Throat Pain

Please help me get rid of sore throat, tonsil pain, and postnasal drip.

Query: For consecutive three weeks, I have been suffering from acute sore throat and swelling and ear heaviness. In the first week, I took cefixime for six days. Then I took pulmocef 500 mg for with winolap tab and tab dolonex dt for 7 days. In this week, sore throat, tonsil pain, swelling in throat, st...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello Is the throat pain severe or tolerable? Do you have fever, muscle pain and weakness along with these? Were you even slightly better with the different courses of antibiotics? Or do you feel just the same? Do you have nasal blockage with air-conditioned or ceiling fan? Is there runny...  Read Full »

How to cure a throat pain that gets better with antibiotics and then comes back?

Query: Dear sir, I have right side throat pain from last 1 months. When I take the antibiotics then pain is gone. When I stopped antibiotics it will start again. Doctor said it is pharyngeal wall congestion. How I can cure from this disease. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati

Answer: Hello. Good to hear from you. I understand your situation. The typical recurrent pain you complain might be because of the following most common causes.. 1. Chronic tonsillitis/pharyngitis 2. Chronic gastritis. 3. Persistent post nasal discharge. As you say it’s subsiding with antibiotics ...  Read Full »

Why do I get slight irritation and pain in throat with louder voice?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55-year-old male. I am having a slight pain in the middle of my throat (Adam's apple), as if some small inflammation is there at the end of the tongue or neck for the past one week. I am not having any difficulty in speaking or eating but some kind of irritation prevails. I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might have caused some mild injury to the vocal cords while reciting the slokas loudly. You need to give your vocal cords rest by not talking or singing for a few days followed by restricted use of voice for the next week. You must not sing or speak loudly or in ...  Read Full »

How to treat sinus issue with runny nose, throat pain and sneezing?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old. I have sinus issues like night time colorless running nose for about one to two hours. I also have throat pain and sneezing. Problem increases if I have milk or cold food.  Read Full »

Dr. Rohan S. Navelkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To start with if you have throat pain with fever and cough or weakness in the body, please consider going to a Coronavirus OPD to get tested. Considering the present times, it is possible. Now assuming that you do not have the above symptoms, it is very likely that ...  Read Full »

Can a benign mass on the thyroid cause throat pain?

Query: Dry cough and tickle in throat pain occasionally from right side of neck to my ear. MRI showed a mass on right side of thyroid had a fine needle aspiration done on it, they poked it 9 times to try and get enough for the screen. The results came back saying: This needle core was done in the possibili...  Read Full »

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati

Answer: Hello. Good to hear from you. I understand your situation. Firstly, regarding the neck swelling that concerns you, since there is no evidence of malignancy in any of the investigations do not worry about it. As your blood thyroid levels are also normal without any medication, do not be concerned abo...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in throat and ear while swallowing with globus pharyngeus?

Query: Hello doctor, I had globus pharyngeus for about 10 days and today it has evolved to a pain in the back of my throat which when I swallow causes pain in my left ear for a second too.  Read Full »

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your condition. Do not worry. It is a quite common scenario. Very manageable. Firstly, it is caused by one or few of the conditions like severe gastric reflux, infection in the throat, postnasal drip due to conditions like a sustained common cold, smokin...  Read Full »

Though my throat pain subsides, should I suspect myself for Covid-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old female. And I have got throat pain on 22nd and met a doctor on 26th for the same. He gave me Azee 250 mg and one multivitamin for five days and I have taken it till 30th. From that day I am doing basic gargling and taking milk with pepper and haldi in the night. B...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any cough or breathing difficulty or wheezing? Does anyone else in your family have similar symptoms? Is there any nasal congestion or discharge or block? Can you please take a picture of the back of the throat with open mouth showing details of the affected area...  Read Full »

Will throat pain cause slight breathing problem in asthmatic patients?

Query: Hello doctor, I have throat pain for the last seven days. Doctor gave me Opox 200 and Hifenac P felt better at first but my condition is not improving. There is also a slight problem in breathing as I am asthmatic for the last 10 years. I am currently on Foracort 400 Rotacap, Duonase nasal spray.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you send me a picture of your throat? For how many days did you take antibiotics?  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine to relieve throat pain that is radiating to the ears.

Query: It has been 3 weeks that I am experiencing front neck pain. First 2 weeks it is just the right side that is painful and the pain is just manageable. On the third week (this week). The pain worsen that I have to take pain reliever. The entire front of my neck is painful and I can feel swollen lymp no...  Read Full »

Answer: You need antibiotic. Please take amoxicillin clavulanic acid 625mg thrice daily with meals for 5 days. take chymoral forte tablet before meals thrice daily for 3 days do hot fomentation and steam inhalation take montelukast10 levocetrizine5 combination once daily in the evenings daily for 7 days ...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in throat even after medications for tonsil infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had tonsil infection last week for which I went to the doctor who gave me antibiotics and pain killer. My throat infection is healed, but still I am having pain in my throat. Again I went to the doctor and he told it is lymph swelling and he prescribed me with Cetirizine and pain ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take a picture of the back of the throat with open mouth showing details of the affected area and send to me. Is the lymph node palpable? Is there any fever? Did you complete the antibiotic course fully or did you stop abruptly?  Read Full »