Redness Around Anus

What causes the skin around a baby's anus to turn red?

Query: Hi doctor,I am the mother of a two months old baby boy. Last week I have noticed that my baby’s butthole and its surrounding area has turned red in color. I have been using pampers on a daily basis, but I have always made it a point to change the diapers within four hours time. I have been using r...  Read Full »

Dr. Samreen A Urooj

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need to worry. I have gone through the pictures of your baby (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, answering your first question, sometimes rashes appear due to dryness or lack of care. So, you can apply vaseline or Polyfax (Polymyx...  Read Full »

Why has my baby developed a red ring around the anus?

Query: Hello doctor, This is for my 22 days old baby girl. In the last 2 days she has developed some red coloured rash in the area surrounding the anus area. She feels irritated while passing stools. I have attached the picture of the same. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Gunda

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is called diaper rash, commonly called the nappy rash. If no loose stools are happening at present, this is a nappy rash. This is common in infants who wear diapers for daily use and without...  Read Full »

Our 2 months old baby poops all the time. Please suggest some medicine.

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago, my wife delivered a baby boy. 10 days before, we brought the baby home from my wife's place. Since then, he poops all the time and it is mostly mucus-like with a little odor and watery. I guess there is some fungal infection around the baby's anus. We went to the doctor a...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be very worried and I think this is your first child, which is why all the worry is taking place. Here are certain things you should know about children under the age of 6 months. Slight coughing, sneezing, gurr gurr noises from the chest that does not impair...  Read Full »

I am suffering from piles and infection around the anus. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from piles from nearly about a year. Suddenly yesterday, I felt pain around my anus, and I had 101 F fever. I saw that there is an infection around my anus.  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. What do you mean to say by piles? Is it painless bright red blood in stools? How do you know it is an infection? Do you have constipation? For an advice specific to your problem, please upload the past medical records and a detailed evolution of your sympto...  Read Full »