Diabetes Mellitus

Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a chronic metabolic disorder where the blood sugar levels are high for a prolonged period. The three main types of DM are type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and gestational diabetes. The classic symptoms are weight loss, increased urination, increased thirst, and increased hunger.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

After taking Insulin injections, my blood sugar is under control. Can I take medicines now?

Query: Hi doctor, I have diabetes for the past 20 years and my sugar levels are under control. I am taking tablets for it. Before two years, it got raised one day and the doctor advised me to take insulin injections three times a day. Two days back, I checked my sugar levels and the fasting blood sugar wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. In most cases, after taking insulin, the sugar levels get controlled. Then we revert back to anti-diabetic tablets. But you need to check your sugar levels for at least three days. If they are under control, you can start to take tablets. I su...  Read Full »

Why does the sugar level get high in the evening?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is checking his blood sugar level regularly. He has a blood sugar of 110 to 120 mg/dL in the morning and 240 to 260 mg/dL in the evening. It was checked after two to two and half an hour after taking food during lunch. He is taking Tendia M forte one tablet once a day at night,...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Please mention whether this value is coming repeatedly or it is a one time reading. Your father's post prandial blood sugar is not under control. Fasting sugar appears good. Your father is taking maximum medications for diabetes. Please mentio...  Read Full »

Humalog, my sugar level is not under control. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have type 2 diabetes. I am taking Humalog Insulin 1 unit, three times a day. Before a week, I checked my blood sugar level. It is found to be high in the morning and it was 10.14 mmol/L to 14 mmol/L. Before lunch, it was 12 mmol/L. I went to work and did my job. My blood sugar had no c...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I have gone through your problem. You are only on Insulin Humalog (Insulin Lispro Injection), is that true? Do you take any oral antidiabetic medications? The Insulin units that you have mentioned "1 unit 3 times a day" Is it correct? Because 1 ...  Read Full »

Should I take Insulin?

Query: Hi doctor,I am having high blood glucose. My fasting blood sugar is 153, postprandial is 175 and before dinner 152. My doctor advised Janumet 50/500 before breakfast and dinner and Sulisent in the morning. Shall I take it? Presently, I am having Invokana 50/500 before breakfast and dinner and Reclid...  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I like to tell you that you are doing a great job by managing strict diet restrictions and regular exercises.¬†Please do continue exercising for at least 45 minutes daily. Now, coming to your concern regarding the medications, Insulin is definitely the most natur...  Read Full »

Will mere symptoms like frequent urination, weight loss, blurred vision, etc., confirm diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I had a few symptoms of diabetes at an early age (10-12 years old). I often urinate and feel excessive thirst. Now I am in a job. When I was on board at ship, sometimes I cannot get enough rest and sometimes no proper sleep. I also have a family history of diabetes....  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports enclosed by you are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Presently, you do not have diabetes. The symptoms you are experiencing can be due to your travel history. Try to avoid drinking water after 9 PM. Drink three liters of w...  Read Full »

Why is my foreskin cracked?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with the foreskin. I cannot pull back the skin as it has developed cracks in the tip area. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A cracked, irritated or fissured foreskin could be due to a number of reasons. If you have diabetes mellitus, both diagnosed or undiagnosed, it could cause a fungal infection of the foreskin leafing to cracking. If you are not a known case of diabetes, you mus...  Read Full »

Can uncontrolled diabetes mellitus result in leg pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My father's age is 70 years, and he has type II diabetes mellitus for the past 30 years. His present blood sugar level are fasting 143 and PP 221. He is having muscle pain and cramp on his right leg for the last few years. He has pain in the leg for the past 15 years, and he could not...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am here to help you. I have read your question with care and understand your concerns. 1. His blood sugar levels are very high, and diabetes is not under control, so first, we need to control it. 2. Muscle pain and cramp on his right leg for the last few years, and ...  Read Full »

Can diabetes result in stiffness and burning sensation in the legs?

Query: My father aged is 62 years, suffering with DM-HTN > 25 years and had right side mild paralysis stroke (PPA) suffering with stiffness and burning sensation in both leg and feets.The recent investigations shows Fasting 90 mg , plbs 216 mg, Lipid Profile and urine examination resulted normal. Hba1c 8....  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq Thanks for posting your Query . See the stiffness and burning sensation is due to nerve damage ( Neuropathy ) caused due to Uncontrolled Diabetes . A HBA1c of 8.5 means your father's diabetes is very poorly controlled and needs some changes in the dosage . I Advise him ...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine that can permanently cure tinea cruris?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 57 years old man. I have fungal infection between my leg joints for the past 25 years. I am controlling it by applying Canesten S cream after taking a bath in the morning every day. Is there any medicine that can cure this condition entirely? Can I live without medication?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry, and I will help you with your concern. History suggests you have tinea cruris that is a type of fungal infection. First of all, please stop applying Canesten S (Beclometasone and Clotrimazole) cream as it contains a strong steroid that will damage your ...  Read Full »

Are mesenteric vascular thrombosis, septic shock, and ARF complications of diabetes?

Query: DM with myelo proliferative disorder with massive UGI bleed with mesenteric vascular thrombosis with septic shock with ARF. why or how patient get this disease?  Read Full »

Dr. Pratap Vgm


Answer: Dear Welcome to icliniq, As per the query the main cause the problem is DM that is diabetez mellitus, Let me explain to you in detail. Diabetes is a prothrombotic condition which might have caused a clot to block the mesenteric veins which drains the intestine. Blockage of these vital veins migh...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.