Swollen Vaginal Opening

What is causing the weird symptoms in my body when I have not gotten my periods?

Query: Hello doctor,I have not gotten my periods yet, and my body shows weird symptoms. The discharge is a lot, and I have not had any intercourse rather than foreplay with my boyfriend. My vagina is swollen, and I am really worried.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Do not worry. Discharge suggests some mixed infection there.I suggest the following:1. Clean it with vaginal wash regularly.2. Put Clingen (Clindamycin and Clotrimazole) vaginal tablets inside one per day.3. Capsule Itraconazole 200 mg one per day.4. Tablet Allegra (Fexo...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause severe itchiness and swelling in the vagina?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 18 years old with a weight of 58 kilograms and a height of five feet one inch. I am questioning to know whether I have a yeast infection because I have some symptoms such as the red, swollen vagina, clumpy discharge, severe itchiness, and burning while peeing. I am having these sympto...  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. From the symptoms, you have mentioned, it looks like yeast or candidal infection which requires examination and treatment with antifungal. Hence, I would recommend visiting your health care provider for the same. To put your mind, easing ma...  Read Full »

Will there be changes in the vagina after giving birth?

Query: Hello doctor, What happens to your vagina exactly after giving birth?  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. During pregnancy, due to the effects of hormones, the lining of the vagina undergoes certain changes: for example, it becomes softer, changes a little bit of color, becomes swollen. The same continues for few months after childbirth too. Thes...  Read Full »

Why are my vaginal walls lying outward?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. My vaginal lips look wide with skin falling outside and also get dry early. Is there any reason why the vagina walls are lying outward? It is just because of sex or some hereditary issue?   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to put forth a few features or symptoms to differentiate normal from pathological labial hypertrophy or vaginal wall enlargement. If wall prolapse is painful or tender, associated with excessive vaginal discharge, especially yellow or greenish color, fo...  Read Full »

What could the cause for a swelling in the vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing swelling on the left side of my vagina (labia major). I reached out to a doctor, and he determined that he was unsure about what caused the swelling after looking at my photos and seeing it live. There is no burning, itching, or oozing. I am also taking Azelastine for p...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shared by you. Is there any rise in temperature and pain in the local area? Did you try shaving of hair? Do you do any intense exercise...  Read Full »

Why is there swelling on the sides of my vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I have swellings on the sides of my vagina, periodically. They seems to come to a normal state after some days.  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be due to allergy or due to any medicine if you are taking any. Does it have any pattern like before or after or middle of periods? Is there any pain or itching? If you are sexually active, then does it come after sex? You should check blood sugar levels with PP ...  Read Full »

My vagina is red and swollen with cottage cheese discharge after wearing of innerwear. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor,My vagina is red and swollen with cottage cheese discharge. Rashes extend to my buttocks area. All this showed up after I wore an innerwear. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem. What you describe is a classic case of yeast infection of vagina extending up to your anus. You need oral antifungal tablets weekly for three weeks alone with local antifungal ointment. The condition is very much infectious, so I suggest yo...  Read Full »

Why Does My Vaginal Opening Feel Lumpy And A Bit Swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old female. I have noticed that my vaginal opening feels lumpy and possibly a bit swollen, and I am panicking. It does not hurt, and it is not raw or itchy either. Please help me put my mind at ease.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? At this young age of 18 years, I do not see any reason for you to get tensed. The vaginal wall is full of folds called vaginal rugosity, so this may be felt as lumps, which need no treatment. As you do not have any itching or soreness, infection is ru...  Read Full »

Why does my vulva and vagina get swollen during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever I have sex, it feels like my vulva and vagina start out well lubed and with no issue but within 4 or 5 minutes they both become swollen and irritated enough that I cannot continue to have sex.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepthi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, swelling is temporary so do not worry. It may occur due to an allergy to condoms, vaginal douches, ragged intercourse, infections, and less lubrication but you said you do not have any problem with lubrication.  Read Full »