Side Effects Of Steroids

Can you get addicted to 60 mg of Prednisolone if taken once a day for a month?

Query: Is there a risk of becoming addicted to 60mg of prednisolone (prescribed to anti-inflammatory purposes) once a day for a month? - I've already been prescribed this medicine, I'm not asking for a prescription. My doctor hasn't mentioned anything about becoming addicted and I didn't ask when I was in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kapil Gupta

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq. The dosage of prednisolone prescribed to you must be according to your body weight which is usually 1 Mg per kg or in same cases the physician may prescribe an even higher dosage depending on the underlying disease. The body definitely gets used to (addicted) long term s...  Read Full »

Will regular intake of Omnacortil and Wysolone likely to cause obesity?

Query: Hello doctor, What are the side effects of Omnacortil and Wysolone tablets? I am having it either of them 10 mg regularly from the last year for redness in the eye and now I am having obesity problems. I feel that I should avoid it and need an alternative without having any side effects. Please sug...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said you are having a problem with eye allergy. You were prescribed steroid tablets that are Omnacortil or Wysolone. But it is not good to take steroids for a longer duration. But if it is required as in your case, you must follow your doctor's advice. As you ...  Read Full »

Is cracked foreskin a side effect of steroid cream?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffered from the worst case of Tinea cruris. I was on medication for almost six months and now it has cured completely. But, I am facing problems with my foreskin. Every now and then I have cuts and cracks when I pull the foreskin back. Also, when the foreskin is too dry it is having s...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your foreskin appears to be healthy (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and deserves to be saved. The coconut oil application is a very good way for that. Apply Clobetasol ointment twice a day after bath and evening and retract your foreskin multiple times du...  Read Full »

My glans became white after the use of Cortisone cream. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old with 60 kg, and 1.79 cm. My problem started as red skin on my glans, and the dermatologist told me to use Cortisone cream for two weeks, after that, my penis as had an inflammation, because I used Cortisone cream on my glans. (Now the inflammation is finished) but m...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked your image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) if you have itching need to think of fungal infection. If no itching it can be PPP (pearly penile papules). Please share a clear image as it is blurred. 1. Do you have pain? 2. Did you have recen...  Read Full »

Why do I become very dark if I stop using Clobetamil G cream?

Query: Hello doctor, I am using Clobetamil G cream since four years. But I did not get any irritations or side effects. But, if I stop using that cream I become very dark. If I consult a doctor, there is no use but if I use that cream again I will become very fair. Maybe my skin is addicted to this cream. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Clobetamil (Clobetasol and Gentamycin) is a strong topical corticosteroid cream, it is not a fairness cream. Clobetamil makes your skin very thin. That is why you feel you are getting fair. Thinning of skin makes it more sensitive to sunlight. Clobetamil is useful for ...  Read Full »

Do steroids make you more sexually active?

Query: Hi doctor, What is the effect of sex for an athlete? Does sex cause any bad side effects while taking steroids? Because it is said that having sex is not good while taking a steroid cycle as if it will decrease the gains from the steroid. What is the effect of sex on the body generally?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sex has no ill effect on your body. It is one kind of exercise and stress reliever. It releases endorphins and oxytocin in your body which reduces stress, boosts immunity, relieves pain and enhances mood. Sex increases heart rate, blood pressure, etc., and you might feel...  Read Full »

What is steroid-induced rosacea?

Query: Hello doctor,I wanted to ask that what is the difference between steroid induced rosacea and normal rosacea?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A steroid is a medicine used for many dermatological conditions, available in various concentrations and potency. When potent steroids are used on face, it makes the skin thin (atrophy), making it more sensitive. It also makes the tiny blood vessels within the skin ...  Read Full »

My eyesight is getting worse due to pain in the corner of my left eye. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I have pain in the corner of my left eye for the past one year. I went to the doctor, and he gave me Sterdex. I used it and felt better. My pain went away. After a few months, I started to have pain, but it was not so severe as the first time. I wear glasses and lenses...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Minimize the use of steroids as much as possible to avoid side effects such as an increase in eye pressure leading to glaucoma. Both Sterdex (Dexamethasone) and Chibro are steroids. They may relieve your symptoms in the short run but may harm your eyes if used for long ...  Read Full »

My glans penis seems to get a wrinkle after using Lobate cream. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a little tiny pimple on my penis glans it vanishes when I use on ointment Lobate GM, and my glan skin seems to get a wrinkle, and it is not smooth anymore. I do not know what to do? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shreyansh Talesra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lobate gm (Clobetasol, Miconazole, Neomycin) cream contains a steroid, and because of continuous application, your skin gets thinner. I hope there are no pimples at present on your glans. If you have pimples or any rash, then you should consult a dermatologist. Apply...  Read Full »

How can central serous chorioretinopathy be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with central serous chorioretinopathy. What can I do to improve or cure or prevent reoccurrence? In terms of food, medicines, habits, etc.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Central serous retinopathy is a multifactorial disease. A few modifiable causes of CSR are: 1. Type A personality- a rolling stone, always on the move and stressed out person. 2. Steroid use- can be anything from prescription drugs to herbal medication know to reduce a...  Read Full »