Vaginosis

Are vaginosis, uveitis and back pain related?

Query: HeIlo doctor, In the past several months, I was diagnosed with anterior uveitis in my right eye. Several weeks later, I was also diagnosed in my left eye. In addition, I experienced some achilles heel tendonitis and back pain. I completed the 8 week treatment program (dilating drops for the firs...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the history that you are having recurrent attacks of uveitis. Uveitis is an inflammatory disease of the eye and it can be because of infections, allergies, systemic diseases. Skin diseases like pityriasis can be seen associated with uveitis. However, th...  Read Full »

What is the natural way of getting relief from itchy skin in vaginal area?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know of a natural way to heal my skin on the outside of my vaginal area (it is not a fungus). I have been to the doctor, and all the test came back negative of STDs. She also prescribed me with steroids, and I did not get them because I need some time to heal my skin, n...  Read Full »

Dr. Aishwarya Ilavarasan

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We will cure this naturally. I need further more details of your vaginal discharge. Dry your clothes, especially your inner wears in sunlight, use mild soaps for washing your clothes.  Read Full »

Will taking Metronidazole and Tergynan affect baby during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am six weeks pregnant. Before knowing that I was pregnant, I was treated for recurrent bacterial vaginosis with Metronidazole orally and Tergynan vaginally for a week approximately on weeks 4 to 5 of pregnancy. How it can harm my baby? Cause I heard that it is contraindicated in fir...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are medications those can be advised in pregnancy as, during the antenatal period, many symptoms could occur that need to be treated. Metronidazole can be advised in pregnancy. So, do not worry and Tergynan is also antifungal antibiotic and it was advised locally,...  Read Full »

Why is the vaginal swab test so painful for me?

Query: Hello doctor, What does it mean if a swab test (just the Q tip inserted into the vagina) is very painful? More details about the presenting complaint: I have been bleeding nonstop for months, even while on Progesterone. And have heavy discharge with a bad smell. I went to the doctor to test for inf...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are likely to have mixed vaginosis infection both bacterial and fungal which can easily cause cervicitis and is the likely reason you are bleeding since then. More so the infection causes vaginal walls to inflame and hence the pain on insertion. You shall require...  Read Full »

I have thick and foul-smelling vaginal discharge. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old, and my husband is 30 years old, and I have PCOS from the past 11 years. We are married for a year and a half. My periods are irregular, and sometimes I do not get periods for 8 to 9 months. I used to get periods after taking Meprate. With Clomifene, I got two cycles...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), you should plan the treatment first and then plan a pregnancy. This involves weight reduction, oral contraceptive pills for three months, the ones with Cyproterone acetate to reduce testosterone levels and also most import...  Read Full »