Chronic Prostatitis

Why does my semen look greenish?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past few weeks, I noticed I have been ejaculating greenish semen. I have a stinging feeling on the head of my penis. I have tested negative for urinary tract infection, sexually transmitted diseases, and prostate infections twice now. I have an issue with getting an appointmen...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The description you gave is associated with chronic prostatitis, and it is usually required proper diagnosis for the bacteria causing it to provide appropriate treatment. For diagnosis, you need semen for culture to decide on antibiotics as treatment. The most common...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms of frequent urination and irritation in the penis due to chronic prostatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, A few months back, I had to use the bathroom at a friends house, and it was dark. After I used the bathroom and stood up, I used a flashlight, liquid fecal matter had dried all around the bowl, and my penis directly contacted it. A couple of weeks after I had an onset of frequent urin...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting us. You are absolutely right about the chronic prostatitis diagnosis. This condition is present with recurrent symptoms of burning urination and perineal pain or deep pain or discomfort in the pelvis. Usually, symptoms appear and then disappear f...  Read Full »

Kindly advise medication for itchy penis and enlarged prostate.

Query: Hello doctor, My prostate was enlarged by 3 cm last month. Before the ultrasound, i.e., three months back, I felt wet and itchy on the top of the penis. So I went to the Urologist, and he prescribed antifungal lotion with a tablet. After the ultrasound, the Urologist advised Veltam-S for 10 - 15 day...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, I can understand that you have chronic prostatitis. You need long term antibiotics treatment. Preferably we need semen culture before starting the treatment, but since you do not have access as you are out of town, I will recommend you antibiotic s...  Read Full »

What could cause burning sensation in the penis post unprotected oral sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I received unprotected oral sex from someone I did not know, and I have been having symptoms in the genital area ever since. The onset of symptoms happened as follows. First, a few days after the encounter, I have a burning at the tip of the penis. This went away on its own. I got p...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is clearly chronic prostatitis. It can be bacterial or abacterial (without bacteria). This is a long term inflammation of the prostate. Its treatment is difficult. Diagnosis is by prostatic massage and urine sample after that, but I request semen for culture eas...  Read Full »

Why do I get prostate pressure and burning sensation on urination after sex?

Query: Hi doctor,I have prostate pressure and uncomfortable urination. A few times after sex with my partner, this has happened where I feel the pressure between the scrotum and anus. No discharge from the penis, but I have a burning sensation on urination. Currently, I am taking Bactrim, and I have done t...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the symptoms you got are of chronic prostatitis. This is a long-term issue, and management can be challenging. It seems that you also tried antibiotics without proper outcome. Proper diagnosis can be made by semen culture. There are two main typ...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in penis during urination with milky white discharge?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have an issue with similar symptoms of a UTI. And both times, I have gone to urgent care for it. I have got tested and treated for UIT and chlamydia. Both times I have tested negative. My symptoms are white milky discharge and pain in the penis while urinati...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For your symptoms of urethral discharge and pain in passing urine with increased frequency and urgency in the long term, treated with antibiotics and tested negative for STI twice, the most probable diagnosis is chronic prostatitis. Other possibilities, like bladder s...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have burning sensation on urination?

Query: Hello doctor, My meatus looks slightly inflamed, and I see a red dot. It is not much pain, but it looks like a lip sometimes. This has happened to me before, but it did not give me any problem and disappeared. It happened after masturbation, and I felt a slight burning after ejaculation and felt l...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Burning on urination in the long-term indicates chronic inflammation of the prostate. For proper diagnosis, we need semen for culture and choose the proper antibiotic, which is needed for long-term about six weeks as antibiotics penetrate the prostatic capsule slowly...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain and inflammation in penis?

Query: Hello doctor, When I take the semen culture sensitivity test, the results show three types of gpc grown and my pus cells positive (scanty). What does it mean? I am so anxious about this, and my marriage is next month. I think I have been infected. I am so confused that I want to tell my partner be...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No worries, you will be well with antibiotics. Just share your report with me so I will prescribe your medications. Then you will get well before your marriage.  Read Full »

Why does my foreskin retract during masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, When I masturbate, then my foreskin retracts. If I pull the foreskin backward and then forward again, the end of my foreskin pulls in further and further, as if my glans were pulling it in. And, because my glans are very sensitive, it can sometimes suddenly happen when masturbating th...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got your first point that foreskin keeps retracting and your glans is sensitive, and you feel discomfort. Let me assure you that this is normal and does not require treatment. Many people get a circumcision, and glans are always exposed, so the glans' sensitivity wi...  Read Full »

I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Six months ago, I started showing signs of prostatitis. I had a hard time urinating fully, I had pain and burning, fever, clear discharge. I was put on eight weeks Cipro. My body did not respond well to the Cipro. I stopped and had a chance to s...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know a few more details to answer your query better: Did you have any fever with your symptoms? Where is your pain mostly, near your anal region or along the urethra? What side effects did you have on taking Ciprofloxacin? If your symptoms are similar ...  Read Full »