Cold And Flu

What does elevated ESR in the blood report indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know the details of my TGE report. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it is normal except for some mild changes, which are slightly decreased PCV (packed cell volume) and elevated ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate). But other values are not...  Read Full »

Can flu happen anytime or only during a particular season?

Query: I have had flu ever since i was three. I am now sixteen but the flu happens all year round. The flu comes early in the morning after waking up and at night before sleep and also when I'm waken up abruptly. My nose itches, and my eyes, my nose is also congested and i can only breathe through my mouth...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear, I’m sorry to learn about your condition. It is understandable that you want to get rid of this situation. Based on your description I strongly believe this is an allergy-like auto-immune process. Maybe you have lab results with a full platelet count at home. Have a look at the eosinop...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for itching and burning sensation in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing some itching and burning sensation below the throat for the past two days. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaiza Hashmi

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All throat conditions are not COVID-19. Sore throat can also occur in conditions like flu, cold, tonsilitis, COVID-19, etc. Kindly give complete history. Do you have any COVID-19 contact history? Is there any travel history by any close relatives, friends or by y...  Read Full »

What does a small lump on my neck mean?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have discovered a small lump on the right side of my neck. I am usually the person who starts worrying and gets paranoid whenever I discover something like this. I used to do it all the time with my glands. It feels like a gland, but it is slightly bigger and more tender than...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it possible for you to upload a picture of your neck or for the fact any picture from the internet highlighting that area? It seems like it might be a swollen gland, which can happen even with common cold or flu. But, it is hard to confirm without a picture and...  Read Full »

Is soreness in mouth a symptom of Coronavirus?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a fever last week. After two days my fever went and I developed flu. Today, I do not have cough no fever no flu but my mouth is sore. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement, you got a fever that subsided after two days and then developed flu and mouth sore. Mouth sore is a common complication of flu. Again mouth sore may develope by a viral infection like herpes simplex virus most commonly fungal infection, n...  Read Full »

Why do I get chest pain with occasional cough post flu recovery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female. I have chest pain after flu-like symptoms. My height is 171 cm and weighs about 61kg. It started about one and a half months ago as a normal flu with coughing and runny nose. I took some flu medicines (Lemsips pills), I got rid of the runny nose, but I sti...  Read Full »

Dr. B R Isharam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like a little infection in lungs maybe. So I am prescribing some drugs and tests as well. Take medicines properly and do the test and show me. 1. CBC (complete blood test). 2. Pulmonary function test. 3. Chest x-ray. Take syrup Dextromethorphan two times da...  Read Full »

Is it a must to get an annual flu vaccine shot every year for a child?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few doubts regarding annual flu vaccine. Is it a must to get an annual vaccine shot every year? Is it mandatory for kids? What will be the effect if we miss the dose a year? As all the doctors are not suggesting the vaccine, I am confused whether should I get it for my 5-year-ol...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Flue vaccines are annual because every season there is change is strains of Virus. WHO notify six monthly which strain to be used for next shot. It is not a mandatory vaccine, but it is optional. I usually recommend to my patients if they hav...  Read Full »

My cough is persisting in spite of antibiotics. What do you suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a cough since 15 days. There is phlegm as well. I tried using so many syrups, antibiotics and Levocetirizine with Montelukast. The X-ray and CBP (complete blood picture) are normal. But, the cough is still persisting and troubling me. What do you suggest?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have a cough from two weeks along with expectoration. You have taken antibiotics and antiallergic medicines, but you have not mentioned the name of the antibiotic which you have taken. I would suggest a few things: Any person wit...  Read Full »

Infection in left ear follwed by pain in right ear.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 5 years old. Last month, we noticed that she had pain in her right ear and the thing continued for three to four days. On 5th, we noticed lots of wax in her right ear. It seemed to be pus. So, we took her to an ear specialist. After diagnosis, the doctor told us that he...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ear infections in children are very common. Children have a straight and wide eustachian tube that helps throat microbes to reach the ear easily and cause infection. So whenever she has a chest infection or throat pain or cold or flu, there are chances that her ears ...  Read Full »

Is coughing blood be a serious concern?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having cough since 5 days. I have noticed little blood in my cough. I am worried about it. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Margi Barot

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the following information in order to rule out other possibilities. As you have said you had cough. I would like to know more about your cough.Is it sudden onset or chronic? Is it dry or with sputum? Any similar episode in recent past? If yes, then an...  Read Full »