Strenuous Exercise

Related Terms: Exercises, Lifestyle Modification, Low Salt Diet, Reduce Weight, Coronary Artery Disease, Anxiety, Lack Of Sleep, Protein Rich Diet

Should I stop weight training after laser eye surgery?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been doing weight training for six months but recently my eye specialist told me to not lift heavy weights because I had laser treatment for retinal holes three years ago. So, should I stop weight training completely or should I drop the weights? Currently, I am doing deadlifts a...  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no limit of weight lifting as such. But usually heavy weight lifting or strenuous exercise is banned if there are untreated breaks. If breaks are secured with a sufficient laser that usually takes 1 to 2 weeks for maximum effect. But there is always a risk of n...  Read Full »

Why have I not got my periods yet?
Query: Hello doctor,I am having a concern. I was supposed to have my periods a week back but so far I just received a brownish discharge like old blood but it is just spotting. When I take a bath it is as if I just finished my periods. I have a pain in my lower back like period pain but I have not started ...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you on any hormonal medications or started or quit any medications? Check for the following factors: Strenuous exercise Hormonal imbalance. Strict diet. Illness. Hypo or hyperthyroidism. Stress, anxiety, lower and higher BMI (body mass index). If you have...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in the chest and arm though all the reports are normal?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a lot of chest pain and arm pain for the last few months. Especially my underarm and sides of the chest, and under chest worsens when pressed. All my reports are clear (blood and urine test, barium swallow, neck sonography, ECG, chest and arm X-ray). Though arm X-ray had slight ca...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned, most likely you have musculoskeletal pain. Which may be due to trauma or strenuous exercise. Please provide me with a chest X-ray in order to exclude other serious diseases. Musculoskeletal pain is characterised with pain with inspiratio...  Read Full »

I am two days late after I took Plan B. Is this normal?
Query: Hello doctor,I track my cycles. About five days after I was supposed to be finished ovulating, I had unprotected sex and took Plan-B the day after. I got my period when expected, but it only lasted four days (usually it lasts seven). Now my next period was supposed to come but I am two days late. Is...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your body clock has been really timed and punctual. Sometimes, due to few reasons like stress, anxiety, hormonal imbalance, strenuous exercise, strict dieting, etc., periods can be delayed. As I mentioned, the hormones affect the periods. As for delaying periods, an...  Read Full »

Is my bleeding due to periods or implantation?
Query: Hello doctor,I had my period 15 days after my previous one. Normally, my periods are irregular, they are 10 to 15 days late or sometimes early, but not 15 days after the old one. Is it normal? I did not have sex but was close with my fiance just two days after my previous periods. His penis was on m...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described your history that irregular periods are already there. You are a teenager as well could have some irregularities in cycles as the phase of development but continuous irregular cycles need to be investigated actually. Strict diet, strenuous exercise...  Read Full »

Hypothyroid patient. Suggest any pre-workout supplement other than Nitrous Oxide.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have hypothyroidism. My TSH level is higher than the normal range. T3 and T4 are fine. I go to the gym regularly and like to lift heavy weights. I am taking pre-workout supplement - Nitrous Oxide. I heard that this is not good for me but I want to take some pre-workout supplement. Wha...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is a very good question.You are right. The supplements which you are taking are not good for you when you have hypothyroidism. It can have adverse effects in the long run. I understand you require a pre-workout supplement for the strenuous exercise you do. WHEY PROTE...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for frequent urination and excessive thirst?
Query: Hello doctor, My weight is 90 kg and height is 181 cm. I am a fighter by profession. Four days ago, after finishing three hours of outdoor training, I had severe lower flank pain on both sides. Since then, I am having frequent urination at an average of four times at night and 15 times during the d...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that you are worried about your health and the urinary system issues. It may be urinary tract infection or fluid and electrolytes imbalances. In both these conditions, we can see such symptoms. It is good to continue having plenty of fluids. Do not perfor...  Read Full »

After hernia surgery, can I lift heavy weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old. My doctor said that I have an umbilical hernia. Either open surgery or laparoscopy, which would be the best? After which surgery, can I lift heavy weights? I am a sports person and a bodybuilder. Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Abhishek Dixit
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your cardiovascular status that is heart and lung functions are fine, then you can go for laparoscopic surgery. That is cosmetically better and less invasive. The scar will be much bigger in open, so chances of scar rupture and dehiscence are higher in open. The pos...  Read Full »

I am 10 days late on menstrual cycle but negative for pregnancy. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I have bloated sore breasts, 10 days late on the menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, appendectomy on the 20th.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Near menses or missed periods can give signs of bloated breasts, the fullness of abdomen, mood variations due to hormones. Have serum beta hCG (blood pregnancy test) to clear the status of pregnancy. If pregnancy test comes negative, you can have menstrual induction by...  Read Full »

Why is my CK value out of range?
Query: Hi doctor, I really have long term pain now for almost three years. It is mostly in the legs and arms. It sometimes gives me heat on the skin and it pains. It is so sensitive even when you pour on water. I visited several specialists in my country and had several tests and finally they used to say t...  Read Full »
Dr. Shardendu Tomar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As the values of CK (creatine kinase) are elevated in your case, it should be further investigated that why these values are elevated. You have not mentioned the result but I am guessing that the CK is elevated. If not then you can correct me later. CK is increased in dif...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Strenuous Exercise? We have medical experts to help you right away.