Pica

Related Terms: Treatment Of Acne, Acne, Management Of Acne Scars, Mri Of Brain, Pimples, Stress, Depression, Diclofenac

How to come out of eating non-food items?
Query: Hello doctor, I fairly often ingest such things as paper, rubber bands, fingernails, scabs or dead skin, string, grass, small amounts of wood, certain rubbers and plastics. Although I do not have cravings for non-food items or ingest them in large amounts. I do not eat dirt, rocks, metal or toug...  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your disorder. Yes, you are suffering from pica, disorder of eating non-food items with no nutritive value. You understand that this is a bad habit and still you chew all these unwanted materials. In near future you would develop some infections insid...  Read Full »

Is chewing sponge an indication of any deficiency in a child?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter, who is 11 years old, is found to chew sponge. She will not swallow but used to chew it. Could it be due to any deficiency? Otherwise, she is normal and healthy. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 11 year old child chewing sponge could be due to two possible reasons which are as follows.This could be a habitual thing. It has been noticed in some children that they have a habit of chewing things, lip-smacking, making noisy sounds during breathing, etc. For these hab...  Read Full »

Is dizziness a side effect of tablet Levera?
Query: Hello doctor, Two years back, I had a left PICA Aneurysm (Posterior Inferior Cerebellar Artery), for which it was coiled. Since then, I am taking tablet Levipil. Right now, I am taking tablet Levera XR 750 mg once daily. Sometimes, when I sit for a long time that too only when I use the Indian styl...  Read Full »
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dizziness that you are having is a very normal phenomenon, which occurs in a large number of normal individuals. It may happen while standing from sitting position, because of a relatively low cerebral perfusion (blood supply to the brain) for a few seconds. It is durin...  Read Full »

Iron-Deficiency Anemia - Its Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Article Overview: Iron-deficiency anemia is a global burden over the communities, and it is prevalent everywhere. This article discusses the clinical features, causes, diagnosis, and treatment of iron-deficiency anemia.  Read Article »
Hematologist

Clinical Features: Most of the patients will present with fatigue, tiredness, and dizziness. If anemia is severe, then breathlessness (dyspnea) is also present. Patient's working capacity is restricted, and palpitation can be present. If iron-deficiency anemia is present from early life (from six ...  Read Article »

Will eating raw rice result in low hemoglobin?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from low hemoglobin levels. I have attached my laboratory test report. I have a habit of eating raw rice, which I am suspecting as the reason for this low count. Kindly have a look and prescribe medicines to increase my hemoglobin levels. I am currently taking Orofer XT one...  Read Full »
Dr. Chaithanya R
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think that the raw rice is causing this problem, but you are anemic. You can continue Orofer XT at daily one tablet for three months without missing. Stop taking raw rice. I suggest Albendazole 400 mg one tablet a day as this can kill any worms. Consult your ...  Read Full »

Is there any finding in my MRI regarding ice pick headaches?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been having ice pick headaches. Hence, I went for an MRI scan and regular blood tests. Now, I am wondering whether my report is normal. Can you please guide me? Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The attached MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) showed normal findings. There are many pictures which have not been attached. However, I wish to have a look at the complete set of pictures for an accurate interpretation of your MRI scan brain imag...  Read Full »

How can I avoid scarring during recovery from a plica removal surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a plica removal surgery six days ago. How do I ensure a good recovery, without scarring inside the knee? How much can I and how much should I exercise in this knee, and how?  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plica is a tissue that remains behind when the knee joint is formed (from multiple small pockets). In some, it may be a very tough structure and cause rubbing when the knee bends. Once excised it will not grow back and movements will not make this worse. You are allo...  Read Full »

Does my mother need angiogram based on the ECG reports?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 50 years old and she is suffering from heart diseases. Her ECG show sinus tachycardia 99 biatrial enlargement qrs area, p80 ms0, 15v1 and 0.30v2, LDS l abnormal, r wave progression early transition, qrs area 0 in v2 lvh with secondary repolarization abnormality multi, lvh...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you take a pic of ECG and upload. Whatever you have mentioned is machine generated report and frequently inaccurate. This is not suitable for opinion. However, from the mentioned report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that ECG h...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for homogenous hemianopia due to stroke?
Query: Hello doctor,My father aged 54 years had PCA infarction (stroke) two years back. He is suffering from homogenous (right) hemianopia. Is there any treatment for this? Please suggest me.  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How has the hemianopia fared over these two years? Is it increasing or decreasing? PCA (posterior cerebral artery) is one of the arteries supplying the visual pathway and its lesions usually cause visual field defects. Most of the defects will improve over time as and w...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms point toward ARVC?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 25 years old,male,had PSVT and did an RFA surgery two months back,caught a VT during Holter recently,UCG clear,MRI says left ventricular septum thickening about 20 percent. The local doctor thinks it is a viral myocardity,another doctor that I know says he saw of QRS and h...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, the possibility of ARVC (arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy) is less. MRI or echo would pick changes in the right ventricle. I guess right ventricle is normal on echo and MRI so unlikely to be ARVC. Next thing, you mentioned about thickening of...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pica? We have medical experts to help you right away.