Symptoms Of Kidney Stones

How to treat a 4 mm kidney stone?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old man, 280 lbs. I have a 4 mm kidney stone that I went to the ER for on 12th last month because of the pain. The CT scan said "A 3 x 4 mm calculus is present in the proximal left ureter at the level of L3. There is mild dilation of the proximal left ureter and renal pe...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. You have a tendency to form kidney stones repeatedly. It is something that you need to get evaluated once the treatment for the present condition is complete. Regarding your present problem, a 4 mm stone will be passed out spontaneously ...  Read Full »

How can kidney stones be detected?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have got stone problem so early and since you are a recurrent kidney stone former, you need a thorough evaluation to prevent further stone episodes. You should collect the stone you pass in urine and do FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy analysis ...  Read Full »

Can you explain the conditions which cause right lower abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having mild pain in my mid and right lower abdomen region. When I press, I can feel some gas moving inside. I poked it continuously. I am also burping and passing gas. My doubts are, is the pain due to gas? Or did my constant poking worsen it? Or is it something serious like appendi...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you do not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case history and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can well understand your genuine health conc...  Read Full »

I have severe stomach pain. Please look into my reports and tell me the cause.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have a severe stomach pain on the left side. I went to the doctor and they did a USG of the whole abdomen. I am attaching the reports. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Girish C Kamat

Internal Medicine Physician, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a stone in your ureter (the tube-like structure connecting the kidneys and the urinary bladder), because of which you are getting the abdominal pain. Please consult a urologist u...  Read Full »

My CT scan done for back issues revealed a kidney stone. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, On a thoracic lumbar CT scan performed early this month, the radiologist found a 5 mm non-obstructive stone.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not worry as the kidney stone is small in size and non-obstructive. No medicines are required at all. Just drink plenty of fluids and the stone would pass easily. I hope it helps you. If you have any further queries, please ask me. For more information consul...  Read Full »

How to get rid of my kidney stone naturally?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a kidney stone of 4.4 mm at the joint of the left side kidney to the ureter. I also have a mild swelling in my left kidney, while the kidney function test is normal. My stone was not detected on the ultrasound, but it is visible in the CT Scan. I had blood in the urine 12 days ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello,  Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. The urologist's suggestion is right. The kidney swelling can lead to a further damage in the kidney. The blood in the urine was due to a friction of the stone with the kidney surface. There is no blood in the urine now either due to a mild ch...  Read Full »