Multinodular Goitre

Related Terms: Thyroid Problem, Hyperthyroidism, Thyroid, Thyroid Dysfunction, Thyroid Nodules, Als, Difficulty In Swallowing

Why TSH is high two months after stopping Levothyroxine?
Query: Dear doctor, I had multinodular goiter with normal TSH. I was taking Levothyroxine tablet daily for 12 months. Now, two months after completing the tablets, my TSH is 11.5 (max 5.5). Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As long as you were taking Levothyroxine, your body levels of T3, T4 hormones were maintained at normal levels. Due to your goiter, your body is not producing T3, T4 hormones adequately. But, that is getting compensated by excessive synthesis of TSH (thyroid-stimulatin...  Read Full »

Be Aware of the Thyroid!
Article Overview: The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland in front of your neck. Along with the other glands of the endocrine system, it regulates the metabolic functions of the body by releasing thyroid hormones. This article talks about the normal functions of the thyroid as well as common thyroid disorders and their symptoms and treatments.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
Endocrinologist

Overview of Thyroid The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland in front of your neck. Along with the other glands of the endocrine system, it regulates the metabolic functions of the body by releasing thyroid hormones into the bloodstream. Thyroid disorders can occur when there is too much or too les ...  Read Article »

I have a benign multinodular goiter. Is there a need for thyroidectomy?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with multinodular goiter and have done FNAC, which turned to be benign. Is there any other way to get rid of the enlargement of the goiter and the nodules? My thyroid is full of them ranging from 0.5 to 0.9 mm. What should I do? I feel lost, and I have a con...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can I see the FNAC (fine needle aspiration), and ultrasound of the thyroid reports? Do you have a family history of thyroid illness? Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full »

Does vitamin deficiency cause twitching and tingling?
Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I began having twitches and tingling in both legs from the knee down. For some time now, probably 6 months or more, I also began feeling that my legs were heavy and just general weakness all over, not really muscle weakness. I am also a gastric bypass patient and have a his...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause subacute combined degeneration of the cord. So, the treatment is daily Vitamin B12 or Vitamin B complex supplementation for 12 weeks. Your vitamin D levels are also low. The treatment is Vitamin D capsules 60000 IU every Sunday for 12 ...  Read Full »

Why is there a feeling of windpipe compression in a pregnant patient?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had some problems with swallowing for about a year. At first, it was happening with solid food and only from time to time. Then it started to appear more often. I have seen GP about that and they advised me to see a psychologist in case it was due to anxiety because it was not ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are happy to help you. I understand your situation and the worries the problem might be causing to you, that too when you are pregnant. With the symptoms you have described, and with the doctor's repeated reassurances to you, I feel there may not be any super si...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Multinodular Goitre? We have medical experts to help you right away.