Sleep Deprivation

Related Terms: Lack Of Sleep, Sleep Hygeine, Sleep Disturbances, Insomnia, Sleep Disorder, Headache, Clonazepam

Will sleep deprivation cause any permanent changes in brain?
Query: Hi doctor, I do not used to sleep a lot from early age. Daily to the maximum I will sleep for 6-7 hours. Now, these days I find scary researches about how sleep deprivation can damage brain permanently. I want to know whether my condition too is also related to sleep deprivation. Will it cause any p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the research has gained a lot of attention and we do consider the facts. But, what has been done cannot be reversed. However, if we go with clinical experience, usually people who modify back there lifestyle do not get any ill effects in life. In fact, I would advic...  Read Full »

Is there anything I can do about decompensated heterophoria?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had binocular, horizontal esotropia for two years now, worse on distant gaze. My ophthalmologist diagnosed it to be decompensated heterophoria. Is there anything I can do about it? I spend a lot of time writing and reading on my computer, could that make it worse?  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Decompensated heterophoria, can result from a variety of decompensating factors. The most notable few are: Refractive error. Recent fever or stressful events like dieting or sleep deprivation. Refractive errors are easy to detect and correct. You can do a simple ...  Read Full »

How to tackle depression until I meet my psychiatrist?
Query: Hi doctor,I have chronic depression as a result of trauma and abuse. I was taking Wellbutrin. I changed my job and moved to a new place. So, I ran out of the medication. Now, I am experiencing lethargy, fatigue and loss of interest. I am a bit concerned. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is quite obviously appears to be the re-emergence of depression due to stoppage of medications. It should ideally be treated by reinstitution of the medicines. If that is not possible, then certain temporary measures can be used. Sleep deprivation is s...  Read Full »

I am experiencing headaches due to light sensitivity. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. For the past three months, I have been experiencing daily headaches, intermittent dizziness and vertigo, tinnitus and light sensitivity. I have received a diagnosis of a vestibular migraine and my neurologist reports down beating nystagmus while using Frenzel go...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Your symptoms are suggestive of a migraine only. The new symptom that you have noticed also is in favor of a migraine headache. In such case, I would recommend you not to worry as all your investigations are within normal limits. Migraine headac...  Read Full »

Why are my arm muscles shaking?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I work as a software engineer. Over few days, suddenly my arm muscles are shaking for a few seconds and it will be normal after sometime. Also sometimes, I am not feeling well. Are these the symptoms of diabetes or any other health issues?  Read Full »
Dr. Shardendu Tomar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all thanks for the questions and for showing trust on us. Such sudden shaking for few seconds could be termed as tremors. Such tremors are in most of the cases normal and self-limiting. They do not indicate any major health issue. But, sometimes if such tremors...  Read Full »

Why does my left eye seem to go inward?
Query: Hello doctor, I guess my husband has seen my left eye goes inward a lot and I can also notice it now. What could this be? I am worried about it.  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com From your description, I can say that you are suffering from esotropia (an inward deviation of eyes). And from the fact that your husband had to notice it, tells me that you do not have any other problems like double vision. So you may be suffering from accommodative eso...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have high BP at the time of headache?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 75 kg. For two weeks, I have been having a lot of gas and burping without any other discomfort. Due to my tough work schedule in the last week I slept only 3 to 4 hours every day. Now from the last four days, I am feeling pressure a...  Read Full »
Dr. Talal Hussain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your problem and must say that it is quite a common complaint to my clinic. Here you must understand is that the hormones in our bodies have a lot of important functions including like sleep, mental well being, ability to fight infection, digestion, etc....  Read Full »

Can complex partial seizures be cured?
Query: Hello doctor, Recently my neurologist diagnosed me with complex partial seizure. However, after taking two different medications and increase in doses has not helped. So here is my story: several years back I had been going through an extreme amount of stress. I had some migraines: occasional ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the description of these episodes, I agree with your doctor that these episodes seem to be related to complex partial seizures. I would like to directly review your EEG (electroencephalogram) reports if you can upload it. A normal EEG is not surprising...  Read Full »

Seizures in a young female. Is it catamenial epilepsy?
Query: Hello doctor, My 26-year-old wife got her first seizure one year ago and she gets the seizure once every month or two although all her checkups are fine with no sign of epilepsy. The doctor put her on Keppra 500 mg and she still gets her seizures and complains a lot of side effects. I am ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that the catamenial epilepsy is a very specific type of epilepsy where a seizure occur every month at the same time closely related to the menstrual cycle. This type of epilepsy is usually refractory to many epileptic drugs. ...  Read Full »

Acne - Causes, Types, Home Remedies and Treatment Strategy
Article Overview: Acne is a very common condition encountered among teens and adults. To decide the protocol for the treatment of acne, it is important for us to know the causes, conditions associated, sites of acne, the cause of acne and factors affecting the onset of acne. Many home remedies are helpful in treating acne. Mild and moderate acne can be treated with medication and severe acne with other treatment procedures. Prevention is more important than cure.  Read Article »
Dr. Archana

Acne is a very common skin condition. It commonly starts during puberty but can occur at any age. Although it is not a dangerous condition, acne can leave scars on the skin. Acne appears in different parts of the body like face, chest, and back. Acne affects almost all teenagers in different severit ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Sleep Deprivation? We have medical experts to help you right away.