Common "Std Test" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Std Test

STD test, also known as sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing, is a medical procedure that checks for any sexually transmitted diseases in the body. It typically involves a physical examination and laboratory tests, such as blood, urine, or swab samples, to detect the presence of STIs such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, and HIV. Early detection and treatment of STIs can prevent long-term health complications and the spread of infections to others. It is recommended that sexually active individuals get tested regularly, especially if they have multiple sexual partners or engage in unprotected sex.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am pregnant. Kindly suggest tests and treatments for STIs.

Query: Hello doctor, I am really scared and unsure about what is happening with my health, and I need your help. I recently found out that I am pregnant, and I am afraid I might have contracted a sexually transmitted infection that could affect my baby. I have been experiencing a fever, a sore throat, and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Khushbu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understood your concern. I understand your concerns about the potential impact of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) during pregnancy, and your commitment to safeguarding your baby's health is admirable. If you are experiencing symptoms like ...  Read Full »

I am experiencing severe itching in my vagina. Is it due to STI?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female who recently got married and engaged in unprotected intercourse with my husband two weeks ago. Currently, I am experiencing severe itching in my vagina, and it appears red and inflamed, prompting concerns about a potential sexually transmitted issue. I would l...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understood your concern. Following unprotected intercourse, it is crucial to consider the possibility of a sexually transmitted infection (STI). The recommended tests for further evaluation include: TPHA (treponema pallidum hemagglutination). HP...  Read Full »

What are the several ways that one can contract HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I attended a strip club and while receiving a private dance, the stripper inserted her fingers into her vagina and then placed them in my mouth. I am concerned about possible exposure to an STI. I feel I have a swelling in my scrotum with some minor tenderness. There are no other sympt...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. Practically, there is no risk of transmission of any serious STI (sexually transmitted infection) at all by this activity. She inserted her finger in the vagina and just placed it in your mouth. This can theoret...  Read Full »

My girlfriend has CIN2 positive. What to do?

Query: Good evening, my girlfriend had first pap hpv and cin1 in January. I tested for stds and all came back negative except hpv, I had 35, 59 and 82 so her doctor told her not to get tested since all I had she probably has as well. Today her new pap after biopsy and laser treatment came back and now she ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

Answer: Thanks for reaching out with iCliniq. I am very sorry about your medical condition. Dont worry i am here to take care of you. Regarding your spouse symptoms, lab and diagnosis of Cin 2, she will not fet pregnant until she achieve remission for her cin 2 because of the risk of congenital malform...  Read Full »

I am worried about a penile bump and possible STI. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. Two weeks ago, I engaged in unprotected intercourse with my girlfriend for the first time, and now I am experiencing itching and a painful, soft, red bump on the head of my penis. I am worried this might be a sign of a sexually transmitted infection, including ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concerns. Kindly share a clear image of the affected area. If unprotected sex has occurred, and you suspect the possibility of an infection from your partner, I would suggest you take the following tests: TPHA (Treponema Pallidum Hemagglutination...  Read Full »

I suffer from STD and require treatment options. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a serious STI (sexually transmitted infection) and want to know the combination of pills to take for healing. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read the query, and I can understand your concern. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. If you have concerns about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and wish to get tested, there are several options available to you: 1. Visit a healthc...  Read Full »

I had nonpenetrative anal sex. Will I get HIV?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months back, my friend tried to insert my penis into his anus. He tried three times without any protection, but my penis did not get penetrated into his anus as his anal hole was tight. Then I refused to do such unsafe practice. No penetration occurred but the penis head touched his a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shah Sushma Kant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. What you experience are not the symptoms of HIV. They seem more likely to be that of an STD (sexually transmitted disease). In the case of HIV, it will not resolve after a minor treatment. I suggest you get tested for STDs. The symptom...  Read Full »

I am anxious after an encounter with a masseur. Should I get tested for HIV?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having a lot of health anxiety but wanted to ask as a few days ago I got a massage and at the end, the masseuse touched the end of my penis with her hand while I masturbated. She was fully clothed the whole time and she only touched me for a second before I moved her hand. My conce...  Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The chances of transmission of HIV by body massage are nil. Intact skin is an effective barrier to the entry of HIV (human immune virus). The chances of transmission of HIV by just touching the genital organ are also nil unless there are bleeding wounds in the hand. It ...  Read Full »

I had unprotected sex, and there was contact with semen accidentally. What are the risks of acquiring an infection?

Query: Hi doctor,I am clean and have never had unprotected sex. A man said that he was clean, and I gave him a handjob, and his cum touched my hand. He did not come into contact with my vagina, and he only touched my anus for a few seconds, and it did not slip in at all. I want to add that I bite the skin ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shah Sushma Kant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I thoroughly read your query and understand your concern. You have as such no risk, as you had touched him at anus only. As you mentioned, you had taken a quick shower, so there is nothing to worry about. You did not come in contact with blood, but as you mentioned may...  Read Full »

I am experiencing rashes post-oral sex. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, After having oral intercourse and getting into contact with a foul-smelling vaginal discharge, I acquired rashes on my hands and legs. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. V. Srikanth Reddy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. The rash resembles dry eczema (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity). How long does it take between oral sex and the appearance of rashes? The lesion, however, resembles dry eczema (a kind of allergy)...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.