Throat Pain

I have throat pain and I am frightened to walk alone. Why?

Query: I am having pain in upper throat and gastric, vomit after food. afraid to walk alone and sometimes feel frightened. I have this problem for 5 years. I have seen a doctor and they said it is causing from anxiety. THey gave some meds but not improving. I am taking Escitalopram 10 mg in the morning and...  Read Full »

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: hello hope you're doing well! your past medical history and current complaints are related and pretty much predict you might be suffering anxiety. continue taking current medications. prescribing medicine ..continue to take it for 3 weeks and then stop. along with that I need to clear some more ...  Read Full »

When does cytokine storm occur?

Query: A week ago i started feeling bad...dry cough, fever no more than 37.8 ... Those symptoms kept on going for 3 days. After 3 days dry cough became productive cough and the fever disappeared ...but instead i lost my smell and i developed a tiny pain im my throat. ( i still have my taste) During this pe...  Read Full »

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: hello welcome to icliniq! hope you're doing well! There is a possibility of you suffering from covid 19 , as you had some typical symptoms such as fever and loss of smell initially. Since one week has already passed , you have entered a comparatively safer zone of covid infection that means lik...  Read Full »

I am having acid reflux and digestion problem, with depression. How to cure myself?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having problems with acid reflux, digestion, occasionally mild pain in the throat, feeling like vomiting, and depression. What could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Talal Hussain

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see your problems at two different disorders. First is related to stomach and second is similar to depression. Both of the issues are interconnected. Firstly you have the problem of acid reflux, digestion issues, feeling like vomiting (nausea) and this is causing t...  Read Full »

Why is my throat paining even after taking medicines for granular pharyngitis?

Query: Hii, Four weeks back, my mouth got dry and I felt pain in my throat.being a teacher,i feel throatache sometimes.I visited an ENT and he diagnosed tonsilar hypertrophy grade 1.there is ppw granulaes on my tongue.He presceibed medicines for it-pan 40 or mutli rab before meals, mucaine gel syrup 3 tim...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq, As per your history you are suffering from allergic pharyngitis. Tonsillar Hypertrophy grade 1 is normal you don't have to worry. Pharyngitis are inflammation of the back of throat. Some of the common causes of the pharyngitis includes : allergens, Laryngopharyngeal ref...  Read Full »

Are fever, throat, and chest pain symptoms of COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a fever for two days and felt a little pain in my chest and throat with body weakness on the fourth day. Now I am eating, moving, and walking normally. I doubt it is COVID-19 because I came in contact with infected people. My question is if it is COVID-19, is it the end of it a...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I feel sorry for your discomfort. COVID-19 causes several symptoms including those happening to you. In addition, it causes breathlessness, cough, diarrhea, loss of smell, appetite, which associated with positive COVID-19 swab culture test and lung CT (computer...  Read Full »

Treatment for high fever and throat pain.

Query: Hi doctor,I am having high fever of 103 degrees Fahrenheit, continuous sneeze and throat pain in the morning. Please advise.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be a streptococcal throat infection with a possible tonsillitis if you have difficulty in swallowing as well. High grade fever confirms a bacterial infection and hence, you have to be started on broad-spectrum antibiotics. I do suggest the following medi...  Read Full »

Do cold drinks cause throat pain or infection?

Query: I drank cold drink yesterday and have a throat pain since. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Your probably having acute pharyngitis with tonsillitis There is nothing that you need to be worried about as this is a very common entity that we come across and is treatable. 1. Tab containing Combination of Amoxicilin 500mg plus potassium clavilunaye 125mg one tab three tiems a day for 5 da...  Read Full »

What causes chronic tonsil swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, My tonsils have been swollen for almost an entire month. I have had two normal appointments for it and I am scheduled for a visit with an ENT doctor after four days. Today, my throat pain is more than it has been in the past few days and my left tonsil is significantly bigger than my righ...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is obvious that your tonsil infection is not gone. Perhaps, it has been more complicated now since pain and fever is up and lymphadenopathy is shown. Retro or peritonsillar abscesses are the complications of untreated tonsillitis that may require specific treat...  Read Full »

I am having throat pain with breathing difficulty. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an issue. I am feeling pain in the throat on either sides. More than throat, it is neck, lower neck, not midline, on either side no pain on swallowing but I have to take some deep breaths occasionally.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason of having these symptoms can definelty be a feature of chronic silent GERD with LPR (gastroesophageal reflux with laryngopharngeal reflux). Even though you might asymptomatic as far as gastric issues are concerned, the inflammation in the throat o...  Read Full »

What could cause hovering sensation in left oral cavity area with throat and ear pain of that side?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two years, I have had left ear pain, throat pain, and a hovering dull sensation in the rear left oral cavity area. I have been to two ENT's and a GP a dozen times. The lymph nodes on the left side of my neck are harder and a bit bigger, although hard it still moves. I wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rohan S. Navelkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can totally understand what you are going through. I saw the pictures you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems like you have a small salivary gland obstruction. There are multiple salivary glands all over your mouth that secrete saliva. ...  Read Full »