Mouth Breathing

Related Terms: Asthma, Anxiety, Allergy, Breathing Exercises, Gerd, Pantoprazole, Chest X- Ray, Allergic Rhinitis

I am a mouth breather. Will this cause health problems later?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 19. I am partly a mouth breather since childhood. I mean, I breathe through my mouth only while sleeping. Is it harmful? Will I get sleep apnea? I am a thin guy with no snoring issues.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about mouth breathing. I would like to say that yes, eventually it causes enlarged tonsils as well as adenoids, and causes a nasal obstruction leading to obstructive sleep apnea. It can happen in any body type. If your nose is blocked b...  Read Full »

Why are my teeth moving in front?
Query: Hello doctor, I feel like my teeth are loose and moving in front. It looks like my tongue is pushing them forward. When I look in the mirror, I can notice that one of my teeth has shifted. I do not know what happened and I am really scared. I try to brush my teeth at least once a day. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling of teeth moving forward might be due to the following: The eruption of the wisdom teeth - the force exerted by eruptingtooth pushes the rest of the teeth forward. Periodontitis - gum disease that causes migration of the teeth. Mouth breathing - breathin...  Read Full »

How to straighten teeth without braces or veneers?
Query: Hello doctor, I want straight teeth. I do not want braces or accelerated orthodontics or veneers. And I do not want a retainer. Is there any hope?  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The various methods to obtain properly aligned teeth include braces, accelerated orthodontics, veneers, retainers and few others. The suitable method for you can be decided by knowing your age, teeth alignment, gum and jaw bone condition, any parafunctional habits like...  Read Full »

Will I get benefit from sinus surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, I snore and wake up tired daily. Sometimes, my nose is runny all day. I have attached my CT report for your reference. I just wanted to know if surgery necessary. Will it benefit me? Please explain.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are happy to help you. Your CT scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity) concludes that you have retention cyst inside both maxillary sinuses and the right frontal sinus. Retention cysts form when fluid collections in the sinuses get covered with a mucu...  Read Full »

How to treat my son who is breathing through mouth and not nose?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is eight years old. From birth to till now, my son is taking Penicillin for the ear and throat infections. He cannot breathe through the nose. He uses mouth for breathing for years. What can I do now? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You son is suffering from upper airway obstruction. It causes him to breathe through the mouth. It could be a result of allergies or inflammation of adenoids behind the nose. It can be cured by steroid sprays. It is just a part of the treatment. If there is some other f...  Read Full »

My son has frequent episodes of itching of the nose and eyes. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, My 10 year old son is suffering from an itchy nose and eyes from the past one month. We consulted an eye specialist and an ENT. They both said that it is an allergy and prescribed their medicines. But, there was no sign of improvement. Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are your son's symptoms? Can you elaborate on those? Do these symptoms occur regularly? Have these occurred before the past one month? Do the symptoms worsen or lessen during any time of the day or any time of the year? Are the symptoms more while your son is at a...  Read Full »

Why am I having bad breath?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old having bad breath. And I have consulted many dentists for treatment. But no one has any idea about what problem is actually causing bad breath. I usually brush my teeth 2 to 3 times daily.  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can opt for the following treatments stepwise. Start using antibacterial or Chlorhexidine Gluconate mouthwash. This is best for bad breath or stinking mouth and halitosis. Use three times a day for two weeks. Another very helpful method for the cure of bad breath is...  Read Full »

One tonsil is bigger than the other. Is it of concern?
Query: Hello doctor, My 12 year old has one tonsil larger than the other, but no other symptoms.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unilateral enlargement of tonsil is an indication for removal surgically and histopathological examination of the removed specimen. However, before I would categorically suggest that, I would like to see a picture of the tonsils. If the child can open the mouth widely ...  Read Full »

Are my throat and nose symptoms an allergic reaction to pollution and industrial gases?
Query: Hi doctor, I have throat and nose problems since a year. My throat becomes dry while walking, I feel discomfort while breathing, and I have tiny red spots on the roof of my mouth. These spots become very painful whenever I get a throat infection, which I get twice a year during season change. I do n...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By the information you provided, it appears you have some chronic inflammation, which is occasionally worsened by season change or allergy. I suggest you wear a mask whenever you go outside. While walking, there might be an increased demand for air, which makes you bre...  Read Full »

Halitosis is ruining my personal life and career. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have suffered congestion, brain fog, and extreme halitosis for five years and I have extremely thick mucus (liquid) with air bubbles in it. One side of my head is worse than the other. I have been to two ENTs. I have had CT scans of brain and sinus and they are all clear. Could it be Sj...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is the problem more on one side? If so, which side is it? Do you have any nose block or reduced sense of smell? Any facial pain or headache or sinus pressure? Is there any postnasal drip? Is the halitosis worse after taking any particular food or drink? Do you have any...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Mouth Breathing? We have medical experts to help you right away.