Throat Pain

Why is there persistence of throat pain even after taking medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I have a throat infection with pain in swallowing which increases at night. I took Enzoflam two tablets per day for three days, but the pain still persists. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi Chopra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The majority of throat infections are caused by viruses that cause the common cold and flu. Less often, sore throats are due to bacterial infections. Not all are viral or bacterial, other causes include an allergy to mold, pollen or other irritants or smoking cigaret...  Read Full »

What is the cause for mucus, throat pain, and chest pain even after taking antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor, My girlfriend had mucus, throat pain, shortness of breath, tiredness, chest pain, and a build-up of snot. She had two doses of antibiotics for a chest infection. Done a chest x-ray, it was clear and normal. She was asked to take antihistamines to stop mucus from the back of the throat...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is evident that she has picked up an allergy, which is constantly leading her to develop mucus, and hence, her entire chest is getting congested. Ideally, there is only one thing you can do, and that is to change her atmosphere so that she is no...  Read Full »

Why do I have throat pain even after taking medicines for acute pharyngitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from acute pharyngitis for the past five years. I used the following medicines in these two weeks. Tablet Paracetamol, CPmaleate 4 mg, Clarithromycin 250 mg, Diclofenac sodium, Voveran, Cetrizine, and Cefuroxime sodium 250 mg. But still, I am suffering from throat pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Prasun Mishra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all your prescriptions. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The antibiotics that you have taken are broad-spectrum (strong), and if it was bacterial you should have improved. The reason for your condition I feel is viral and reflux assoc...  Read Full »

What does gargling do?

Query: Hi doctor, Does air humidifier help with tonsillitis? How would salt water gargling cure tonsillitis?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Air humidifiers are of various types and not all of them are useful for someone suffering from tonsillitis. And also, tonsillitis requires gargling of warm water mixed with salt. Salt water gargling helps reduce pain, inflammation and infection in the throat by the foll...  Read Full »

Can wisdom teeth cause throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from throat pain, red tonsil and entire jaw and neck pain. My wisdom tooth also paining for the last two to three months. When I visited an ENT doctor for my throat pain, he said that I do not have any problem inside the neck. He also advised me to visit a dentist. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The pain, which is present due to wisdom tooth, must be ruled out earlier by consulting a dentist. Because in this case, physical examination and x-ray are necessary. So, consu...  Read Full »

My throat is swollen, and it is hard to breathe and swallow. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,My throat is extremely swollen, and it is hard to breathe and swallow, I am in a lot of pain because my lymph nodes are swollen and it is making my ears hurts, my neck is swollen. I believe my tonsils are swollen, but it is hard to tell as my neck is so swollen and I cannot open my mout...  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi Chopra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the symptoms you have mentioned in the query, you are having a severe acute exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis. 1) Pain in throat, difficulty in breathing and swallowing point towards an acute follicular tonsillitis. 2) Enlarged lymph nodes indicate t...  Read Full »

I have pain in the soft palate while swallowing. What should I do for it?

Query: Hello doctor, For the last almost three weeks, I am having a pain in the lower right-hand side of the soft palate while swallowing saliva (or while swallowing on empty, without food. It does not happen all the time, but it is frequent. When I swallow food or liquid, there is no pain. I feel that th...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures, and your oral cavity seems to be normal. Can you highlight the area where you have pain? Do you have acidity? Generally in any infection of the oral cavity or larynx pain is more while swallowing saliva than swallowing solid bland food or li...  Read Full »

I have ear pain with mild hearing loss and throat pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my left ear with mild hearing loss. Sometimes I feel some sort of blocking sensation. Since two days, throat is also paining.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the details, you have given I understand that you have a throat infection for the past two days and you also have left earache and ear block. Also mild hearing loss on that side. This is most probably a resultant of the throat infection. There is a tube called e...  Read Full »

Why does my throat hurt after singing?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a new singer. Last week, I sang a lengthy song without warm up. In the evening, I had¬†severe throat pain. I gave voice rest, but still I have some sensitivity in my throat. I feel quite tired always. Is this because of vocal strain? I also have tonsils. My throat feels uncomfortable...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinidhi Ravi

Allergy Specialist, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from vocal strain and a mild throat infection. You always feel tired due to this infection. Whenever you suffer from any throat infection, it causes a strain on your voice. As you also sang without any warm up, your throat could not handle ...  Read Full »

What causes bumps on the pharyngeal wall?

Query: Hi doctor, I am quite worried about the bumps on the back of my throat. I am quite sensitive to dust and get sinusitis along with blocked nose and stuffed head often. Around three to four weeks back, I had small red bumps on the roof of my mouth. When I consulted with a doctor, they suggested Augmen...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have very precisely described your problem with pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I appreciate that. My diagnosis of your condition based on your symptoms is chronic or recurrent acute rhinosinusitis, which is causing chronic pharyngit...  Read Full »