Hair Fall

I have been using Minoxidil, but hair fall persists. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been using Minoxidil for about a year now and continue to shed. I now have balding patches where it was not an issue before. Ironically the thinning I had started using it for filled in. Wondering if I need to stop the use or if it is normal to experience shedding still? I use it...  Read Full »

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please upload a few pictures if possible, to advice proper treatment.  Read Full »

I am having extreme hair fall and my center of the scalp has started showing up. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 24 years old and having extreme hair fall. My center of the scalp has already started showing up. Please help.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use Trichospire hair kit and Qilib men lotion twice daily. I hope it helps. If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact us.   Read Full »

I am a PCOS patient with extreme hair thinning and hair fall. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a PCOS patient. I have regular periods, but heavy bleeding, overweight, high sugar levels, and the egg size is 15 with using the medicine. But I could not conceive, and extreme hair thinning and hair fall. I am on metformin twice a day from last week. I want you to suggest any supp...  Read Full »

Dr. Amith Kumar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) clearly has an effect on hair growth on patients.  Read Full »

What are the causes and management of hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old-female. I have been losing a lot of hair since last year. I do not see any bald patches but I do see my hair thinning over time. I do not understand why this is happening since I have always had a mane full of thick hair. Is there any way I could stop the shedding o...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There can be a lot of causes of sudden increased hair fall which can include sudden weight loss, stress, illness, dietary changes like crash dieting, drugs, childbirth, thyroid problems, anemia, etc. If you think you have any of these kindly mention it. Get the follo...  Read Full »

How can I stop hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, I started losing hair a year ago. Probably after starting my job. Mainly hairs on my temples and side hairs on the front part of my head. I was using Nutrafol tablets and have used it for about four months now and have not seen any results. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from androgenic alopecia. Use Minoxidil 5% lotion 1 ml twice daily and tablet Finasteride 1 mg once daily.   Read Full »

Is my hair fall due to shampooing daily and dandruff?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a dandruff problem for very long. So, I started shampooing my hair every day. Even then skipping even a single day of shampooing leaves my hair full of dirt and makes it completely oily. And an itchy scalp is always there no matter what I do. I have started losing a lot of ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have told, you have a dandruff problem and oily scalp that is seborrheic dermatitis which can be mild or can be severe. And yes hair can fall due to dandruff problem. I will suggest a few things for this. For proper hair growth ensure proper diet with Vitamins...  Read Full »

How can I treat graying of hair and hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing hair fall from the last 4 to 5 months. Also facing graying of hairs from last three years.  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does this problem exist in your family? If yes it is androgenetic alopecia that is common in males and related to male hormones. Premature greying of hair is also genetic and as such there is no treatment for reversing of grey hair. However, you can take Biotin suppleme...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have diffuse hair fall after taking Finasteride?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Finasteride for three months now. Recently, I have been having a huge shed of around 100 hairs a day, up from 5 to 10 before the treatment. The hairs I shed are thick but half the length of the rest of my hair. They are also thin at the base of the hair. This hair loss ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When Minoxidil is started, it can lead to hair loss at first because it regulates hair cycle and all hairs go into one phase leading to diffuse shedding of the hair. But eventually it stops. Ensure proper diet with Vitamins and Minerals. Take Biotin supplements along wi...  Read Full »

Kindly help me by suggesting the best treatment for hair fall problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am facing hair loss problem for the past three years. I am a male, 25 years old, 5.4 inches height and 71 kg weight. My hair volume becomes very less. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.How are you? Hope your physical condition is good. I have read your problem carefully. Your history is incomplete, and so I have a few queries.What is the pattern of hair loss (a picture will help)? Do you have a dandruff problem? Is there any family history of early hair l...  Read Full »

Can I take Minoxidil with Eclipta Alba for alopecia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from alopecia. Can I use Tugain Foam 10 % Minoxidil hair gain treatment as well as Morpheme Bhringraja (Eclipta Alba) for hair and skin care 500 mg extract 60 Veg capsules together for the better result?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question but unable to understand what kind of alopecia are you having and how severe it is. If it is in the beginning stage, Minoxidil can reduce your hair fall. Use 5 % Minoxidil instead of 10, as 10 can be very irritating to the scalp. Eclipta alba has...  Read Full »