Sebaceous Cyst

Related Terms: Surgical Excision Of Sebaceous Cyst, Acne, Molluscum Contagiosum, Acne Vulgaris, Laser, Lipomas, Management Of Acne

What are the complications of surgical removal of sebaceous cyst?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 52 years old and she has a painless sebaceous cyst at the back of her head. She has been advised surgical excision. Is it safe? Are there any complications? Will her hair grow back?  Read Full »
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sebaceous cyst on the scalp is very common.There are no complications in relation to the surgical excision. Regarding the hair growth, yes it does grow back because hair follicles are not damaged. Only the operative site will be shaved. Some plastic surgeons...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for sebaceous cyst?
Query: Hi doctor, I have sebaceous cyst in my face near cheeks. It is painless and about 0.5 cm in size. It looks awkward in my face. I need to remove it. Please suggest me the best treatment for the same.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Best treatment would be lasering the cyst and manually removing the capsule, so that it does not recur again. Debridement of the fat is also vital to achieve the normal contour of the cheek. For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq...  Read Full »

These two small bumps suddenly turned big. Is this a sebaceous cyst?
Query: Hello doctor,I spoke to a dermatologist on here. I had two small bumps about 2 to 3 mm in size ever since I was younger and I am confident it is not a sexually transmitted disease. They were on the tip of the foreskin of the penis. Just two days ago, they started getting big. It never bothered me be...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have pain or fever? Yes, it definitely looks like a sebaceous cyst. You should take antibiotics as prescribed. When infection and inflammation subsides you will require gett...  Read Full »

How can the little bump on my upper lip corner be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a little bump on the upper lip corner which is like a small pimple for about eight to 10 months. It has been painless until over the past few days where there is a mild vague pain around the area. Please suggest if it is something that I need to be worried about?  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sebaceous cyst or a hypertrophic Fordyce spot or trichoepithelioma. A physical and histopathological examination is required to confirm the diagnosis and a surgical excision is the only treatment of choice.  Good thing is that most of them are benign...  Read Full »

What causes pimple on the penis skin?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My question is I can feel a very small hard pimple under the penis skin. When I get erection and press it, I feel a little pain. What is that? I cannot figure it out. Is it a pimple or something else? Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are most likely dealing with a sebaceous cyst. They are similar to pimple. A sebaceous gland is a microscopic gland in the skin which secretes a waxy liquid known as sebum. It opens on the skin via an opening known as a punctum. When the opening gets blocked, th...  Read Full »

What is causing burning sensation while urination and tired eyes?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a black male. I have a burning sensation when urinating and my eyes feel tired and a bit watery from time to time. I have itching between my anus and my scrotum. Recently, I have noticed a dark black mark on my penis shaft just below the crown of my penis and about a month ago, I...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hard nodule bursting on your buttocks was an infected sebaceous cyst. If recurrent on the same spot, you may need a small surgery of cyst excision. For eyes, get refractive error checked and if needed specs. Burning urination is with poor flow, straining of urine? H...  Read Full »

Can a lump on the head be treated with medication?
Query: Hello doctor, My mom aged 52 years has got a small lump on her head three years back. Although it was not causing any pain, she is just curious to know if it can get treated by medication. She felt that its size increased slightly, but she does not prefer surgery. For your information, the present ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Most likely, the diagnosis is a sebaceous cyst. It is spontaneous, which means it has no obvious cause. And in most cases, it is painless. Sometimes, it increases in size. As you know, the best treatment for this is excision through sur...  Read Full »

What can the open sore on head be?
Query: Hello doctor, My husband has an open sore on his head. It is the size of a softball with redness under it and it is causing a shocking pain into his ear. It is swollen and has caused soreness in his neck and swollen adenoids. It looks like it has mucus or pus, which is trying to come out, but nothi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It just appears (attachment removed to protect patient identity) to be an infected sebaceous cyst that is infected now. I see you have tried to drain it. It should be seen by a physician ideally either in an urgent care or dermatologist or by a surgeon as soon as possi...  Read Full »

What Could A Hard But Painless Bump On Vagina Be?
Query: Dear doctor, I have noticed a lump the size of a grape on the outer left side of my clitoral hood; that was not there during the last two or three days. It is painless, hard, no irritation or color change, no strange or closed discharge. But it is huge and getting bigger every day. Any general idea...  Read Full »
Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending on your description, there could be few possibilities: Paraurethral gland swelling. Lipoma. Fibroma. Sebaceous cyst. Since it has been around for only a few days and not sore, I think it is just a retention cyst. Any gland around that place whose duct...  Read Full »

What is the painless white blister on the scrotum?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a white blister on the scrotum for the past one year which is painless.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. With your descriptions, it seems you have developed a sebaceous cyst. Please get a review with pictures for better evaluation and the best possible treatment for your concerns.  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sebaceous Cyst? We have medical experts to help you right away.