Temporomandibular Dysfunction

Is ligament laxity a side effect of Sevoflurane?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old female. My height is 164 cm and weight is 48 kg. I was healthy with fine ligaments. Two years back, I had spine surgery for a herniated disk at the level of L5/S1. Soon after the operation, I got something like sleep myoclonus. The neurologist said that as benign, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Myoclonus or muscle twitching is a known side effect of Sevoflurane use, and it is not a serious concern. Sevoflurane does not cause laxity of ligaments. Very common side effects of Sevofluran...  Read Full »

Please explain if my teeth pressure and pain are due to TMJ problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I had fillings done around two months ago. Two of my teeth with fillings started to hurt three days ago. Also, I had pain in my ears. However, I also had pressure and crackling going on in my both ears. I have had issues going on with my ears for a while, I have been on a decongestant fro...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. You have mentioned that you are better after being under the medication Mucus D (pseudoephedrine). This is a nasal decongestant used for sinus infections and cold. With this, I suspect that you have got sinusiti...  Read Full »

I feel pain near my ear while opening mouth. Is it a serious problem?

Query: Hi doctor,I have pain in my face just next to my right ear while opening my mouth. My doctor told me that it is a parotid gland infection. Is it a serious problem? He gave Chymoral tablet. Is that right?  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have a swelling at the same place? Parotitis (inflammation of parotid gland) is associated with swelling and fever. Does pain increases while eating? Do you have jaw pain or clicking while eating? Then, it can be temporomandibular joint arthritis. Are you t...  Read Full »

I have ear pain when I open my mouth. What might help?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not fat, but my body gets really warm sometimes especially when I sleep, which makes me uncomfortable. So, what might be the reason?Secondly, I get pain near my left ear when I open my mouth. Three weeks ago, the pain went after four days (it started and ended when I woke up afte...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you suffering from an allergy? If the ear pain is arising during the opening of the mouth at ear area it may be arising from temporomandibular joint. Middle ear infection or eustachian tube block may also give rise to pain in the ear. But in your history, you di...  Read Full »

Vertigo and nausea with violent shaking coming from my shoulders. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 30-year-old woman. I have been having rough episodes of vertigo and nausea along with violent shaking that seems to be coming from my shoulders. I have pins and needles all the way down to my legs. I went to the ER twice because my condition suddenly and abruptly worsened. The do...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrent vertigo and nausea and associated neck pain which is radiating to shoulders and hands are suggestive of a rare form of vertigo known as cervical vertigo. Usually, the causes of cervical vertigo are acute cervical spine injury, cervical spondylosis, ce...  Read Full »