Chronic Prostatitis

I have slower urine stream with discharge from penis. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a prostate congestion issue that comes and goes from 2 years. Lately I am having a slower urine stream even slower than the times I had my prostate congestion before, also I am having uncomfortable feeling above my anus, itchy or uncofortable feeling at the tip of my penis, and...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like prostatitis, chronic (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Often in this condition, diagnosis is clinical, most tests are negative. On rectal exam, sometimes prostate can feel tender. sonography can show swollen prostate. Uroflow may be reduce...  Read Full »

I have recurrent prostate infection. Will it turn into cancer in future?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34-year-old male with recurring prostate infections with inflammation which is really painful with kidney stones happening all the time. I am 6 feet and about 215 lbs weight. I am currently on Trileptal, Ranitidine, and Omeprazole and I have been on them for a long time like 10 ye...  Read Full »

Dr. Senduran N

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you are having could be chronic prostatitis (usually bacterial or any obstructive pathology). Chronic symptoms suggest that you need complete urological evaluation with urine analysis, urine culture, ultrasound of prostate, etc, and treatment accordingl...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen and painful glans?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old unmarried male. My height is 6'2" and weight is 73 kg. For the past three months, I have pain in the left side of my glans penis. At the same time, I have a continuous pain on the left side of the anus. The pain around the anus is not severe, but it is enough to bother...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and findings I am suspicious of chronic prostatitis, which is a longstanding infection of the prostate. It is associated with pain in the perineal region, which is neither mild nor severe. It needs to be confirmed with a per rectal examination in whi...  Read Full »

What can cause the penis to tingle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old sexually active male. I have been with the same girl for the past 10 years and we are loyal in the relationship. I am having a ton of issues and pain in my lower region. The symptoms are lower back pain, pain in my pubic region, pain and tingling in my testicles, burnin...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms do point towards chronic prostatitis. With negative culture and positive pus cells, it is likely that you are suffering from CPPS IIIA, which is non-bacterial inflammatory chronic prostatitis. Now, this is a difficult condition to manage and requires long-...  Read Full »

Can taking Levofloxacin for prostatitis cause permanent muscular and CNS effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have been complaining of symptoms of prostatitis for seven years with LUTS, fatigue, and pain as the main symptoms. The EPS shows more than 10 WBC per HPF and urine and prostatic cultures are negative. Semen culture was done twice in the last six months with th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from chronic prostatitis. It is very difficult to treat. Ideally, prostatic massage and EPS or semen culture must be done. But, if you have an improvement with Levofloxacin, then you can take it. The side effects are if you take it for a very long d...  Read Full »

Can there be any drug reaction between Vigantol and Tavanik in a prostatitis patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am being treated for chronic prostatitis rebounce. It is now the third day I am taking Tavanik (Levofloxacin) 500 mg a day. I am taking it the same time each day among other medications. One of them is Vigantol 1000 I.E. My doctor told me to take Tavanik at least one hour after and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, your doctor had suggested you take Levofloxacin before any other medication as the absorption will be better. Usually, we instruct patients to wait for an hour at least so that the drug can be absorbed. Unless you took both the medication...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Ofloxacin for body and penile irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have body irritation and irritation in the penile area. I have body weakness and pain in the back and waist. I have a mild fever and malaise. Please go through my reports. Suggest me a suitable treatment plan. I want to know an answer. Is it safe to take Ofloxacin 400 mg for a longer t...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreejith Mg

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on the reports, it is probably prostatitis. If there is no improvement with a short course of antibiotics, then it can be chronic prostatitis or recurring prostatitis. In such cas...  Read Full »

Is anejaculation a side effect of Silodal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have enlarged prostate and some lesion on the prostate. The report has been attached. For the past four years, I have been suffering from urinary tract infections and kidney stones and my life is very much disturbed. I am attaching the files of my reports and the medicines which I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to be examined clinically with per rectal examination. If clinical findings suggest a chronic prostatitis you need a prolonged treatment for it. Did you undergo uroflow test as suggested? It shows whether your urine flow is obstructed or not. Your PSA (prostate-...  Read Full »

Can I take Sildoo 8 for UTI and urine retention?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old suffering from UTI and urine retention. I am a father of two, height is six feet and weighing 87 kg. I was suffering from mild constipation (first poop is easy but clearing remaining used to take some time from past few months. I used to spend at least 15-20 minutes...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep P

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your elaborate history what I could make out is that you had a severe episode of acute prostatitis which was undertreated and now it is chronic prostatitis syndrome. Also, you have severe constipation. Sildoo is silodosin which is a highly potent alpha-blocker. I w...  Read Full »

I got urethritis and conjunctivitis after unprotected oral sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I got urethritis and conjunctivitis, at the same time a few months back. I had thick transparent penile discharge with burning and itching sensation. I got this after a week of having unprotected oral sex. I have had urethral swab and urine test done, and the reports showed ureaplasma...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your genital symptoms are quite classic for chronic non-bacterial prostatitis. This is an ascending infection of the prostate gland from the urethra. Prostatitis is usually chronic and can lead to a dull aching pain for a long time. It is usually a consequence of gonor...  Read Full »