Medicine Side Effects

Related Terms: Anxiety, Depression, Ssri, Clonazepam, Antidepressants, Escitalopram, Stress

Is Aripiprazole safe for a 65 year old diabetic and hypertensive patient?
Query: Hello doctor, My father is 65 years old. He has bipolar disorder for 40 years. He also has diabetes. He is taking medicine for high blood pressure. For a very long time, he took lithium 1000 mg and oxcarbazepine 900 mg. 2-3 episodes used to happen, normally of long manic spell followed by gloomy/not...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Medicines for mental health conditions should be taken under the strict supervision of the psychiatrist. As mentioned above, lithium toxicity is a serious concern and it is good that you have ...  Read Full »

How to Avoid Constipation?
Article Overview: This article gives you brief information about constipation and its treatment.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

What Is Constipation? It is an incomplete movement of the intestine. It is a prevalent problem which affects 90 % of people in the world. In initial days, people ignore this complaint, but as days pass, it disturbs the routine. If your stomach is not emptied, it will make you feel irritated, and yo ...  Read Article »

Is it fine to take Yohimbine in the morning?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I am taking one Yohimbine capsule daily in the morning. Is it dangerous to use? Should I take it along with Cialis or any other supplement? Please explain.  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not recommended to take Yohimbine in the morning since it can cause dizziness. So, you should not take it and drive or go to work. It is better to take it at night before going to bed. You should not use it if you have a history of any heart or kidney or liver probl...  Read Full »

Nowadays, I am not getting excited after masturbation. Will it be a side effect of Metoprolol?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I am taking Metoprolol succinate for three months for viral infection. My cardiologist said that the viral infection is almost gone, but I should keep taking the Metoprolol succinate for three more months that is overall six six months. Initially, I had 50 mg, and now...  Read Full »
Dr. Alon Seifan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Metoprolol will block the autonomic nervous system, which is the fight and flight response or the rest and digest response that we have when we get excited or relaxed. Feeling chills on our body is also controlled by the autonomic nervous system. So, it makes sense to me ...  Read Full »

Which antipsychotic medicine will cause the least weight gain?
Query: Hi doctor, Which atypical antipsychotic will cause the least weight gain? Abilify is not an option as I am allergic to it. Also, Geodon or Zeldox gave me severe drowsiness to the point that I had to sleep or could not open my eyes. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Haloperidol is an antipsychotic with the least weight gain potential. If you are maintaining well on the antipsychotic which you are prescribed now, I advise you to continue taking it as discontinuation can precipitate a relapse. The medicines are prescribed based on the ...  Read Full »

What does diffuse cerebral atrophy mean?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 52 years old and suffering from headache since so many years. We started the psychiatric treatment for her before six years. She has to take all medicines every day and whenever she misses them, she suffers from the headache. So, we decided to go for her brain MRI and the res...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your question well. Cerebral atrophy is a normal change seen in every aging brain. But for some people, it is faster than the other. Please do not get panic from this finding. There is no medicine to date, which is effective in treating cerebral atrophy. Th...  Read Full »

What are the long-term side effects of Mirtazapine taken for insomnia?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old and have generalized anxiety and insomnia. I never had anxiety in life but it all happened after I was diagnosed with high BP. Currently, I am taking Mirtazapine 7.5 mg since last four months. It makes me sleep but the quality of sleep is very bad. I did not take up ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly let me clear the fact, Mirtazapine is a newer antidepressant which causes sedation as its side-effect. So it is primarily used for the treatment of depressive symptoms but it can benefit in sleep as well if the patient complains of reduced sleep. As such M...  Read Full »

Which anti-anxiety and insomnia medicine will not raise blood pressure and heart rate?
Query: Hello doctor,One of the doctors (DM) prescribed me XeFexor Duo (combination of Flupentixol and Escitalopram) for psychosomatic symptoms due to persistent anxiety. All my tests like TMT, 2D echo, 48 hours Holter monitor, ECG, kidney or liver tests, blood tests, vitamin tests, etc are normal. I read t...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must understand that there is a difference between potential side effects that are reported with the drug and commonly seen side effects with a drug. While the side effects that you mentioned have been reported in the literature, they are not common and I have...  Read Full »

Does fluoxetine cause restless leg, headache and increased sweating?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Fluoxetine antidepressant drug for a few years. I just started to notice few change, but I do not know what to do. I am getting more headaches than normal, restless legs at night and hot sweat most of the day and night. Are my problems related to the drug? Can you prescr...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramkesh Prasad
Preventive Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the problems you are facing are most likely related to long-term side effects of the drug Fluoxetine.Mild headaches and sweating are known side effects intrinsic to Fluoxetine. Usually this drug is tolerated by most patients only at the lowest effective dose.Also ...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the interaction of pomegranate juice with Rosuvastatin.
Query: Hi doctor, I was reading on the internet that one should not take pomegranate juice while on Rosuvastatin. It damages the kidney and muscle loss will occur. Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. There is no direct interaction between pomegranate juice and statin so it is not absolutely contraindicated. But, drinking pomegranate juice by people who are taking statin may lead slower metabolism of stain and may increase the...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Medicine Side Effects? We have medical experts to help you right away.