Throat Pain

Who are indicated for a COVID-19 test?

Query: Hi doctor, I have throat pain for the last two days. My body temperature is 37.2 degrees, and my SpO2 is 97 to 98 percent. Should I take a COVID-19 test? I am taking the medicine Amoxicillin for throat pain. It is much better, but my temperature is 37.2 degrees. Is it a fever or not? Please let me ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you must get the COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) test done. You can either get the rapid antigen test or the RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) done. Until the reports come, I suggest the following, 1. Tablet containing a combination of A...  Read Full »

When does cytokine storm occur?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I started feeling bad with dry cough and fever. I had these symptoms for three days. After that, my dry cough became a productive cough. My fever got disappeared. Instead of it, I lost my smell and I developed a tiny pain in my throat. During this period, I took antibiot...  Read Full »

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a possibility for you to have COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) as you had some typical symptoms such as fever and loss of smell initially. As a week passed already, you have entered into a comparatively safer zone. It means that th...  Read Full »

Do cold drinks cause throat pain or infection?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I drank a cold drink and started to have throat pain after it. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have acute pharyngitis with tonsillitis. This is a very common entity to occur and it is treatable. You can take a tablet containing a combination of Amoxicillin 500 mg with Potassium clavulanate 125 mg one tablet three times a day for five days. This is an anti...  Read Full »

What can cause overly oily skin, burning lips, a painful throat, and thrush?

Query: Hi doctor,Does low blood levels or high blood levels cause oily skin, burning lips, painful throat, and thrush? I am having these symptoms for three months. I am going to do a blood test this week and what are the levels to be tested?   Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are multiple factors responsible for having these symptoms. I suggest you do these tests mentioned below. You need to do a complete blood count, Hba1c (hemoglobin a1c), serum electrolytes, liver function tests, kidney function tests, urine routine, viral marke...  Read Full »

Why do I keep getting infected tonsils?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had recurrent tonsillitis for a few years. Now I have developed tonsil stones on my left tonsil quite badly, and every couple of days, if I cough too hard, the tonsil stone will dislodge and come out. My tonsils are quite big as well and sit on the back of my tongue and make me ga...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take a picture of the back of your throat with an open mouth and send it to me.  Read Full »

Please help me get rid of sore throat, tonsil pain, and postnasal drip.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 47-year-old male suffering from acute sore throat, swelling, and ear heaviness for three weeks. In the first week, I took Cefixime for six days. Then I took Pulmocef 500 mg with Winolap and Dolonex for seven days. This week, I have a sore throat, tonsil pain, swelling in the throat,...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether the throat pain is severe or tolerable. Please mention whether you have a fever, muscle pain, and weakness along with it. Please mention whether you feel better after taking a different course of antibiotics or do you feel the same. Please men...  Read Full »

How to cure a throat pain that gets better with antibiotics and then comes back?

Query: Hi doctor,I have throat pain in my right side for a month. After taking antibiotics, it subsides. When I stop taking it, it starts again. The doctor told me it as pharyngeal wall congestion. How can I cure it?  Read Full »

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your condition. You have recurrent pain due to chronic tonsilitis or pharyngitis, chronic gastritis, and persistent nasal discharge. Taking antibiotics helps a lot. Start taking medication to resolve it and have some lifestyle changes. You can take tablet A...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest some medicines for my grandmother's throat pain.

Query: Hi doctor,My grandmother, who is 70 years old, is suffering from severe throat pain. She had cold, cough and fever before two days. We consulted a doctor and had medicine. Then, she was fine for a day without any fever. From yesterday afternoon, she started complaining of throat pain. She could not ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First and foremost, I like to inform you that your grandmother is having some form of infection and most probably upper respiratory tract infection. This needs to be diagnosed properly after examining her. She may not be agr...  Read Full »

Can a benign mass on the thyroid cause throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Occasionally, I have a dry cough and a tickle in the throat on the right side of the neck to my ears. My MRI showed a mass on the right side of the thyroid. I have done a fine needle aspiration. The result showed a benign soft tissue mass. It was taken before three months. Now I have a...  Read Full »

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Regarding neck swelling, there is no evidence of malignancy and so there is nothing to be worried. As your blood thyroid levels are normal without medications, then there is nothing to be worried. Cough and throat pain does not occur due to ne...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine to relieve throat pain that is radiating to the ears.

Query: Hi doctor, It has been three weeks that I am experiencing front neck pain. First two weeks, it is just the right side that is painful, and the pain is just manageable. On the third week (this week), the pain worsens, that I have to take a pain reliever. The entire front of my neck is painful, and I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need an antibiotic. Please take Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid (Augmentin) 625 mg thrice daily with meals for five days. Take Chymoral Forte (Trypsin Chymotrypsin) tablet before meals thrice daily for three days. Take Montelukast (Singulair) 10 mg, Levocetirizin...  Read Full »