Serum Electrolyte Level

Related Terms: Anxiety, Fluid And Electrolyte Imbalance, ECG, Hba1c, Tachycardia, Tsh Level, Diabetes

Why am I having cramps all over the body?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a severe headache on the right side and on the back side of the right ear. Also same time, I am having teeth clattering with cramps all over the body. Why is this happening?  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your age? Any past or family medical history? Any surgical history? Any history of medication? Any history of allergic reactions? Any toothache? Please get the following investigations done: Complete hemogram. Blood sugar levels. Blood pressure...  Read Full »

Is it possible that anxiety causes episodes of bradycardia?
Query: Hello Doctor,   Is it possible that anxiety causes episodes of bradycardia?  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com The answer is definitely NO which means anxiety in pure form does not cause bradycardia since anxiety is associated with increased adrenergic activity. But bradycardia can be found in a person with anxiety disorder because of other factors: If you are taking beta-bloc...  Read Full »

I feel a sudden change in heartbeat. Will Potassium tablet help?
Query: Hi doctor, Can a normal person take Potassium Chloride (99 mg) tablet for good working of the heart? I sometimes feel a sudden change in my heartbeat. Will this tablet help to rectify that? What are the side effects of the above mentioned tablet? I have started taking it just three days before and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, Potassium chloride should not be taken without measuring serum potassium levels on daily or alternate day basis. Potassium is a highly toxic electrolyte component of blood. The increased level of potassium can cause skipped beats. It can cause palpitation and after a ...  Read Full »

When I stand up quickly, my heart rate jumps. How to fix it?
Query: Hi doctor,  I am a 26 year old healthy male. My height is 178 cm and weight is 73 kg. I do exercise regularly and I am healthy too. I have recently visited a cardiologist and done a cycloergometric test (Bruce stage 4 protocol). During the test my blood pressure remained normal but my heart rate ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have worked through your query and understand your health issues. I assure you not to worry as you have consulted the appropriate expert physician who will take care all of your medical concerns. Your body mass index looks normal for this age. Thanks for attaching ...  Read Full »

Please compare my recent reports with last month's.
Query: Hello doctor,I went to the doctor for a physical on 8th. I had blood work done. I went to the ER recently because I was feeling dizzy and tingling. The doctor said I have vertigo and they were not sure of the tingling. I received my blood work from my ER visit and I compared it to my annual exam. Be...  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You say you are having vertigo and tingling and taking Synthroid. This makes me think about thyroid issues. So, a thyroid function test should be done. Furthermore, check your blood electrolytes and run urine analysis, and check blood suga...  Read Full »

My constant jaw clicking is becoming a nuisance. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female, and I have been experiencing a lot of jaw clicking constantly throughout the day, for the past five months. It is only located on the right side of my face. It is not painful, but after consecutive months of constant jaw clicking, it has become a nuisance. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your complaint, I guess you should monitor your electrolyte and mineral levels. If it is due to muscle twitching, the cause can be either neurological or due to low levels of calcium or other minerals. If there is a bone clicking in the jaw, which gives a cre...  Read Full »

My leg muscles are very sore after I started playing sports. Can you help?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been playing volleyball, basketball, and athletics for around two weeks, but my leg muscles are still sore. Standing in the same position gives some relief. When someone touches my legs even softly, they ache hard. It is paining around my ankles and knees mainly. With this thin...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for muscle cramps and leg pain is either dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities such as abnormally low levels of magnesium, calcium, sodium, or potassium. Without doing blood work, it is hard to say exactly but I would recommend drinking more w...  Read Full »

I need a treatment plan for hydronephrotic kidney with PUJ obstruction.
Query: Hello doctor,My mother has a hydronephrotic kidney with PUJ obstruction. She also has a history of recurrent and severe UTI. I need an expert advice and treatment plan.  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If possible, send all the reports with images. I need to know the severity of hydronephrosis. What is the present creatinine level? What is her age? Only after seeing the above reports, I can suggest a treatment plan. She may require surgery. For more information cons...  Read Full »

Can delirium be caused by fasting and lack of sleep?
Query: Hello doctor, Can delirium be caused by fasting and lack of sleep? My 25-year-old daughter is delirious. She does not know who she is, thinks she was in a coma, etc. Hospital ran blood and urine test and a cat scan, all were normal. No new medications. I thought it has to be something physical beca...  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Jauhari
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answer to your query is yes. Prolonged fasting and no sleep can cause mental and physical symptoms similar to mania or delirium or coma. It would have been helpful if serum electrolytes, catecholamine levels, and urea levels were recorded or mentioned because BP is ...  Read Full »

How can I increase my flexibility?
Query: Hello doctor, 3 to 4 years ago, I remember myself being very flexible, but now I am not. I play hockey five days a week and I am very active. Legs are not flexible and suffer from cramp a lot. Similarly, my lower back always seems to have knots and always aches. I also suffer from shin splints a lo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are playing a very active game that requires stamina as well as muscle strength. You need to check your thyroid profile, calcium level, 25 (OH) vitamin D level, serum electrolytes, etc., to comment further. If no specific cause is found, then you should take a high ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Serum Electrolyte Level? We have medical experts to help you right away.