Temporomandibular Dysfunction

What causes ear pain that increases while eating?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 32 years old and I have ear pain for the past two days. I have pain around the ear and it increases while eating. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in the ears can occur due to an infection affecting the external part of the ear called otitis externa and it causes pain while moving the pinna. The pain can also occur due to infection affecting the parotid gland called parotitis and the pain increases while eati...  Read Full »

Can untreated TMJ problem be the reason for my facial asymmetry?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had some form of TMJ disorder for close to 10 years at this point. I never had any treatment for it since it never hindered or affected me in any way, aside from clicking in my jaw. However, I believe I am beginning to see the effects of letting it go untreated. I severely gri...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First and foremost, I want you to make sure you do not need any form of surgery. I have seen many cases, and trust me, you are nowhere near. Secondly, the real useful image was the last one that was cropped (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It...  Read Full »

Can temporomandibular joint problem occur as radiating pain from ear to teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I developed severe pain in my right jaw that was felt in my ear and bottom teeth. It went away. However, this pain came back and my doctor did a CT scan. Nothing really showed. However, I went to the ENT and even though the scan did not show anything major issues, he looked at the pic...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, temporomandibular joint dysfunction can be diagnosed with CT scan. As you are having severe pain in your right jaw, you can take the medication for the pain and most important is to be cautious while chewing food. I would suggest you to avoid hard food and che...  Read Full »

What can cause pain and tenderness in the jaw, teeth sensitivity, and neck pain?

Query: Hi I have been getting pain and tenderness in my jaw and face area also sensitivity in my teeth pain pressure around my head / temples on top of my scalp painful / blocked ears , clicking when I open and close my mouth and pain in my shoulders and neck mainly the front of my neck just under chin all...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, I read your concern In my opinion you might have a Temperomandibular joint issue... That could have refffered pain all over. With upper neck stability issue.. I recommend you to kindly get checked with a physiotherapist properly diagnosed and paln the treatment. As of now I recommend you to d...  Read Full »

What could cause pain in ears while moving the jaw?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had an earache for over two years. There is no pus or flaking and it is most noticeable when I move my jaw forward. Occasionally, it flares up and my jaw and teeth and whole right side of my face hurt. When I plug my nose and close my mouth and blow out to increase the pressure...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most probable cause for the symptoms is due to temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ dysfunction). The TMJ is the joint which connects your jaw to the skull and helps open and close of mouth. It has several muscles attached to it which govern its opening and clo...  Read Full »

How would Invisalign help to correct my overbite?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an overbite that no one wants to treat. I have TMJD (jaw pain, crunching, grinding, and squeaking) for which I am getting physio for but I still have the issue of the overbite. My top front teeth completely overlap my bottom and I have issues with speaking and eating.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Treating overbite is a simple procedure and very cost effective. Your local dentist will fabricate a bite plate that you need to keep on wearing as long as possible like ...  Read Full »

Will sleep apnea cause temporomandibular disorders?

Query: Hello doctor, After TMJ problem, I am not able to sleep due to sleep apnea. I also have breathlessness after jaw lock.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Sleep apnea is associated with chronic pain disorders, including jaw pain like TMD (temporomandibular disorders). If it hurts to open and close your mouth, you may have these conditions. Patients with sleep apnea are generally mouth breath...  Read Full »

Why do I have a high-pitched sound when I move the jaw up and down?

Query: I have symptoms of a high-pitched sound when I move my jaw up and down while eating, yawning and even when I turn my head sideways to the affected side as well as grinding the teeth. I also have fullness/pressure in the ear when the jaw is motionless. I have now had these symptoms for more than 6 mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhinav Raj Gupta

Orthodontist, Dentist

Answer: Hi, yes your symptoms of TMJ clicking will disappear with a proper treatment plan so don't worry its great that you have seen stomatologist and got advised for night guard, go for it or I will suggest for acrylic repositioning splint. and after this if you don't get relief go for orthodontic treatm...  Read Full »

How to get rid of TMJ disorder?

Query: I have TMJ disorder and I was wondering if there was anything I could do about the left side TMJ getting inflamed besides just letting it be and relax, as it is pushing on the inside of my ear. I can feel/hear it making a crackling wet noise when I push my jaw forward, or a painful pushing feeling i...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! For a TMJ dysfunction you can consider the following advice Hot comprresses for 5 to 10 mins every 3 hrs for 1 week Tab mobizox (or its equivalent) one tab two times a day for 1 week. Please try to chew on the opposite side. Try to have a soft diet for next 2 weeks Do not open your mouth...  Read Full »

How to treat TMJ problem that has made smiling and opening the jaw painful?

Query: Hello doctor, I've been suffering from TMJ for a long time and I had left it untreated for long. Now the situation has gotten worse where it has become difficult for me to smile,open my jaw fully and also I feel extreme discomfort facially but I have consulted a dentist and he has blamed jaw clenc...  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Dentist, Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Oral Implantologist, Periodontist

Answer: hey thnqq for query yes by using night guard u will surely get relief... take some medication also Rx tab. Flexon - MR twice a day tab. Neurobion forty once a day and do hot and cold fermentation also ( apply bearable hot pack (hand towel) on the affected side from outside of ur cheek tmj area ...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99