg thrice a day and then repeat your HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin...  Read Full »

Shall I switch to Glycomet SR 500 mg to control my glucose?
Query: Hi doctor, I am in the initial stage of diabetes. I have been diagnosed before a year only. I walk 7 km a day and five days a week. Still, my present medication does not maintain my glucose levels. My average fasting blood sugar level is 140. I am currently on Glycomet 250 and I am wondering if I sh...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. From your blood glucose levels, it is clear that the medication you are taking is not sufficient to control your blood glucose. You have not mentioned if you are taking Glycomet 250 once or twice a day. If you are taking Glycomet 25...  Read Full »

Fasting and Its Implications on Health
Article Overview: This article talks about intermittent fasting and how it benefits the human health.  Read Article »
Dr. Sumaiya Jamil
Dietician

Research has found that fasting dramatically increases longevity and reduces health risks like Metabolic dysregulation. Atherosclerosis. Cognitive dysfunction. People who are well-fed have more chance of weight gain and insulin resistance which increases the risk of Diabetes. Hypertensio ...  Read Article »

What Is Oolong Tea?
Article Overview: Many individuals are putting on a lot of weight owing to their sedentary lifestyle. Sadly, this type of lifestyle has taken a negative toll on the health of the people. Interestingly, according to many research studies, a tea which has derived its origin from China has certain amazing properties of increasing the metabolism of a person by at least 20 percent on consuming it at least twice daily. Oolong tea contains certain antioxidants called as polyphenols which activate the enzyme lipase which in turn enhances fat breakdown. This aids with weight loss in individuals with higher waist circumference and a higher basal metabolic rate. It is a partially oxidized tea and available in colors intermediate between green and black tea.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Following are some other benefits of oolong tea highlighted below Weight Loss Oolong tea is an intermediate between green tea and black tea, which means that it contains properties of both -that is, aiding metabolism through the catechins present in the tea as well as relieving stress in an indivi ...  Read Article »

When will my blood sugar level come back to acceptable levels?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with type II diabetes five years back. I have maintained good sugar control. Currently, I am taking Trulicity 1.5 weekly, Lantus nightly and 2000 mg of Metformin with my evening meal. Toward the end of last year, my diet was not good, as I was eating a lot of carbohyd...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have started proper diet control, your blood sugar levels are getting better and better day by day. Yes, it does take some time to get back to normal once you are careful about your diet and exercise. You can check your HbA1c levels now and after three mon...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Long Term Consequences of PCOS?
Article Overview: In this article, I will describe PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), its causes, investigations, complications, long-term consequences and tips to deal with PCOS.  Read Article »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

PCOS is one of the most common endocrine disorders in females and the most common cause of anovulatory subfertility. The prevalence is 6 to 7 % in the childbearing age group, although it differs according to the ethnicity. It is a diagnosis of exclusion (all other pathologies are to be excluded like ...  Read Article »

Suffering from PCOD and taking medicines, but still it has not reduced. Can you help ?
Query: Dear Doctor, I am a 29 year old female suffering from PCOD, taking medicines from past 1 year. But still it has not reduced. I was into Metformin and Folic acid. At the same time I have also taken medicines for conception (i.e, clomiphene). Follicar study has been conducted for four times and only ...  Read Full »
Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Metformin is a very effective medicine in PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) treatment. It reduces weight, increases sensitivity to insulin and decreases androgen level. All these effects are helpful in the treatment of PCOD. But as you say it is not effective in your ...  Read Full »

How to increase my leptin sensitivity?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old female. How to increase my leptin sensitivity to increase my metabolism? After losing 12 kg, now I am gaining weight easily. Also, my shape gets ruined as I am gaining weight in the wrong place. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Uphar Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to lose weight to increase your leptin sensitivity. In general, insulin resistance generates leptin resistance. It means one should not let the insulin level to go up. Sugar makes insulin go up and we are overdosed with sugar in this country. If we get the sugar ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Insulin Sensitivity? We have medical experts to help you right away.