Stress In Children

Related Terms: Depression, Stress, Anxiety, Psychological Counselling, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Escitalopram, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?
Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »
Dr. Shubham Mehta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Great amount of stress in children does affect brain development. As the brain develops till the age of 18 years, stress can affect the development. Stress can, in general, affect the functioning of the body, hormonal balance, and immunity levels as well. If the str...  Read Full »

Why does my son refuse to have a sibling?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is five weeks pregnant and it is the second time. Our first kid is now 6-1/2 years old. He is totally refusing to have a sibling. He makes statements like "I do not want a brother or a sister. We are a good family like this." He says it is not a good idea to have a baby. He d...  Read Full »
Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are describing your child is normal insecurity of the first born child. Whenever there is a second baby expected due to the constant attention which the coming baby gets, the first child gets insecure and feels unsafe as young children have a different mind...  Read Full »

Nervous Habits in Children: Homeopathic Approach
Article Overview: Nail biting, thumb sucking, nose picking, hair twirling, pulling hair and grinding teeth are some nervous habits commonly present in children. These are caused by a mental disorder. This article focuses on the homeopathy approach to the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

1. Nail Biting The other name for nail biting is onychophagia. Those who feel a compulsion to bite nails and fingertips can vary in severity from mild and occasional to persistent nail biting. Severe nail biting is a long-term problem which causes nail deformity and infections around the nailbed. ...  Read Article »

Why does my 14 year old daughter get angry over small issues?
Query: Hi doctor,My 14 year old daughter has some problems. She is unable to focus on studies, and she replies people without hearing them properly. She gets angry on small issues, and she is addicted to her smartphone. If we take it from her, then she becomes angry. On getting angry, she throws whatever s...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Upadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing as such to worry. Children of this age group usually behave like this. This is the growing period of their life. So, you try to be a friend to them. Try to know her problems, console her, and treat her like a friend. Take her out for a picnic and indu...  Read Full »

Bedwetting Homeopathy Treatment
Article Overview: Bedwetting can be cured naturally with homeopathy without disturbing the endocrine system. The treatment aims at reducing anxiety in the child which is the root cause of bedwetting.  Read Article »
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

When Does Bedwetting Become a Problem? Bedwetting is common before the age of 7 years and is not a major concern as, before the age of 7, the child does not have control over the bladder. But, if bedwetting continues after the age of 7, it is considered a problem. In that case, parents are advised ...  Read Article »

Hair Loss in Children - How to Treat It with Homeopathy?
Article Overview: Hair loss is fairly common in kids and it is easy to treat with homeopathy if the underlying cause is known. Read on to know the best approach to take.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Hair loss is an issue we usually associate with adults, but hair loss is fairly common in children as well. A majority of children (26 months or older) have hair loss problem and it can be frightening for parents. As compared to adults, it is easier to treat or grow back hair in children once the un ...  Read Article »

Students and Stress
Article Overview: The recent epidemic of student suicides is not only disheartening and unfortunate but also happens to represent the tip of the iceberg of a highly prevalent and often neglected phenomenon namely ‘student stress’.  Read Article »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Here is a brief summary of the various factors that perpetuate student stress and what each one can do in alleviating it. For Students: Before or during any examination, quite a few students tend to think around these - “What all is at stake in these exams? What if I fare badly in the ...  Read Article »

Why does my 4.3 years old son find it difficult to speak fluently?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4.3 years old. He sometimes finds it difficult to speak fluently, especially in the beginning of a sentence and when he is excited. Most of the time he speaks the entire sentence very clearly, without any difficulty. I am attaching his audio and video recording clips. Wha...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have heard the attached voice recordings (attachment removed to protect patient privacy). The child is stammering. His pronunciation is fine, but the problem is with fluency. It can be due to anxiety. The child might be afraid of performance. There can be psychological...  Read Full »

Why is my 6 year old daughter experiencing diffuse hair loss?
Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old daughter has been experiencing diffuse hair loss from the past few weeks. The hair loss is at least double than normal, in the 200 range, and it falls extremely easy from her head. It is not patchy and I can find no bald spots, her scalp looks healthy. So far, the loss is...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it appears that your child's hair loss is because of acute telogen effluvium. This is an acute condition, wherein any radical change in the health condition of the person leads to insult to the scalp hair, causing a shift in the hair cycle from the gr...  Read Full »

Scope of Homeopathy in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Article Overview: Psychological problems are commonly seen in today's world. Let us read about the role homeopathy can play in curing mental health disorders.  Read Article »
Dr. Hetal Dinesh Jariwala
Homeopathic Physician

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a common psychiatric condition that arises after an individual has witnessed or is involved in a life-threatening event such as environmental disaster, rape or violent assault. They show symptoms such as having flashbacks and behavioral disorders including in ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Stress In Children? We have medical experts to help you right away.