Mental Illness

How to help my extremely depressed and angry mom?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is extremely depressed and showing the anger towards my dad with the wrong assumptions. She is not at all listening to our words. Whenever we advise on this, she is showing abnormal anger, which is unusual. I tried to take her to a psychiatrist, but she is not ready to come. She ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all we need to establish whether she is really suffering from depression or any other mental illness. It is quite common to label all mental illnesses as depression. We diagnose a person as a patient of depression if the following symptoms are present for most of...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take antipsychotic as a precaution?

Query: Hello doctor, I would really like to try LSD just as a matter of curiosity, I am aware of all the risks and side effects as well as having no known history of mental illness in my family and I am a happy person with no depression or anything like that. While I believe the risk for me personally to...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have raised a very interesting query. Well done for seeking information on safety. I see that you are keen on experimenting with LSD and knowing the risks involved you want to make an informed decision. LSD trips/psychdelic experiences by using street drugs are...  Read Full »

How to break the stigma around mental health?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the stigma around mental health? Why it is there? How can people help break the stigma around mental health and what advice do you have for people who want help but stigma is keeping them from getting it?  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stigma for mental illnesses is as old as civilization itself. Persons having mental illnesses were considered as evil. Mental illnesses were thought to be due to past life sins. A person having any kind of mental illness whether neurotic or psychotic was considered a...  Read Full »

I am negative about myself and future. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am asking for help to identify what is the things happen on me. I wonder If I am normal or have any mental illness or something else. It has been along time that I start being very negative person. I am so negative about myself, my future and everything almost every single day. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your courage to share and seek for help. It seems that you are experiencing self-esteem issues due to being body-shamed and other stressors and challenges of life. That is why gradually you are becoming withdrawal from your friends and social activities....  Read Full »

Why do I blush when I get too much attention?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and I have been having big problems with making friends since I was 7. I go to school and I do not talk at all (only if someone or teacher asks me something). I just cannot find any topics to talk to people and the worst is that I do not know what should I say back w...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, this is not a serious mental issue. Just remain relaxed. You have social anxiety most likely and this anxiety is resulting in symptoms like blushing when you are getting attention, difficulty in making friends, etc. This is social anxiety and a lot of i...  Read Full »

Diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Could you please answer a few questions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing research regarding diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Please answer a few questions of mine. What routine medical examinations apart from MMSE and history would you conduct? By this I mean standard routine blood investigations plus other investigations. What clini...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your queries and shall answer accordingly. Keep in mind that standard procedures for management may differ in different countries. Answers for your questions: In blood investigations we usually go for complete blood count (CBC), liver function tests (LFT)...  Read Full »

What can be done for lack of concentration and negative thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, My child is 18 years old and has been preparing for the entrance exam for the past one year. He did well in some of the topics he covered but four months back, he got some negative thoughts and started complaining about less concentration. He became excited, irritated and got disturbe...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite common for 18-year-olds to become stressed when preparing for school final and college entrance examinations. With appropriate care and encouragement, you can support your child to handle to stress appropriately. Kindly do not put too much pressure on him...  Read Full »

I got pregnant outside marriage and feel ashamed. How can I deal with this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pregnant without being married. My boyfriend cheated me. I cannot contact him as he blocked me. I feel so ashamed to see my family. Until now, I never told them that I am pregnant. I want to die. I am mentally disturbed. What should I do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not need to die. Be bold and confident. Take a decision for your pregnancy/child. If you are not enough ready to take responsibility of your child, then go for medical abortion. You do not need to ask anyone for it. Take an appointment with your gynecologist. ...  Read Full »

I married my first cousin. Will my child be affected genetically?

Query: Hi doctor, I have married my first cousin, daughter of my maternal uncle. I would like to know, will there be any genetic issue¬†with our future kid. What are the things we need to take care off? Do we need to take any test? Could you please give some guidance on this. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your situation. Genetic disorders are more likely in such marriages. I am not trying to scare you but if there is any familial disease in your family it would be good to get it checked in early pregnancy. Any autoimmune disease like rheumatoid arthritis, any ...  Read Full »

Is a desire to have a mental illness a disorder by itself?

Query: Hello doctor, I have something which affects me a lot. Basically, I desire to have a mental illness, I have been even faking certain symptoms. To be exact, I do actually have mental health problems, I am diagnosed with Asperger’s, bipolar disorder and OCD. However, I have a feeling I am not i...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you are aware and trying to take the help of a psychiatrist. You are suffering from borderline personality disorder. You like to take attention from people. You want to be pampered by your family and that is why you are looking for such an illness or...  Read Full »