Throat Pain

Can wisdom teeth cause throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from throat pain, red tonsil and entire jaw and neck pain. My wisdom tooth also paining for the last two to three months. When I visited an ENT doctor for my throat pain, he said that I do not have any problem inside the neck. He also advised me to visit a dentist. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The pain, which is present due to wisdom tooth, must be ruled out earlier by consulting a dentist. Because in this case, physical examination and x-ray are necessary. So, consu...  Read Full »

My throat is swollen, and it is hard to breathe and swallow. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,My throat is extremely swollen, and it is hard to breathe and swallow, I am in a lot of pain because my lymph nodes are swollen and it is making my ears hurts, my neck is swollen. I believe my tonsils are swollen, but it is hard to tell as my neck is so swollen and I cannot open my mout...  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi Chopra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the symptoms you have mentioned in the query, you are having a severe acute exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis. 1) Pain in throat, difficulty in breathing and swallowing point towards an acute follicular tonsillitis. 2) Enlarged lymph nodes indicate t...  Read Full »

I have pain in the soft palate while swallowing. What should I do for it?

Query: Hello doctor, For the last almost three weeks, I am having a pain in the lower right-hand side of the soft palate while swallowing saliva (or while swallowing on empty, without food. It does not happen all the time, but it is frequent. When I swallow food or liquid, there is no pain. I feel that th...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures, and your oral cavity seems to be normal. Can you highlight the area where you have pain? Do you have acidity? Generally in any infection of the oral cavity or larynx pain is more while swallowing saliva than swallowing solid bland food or li...  Read Full »

I have ear pain with mild hearing loss and throat pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my left ear with mild hearing loss. Sometimes I feel some sort of blocking sensation. Since two days, throat is also paining.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the details, you have given I understand that you have a throat infection for the past two days and you also have left earache and ear block. Also mild hearing loss on that side. This is most probably a resultant of the throat infection. There is a tube called e...  Read Full »

Why does my throat hurt after singing?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a new singer. Last week, I sang a lengthy song without warm up. In the evening, I had¬†severe throat pain. I gave voice rest, but still I have some sensitivity in my throat. I feel quite tired always. Is this because of vocal strain? I also have tonsils. My throat feels uncomfortable...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinidhi Ravi

Allergy Specialist, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from vocal strain and a mild throat infection. You always feel tired due to this infection. Whenever you suffer from any throat infection, it causes a strain on your voice. As you also sang without any warm up, your throat could not handle ...  Read Full »

What causes bumps on the pharyngeal wall?

Query: Hi doctor, I am quite worried about the bumps on the back of my throat. I am quite sensitive to dust and get sinusitis along with blocked nose and stuffed head often. Around three to four weeks back, I had small red bumps on the roof of my mouth. When I consulted with a doctor, they suggested Augmen...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have very precisely described your problem with pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I appreciate that. My diagnosis of your condition based on your symptoms is chronic or recurrent acute rhinosinusitis, which is causing chronic pharyngit...  Read Full »

I have severe eye pain with fever, throat pain and dry mouth. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from fever since last three days. I got Lanol ER 650 mg tablet three times for fever, and Rantac medicine two times as an antibiotic. I am not getting any better with this. My throat has some pain and my mouth is going dry even if I drink water, and yesterday my eyes st...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are using a Paracetamol tablet to decrease fever and inflammation. You are also using Rantac that is antacid and not an antibiotic. Your symptoms are suggestive of viral pharyngitis most likely. I suggest you take Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days to relieve cong...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest granular pharyngitis treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with granular pharyngitis and tonsillitis, but I do not have any post-nasal drip or cold. I have pain while swallowing certain oily and spicy food. What should be the treatment? In the last three months, I have got tonsil infection a couple of times.  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Granular pharyngitis occurs because of chronic irritation to the pharynx. It is commonly seen in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis, smokers, and nowadays, one of the most common cause for granular pharyngitis is laryngopharyngeal reflux disorder. The usual symptoms ...  Read Full »

I am having acid reflux and digestion problem, with depression. How to cure myself?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having problems with acid reflux, digestion, occasionally mild pain in the throat, feeling like vomiting, and depression. What could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Talal Hussain

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see your problems at two different disorders. First is related to stomach and second is similar to depression. Both of the issues are interconnected. Firstly you have the problem of acid reflux, digestion issues, feeling like vomiting (nausea) and this is causing t...  Read Full »

How is cobblestone appearance in throat treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had one sided throat pain for a week now when swallowing, usually have cobblestone appearance on the back of the throat, now my throat pain is slight and maybe more on to the side of where this lump above my tonsil appeared. What does this look like? Could this be a tonsil ston...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears more like a cyst within the tonsillar tissue. If no symptoms then we can leave it as it is. But since you have pain with congestion and cobblestone appearance of the posterior pharyngeal wall, I suggest you take some decongestants and Tylenol. Try for a few day...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.