Throat Pain

Why do I get throat pain during swallowing?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain on the left side of my throat when I swallow for the past two days. I am not sick and do not have a sore throat, fever, swollen glands, or any change in my throat. I am a 51-year-old female. Do you know what this could be and what I can do about it?  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please capture a photo for your throat and send it to me. Do you have reflux in the form of a burning sensation in your chest or your stomach? Do you have a bitter taste in your throat when waking up in the morning?  Read Full »

What is the reason for my constant throat pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I always have pain in my throat. Doctors suggested different types of antibiotics Augmentin 625, Ceftum 500, and Cefix 200. But not much improvement. In my last visit doctor diagnosed me with chronic pharyngitis. It can be due to allergy or acid reflux. No need for antibiotics, and it i...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What sort of pain is it? Is it present only while swallowing? Is it getting relieved when you do anything? Do you smoke? Is there any change in voice? Do you feel anything stuck down the throat? In your pictures, I cannot find any active infection. It was unnecess...  Read Full »

Why am I experiencing weight loss, stomach burn, and throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel nausea and painful throat. It is paining inside the throat and some coffee color blood came out from the throat while spitting. I am experiencing unexpected weight loss for the last four months. I also have nausea, chest pain and stomach burning. I had an endoscope and a blood test...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and attached files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that you are suffering from erosive gastritis. This in turn leads to gastroesophageal reflux disease. I suggest you antacid with PPI (proton-pump inhibitors). Co...  Read Full »

I have throat pain and I am frightened to walk alone. Why?

Query: I am having pain in upper throat and gastric, vomit after food. afraid to walk alone and sometimes feel frightened. I have this problem for 5 years. I have seen a doctor and they said it is causing from anxiety. THey gave some meds but not improving. I am taking Escitalopram 10 mg in the morning and...  Read Full »

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: hello hope you're doing well! your past medical history and current complaints are related and pretty much predict you might be suffering anxiety. continue taking current medications. prescribing medicine ..continue to take it for 3 weeks and then stop. along with that I need to clear some more ...  Read Full »

When does cytokine storm occur?

Query: A week ago i started feeling bad...dry cough, fever no more than 37.8 ... Those symptoms kept on going for 3 days. After 3 days dry cough became productive cough and the fever disappeared ...but instead i lost my smell and i developed a tiny pain im my throat. ( i still have my taste) During this pe...  Read Full »

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: hello welcome to icliniq! hope you're doing well! There is a possibility of you suffering from covid 19 , as you had some typical symptoms such as fever and loss of smell initially. Since one week has already passed , you have entered a comparatively safer zone of covid infection that means lik...  Read Full »

I am having acid reflux and digestion problem, with depression. How to cure myself?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having problems with acid reflux, digestion, occasionally mild pain in the throat, feeling like vomiting, and depression. What could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Talal Hussain

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see your problems at two different disorders. First is related to stomach and second is similar to depression. Both of the issues are interconnected. Firstly you have the problem of acid reflux, digestion issues, feeling like vomiting (nausea) and this is causing t...  Read Full »

Why is my throat paining even after taking medicines for granular pharyngitis?

Query: Hii, Four weeks back, my mouth got dry and I felt pain in my throat.being a teacher,i feel throatache sometimes.I visited an ENT and he diagnosed tonsilar hypertrophy grade 1.there is ppw granulaes on my tongue.He presceibed medicines for it-pan 40 or mutli rab before meals, mucaine gel syrup 3 tim...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq, As per your history you are suffering from allergic pharyngitis. Tonsillar Hypertrophy grade 1 is normal you don't have to worry. Pharyngitis are inflammation of the back of throat. Some of the common causes of the pharyngitis includes : allergens, Laryngopharyngeal ref...  Read Full »

Are fever, throat, and chest pain symptoms of COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a fever for two days and felt a little pain in my chest and throat with body weakness on the fourth day. Now I am eating, moving, and walking normally. I doubt it is COVID-19 because I came in contact with infected people. My question is if it is COVID-19, is it the end of it a...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I feel sorry for your discomfort. COVID-19 causes several symptoms including those happening to you. In addition, it causes breathlessness, cough, diarrhea, loss of smell, appetite, which associated with positive COVID-19 swab culture test and lung CT (computer...  Read Full »

Treatment for high fever and throat pain.

Query: Hi doctor,I am having high fever of 103 degrees Fahrenheit, continuous sneeze and throat pain in the morning. Please advise.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be a streptococcal throat infection with a possible tonsillitis if you have difficulty in swallowing as well. High grade fever confirms a bacterial infection and hence, you have to be started on broad-spectrum antibiotics. I do suggest the following medi...  Read Full »

Do cold drinks cause throat pain or infection?

Query: I drank cold drink yesterday and have a throat pain since. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Your probably having acute pharyngitis with tonsillitis There is nothing that you need to be worried about as this is a very common entity that we come across and is treatable. 1. Tab containing Combination of Amoxicilin 500mg plus potassium clavilunaye 125mg one tab three tiems a day for 5 da...  Read Full »