Management Of Acne Scars

Related Terms: Acne Scars, Management Of Acne, Treatment Of Acne, Acne, Acne Vulgaris, Isotretinoin, Benzoyl Peroxide

Can you recommend a product for acne scars?
Query: Hello doctor, I am currently having acne on my cheeks and I am applying Benzoyl peroxide gel on my acne. It only reduces the inflammation but bumps are not reducing. I also have pigmentation caused by acne before. What may be the reason? I usually get cystic acne bumps on my cheeks. The acne clears ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This provisional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of report or image (attachment removed to protect patient identity)  and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings. You should know that yo...  Read Full »

Are derma rollers really effective for scars?
Query: Hello doctor, I have heard good things and bad things about derma rollers. My question is, are they good for scars? Will they actually help? Also, can I use them myself? Or is it better to get it done by a professional?  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Derma rollers are good for certain types of acne scars like rolling type of acne scars (smooth edges of scar). It is not useful for icepick scars and box car type of acne scars. The professional use is usually with a needle length 1.5 mm and higher (4mm). Self-use is r...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for pus filled acne?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having acne on my cheeks for the past one month. I have red and pus filled acne. Redness is more in the cheeks area. I used Clindamycin gel and the pimple size reduced. But, pimples did not go away and also spreading nearby. I have used Benzoyl peroxide too, but no improvement. I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.  Read Full »

Why is there no improvement in my cystic acne scars, even after three laser sessions?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a student, and I have huge cystic acne scars on my nose. I am getting laser sessions for the same, in a local clinic. But, even after three sessions, my skin shows no difference. Those marks look raised and terrible. Should I discontinue the treatment as it is extremely expensive fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is really difficult to get the scars healed with the available treatment options. Laser therapy is costly, and the results with this cannot be guaranteed. Laser therapy is one of the best available modality of treatment. So, if you can bear the cost, then you can conti...  Read Full »

Can I use Betnovate for my acne?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22 year old female. I am suffering from a bout of acne since a couple of weeks now. They redden and leave behind dark spots. I am not touching them and drinking plenty of water. I have used tea tree oil and lemon juice on them. I apply Betnovate but it is not helping much. Kindly...  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please stop applying Betnovate (Betamethasone) since it is not an acne treatment and can actually give rise to more acne. Kindly provide me with more details: Do you have dandruff on you...  Read Full »

Please give your opinion regarding my acne prescription.
Query: Hi doctor, For the last four months, I started getting acne in the form of pustules, papules and small nodules. My dermatologist prescribed Isotretinoin 20 mg on alternate days, but rather than improvement my acne is getting worse. She also prescribed antibiotic Sepmax-DS (800 mg) that is a combina...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should continue with Isotretinoin. Isotretinoin is a wonderful drug, but it takes around 40 days to show its effect. With Isotretinoin, you may even feel flare up of your acne, which is normal and it should be continued. I cannot comment upon the usefulness of Septra...  Read Full »

Is Retino-A effective for cystic acne scar?
Query: Hi doctor, I suffered from cystic acne. I used Clindamycin and Epiduo gel. It cleared my acne, but left black and red marks. I have attached the pictures. Which type of scar is this? Is there any topical cream to remove the marks? Is a chemical peel or Retino A effective for this? I also have some h...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern. I have also viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are ice pick and boxcar scars (the big ones) of acne. Treatment for the small ice pick (hole-like) scars may ...  Read Full »

Would fractional laser help in removing acne scars?
Query: Hi doctor, I have mild to moderate acne. My dermatologist prescribed Isotretinoin 20 mg on alternate days, but I am experiencing hair fall. Also, he prescribed an antibiotic Septra. I took the tablets for only two days. I am reluctant to take these drugs due to its side effect. Please suggest an alt...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not take Septra for acne (combination of Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim). Isotretinoin is not safe if you are planning a pregnancy. Otherwise, there is no risk. There are alternatives available like Minocycline and Doxycycline. I suggest a capsule Doxy 100 mg twice...  Read Full »

Types and Techniques of Acne Scar Revision Surgery
Article Overview: Acne is one of the dermatological conditions in which surgical modalities have a significant role with certain limitations. I have discussed about various acne scar surgeries.  Read Article »

Acne scars and wrinkles have always a challenge for treatment. Surgery in acne is indicated usually either for acne scars or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Pitted facial scars, although commonly caused by acne, also result from a variety of conditions such as chicken pox, herpes zoster, etc. T ...  Read Article »

How to remove pimples and the scars on my face?
Query: Hello doctor, I have lots of pimples and scars on my face. How can I remove it from my face? Please guide me.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pimple is somewhat hormonal and due to oily skin. Remember the following measures to control pimples. Do not use hair oil and avoid oily foods, chocolates and milk products. Do not use any steroid creams. Face wash and soaps are not the treatment and they do not help. D...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Management Of Acne Scars? We have medical experts to help you right away.