Difficulty In Walking

What to do for knee and leg muscle stiffness in arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from arthritis for about a year. Due to arthritis, I am almost on the bed for six months. Now I am fit but as I was on bed for six months my leg muscles (behind the knee) was badly stiffed and band to 90 degrees. I cannot stretch my legs straight, because the leg muscl...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve the range of motion. You need to consult a physiotherapist for proper rehabilitation. Initially, quadriceps strengthening and range of motion exercises are impo...  Read Full »

Will excruciating pain in feet while walking indicate fracture in feet?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days ago I jumped off a gate that was about 10 feet tall. Upon landing, I landed flat on my feet, a surge of excruciating pain took over my feet. Since then, I have trouble walking and the pain has not yet subsided. Though it hurts a lot when I am walking and putting pressure o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Without examining you it is very difficult to be precise but I can say with confidence that you have a significant injury as bruising is a hallmark of either a fracture or a significant soft tissue trauma. Weight-bearing is the second thing we look at and if you canno...  Read Full »

Is surgery the best option for knee stiffness with walking difficulty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I have pain, stiffness and cracking or creaking sound in both the knees and joints. Pain is persisting for 24 hours and there is difficulty in walking. There are some other symptoms apart from pain which I have listed below: Locking of joints and stiffness if I si...  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The main findings of the reports are as follows: Left knee: rupture of anterior horn of medial meniscus and posterior horn of lateral meniscus. Right knee: rupture of posterior ho...  Read Full »

Unable to walk and move properly after stroke. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is not able to walk properly and she cannot move properly. She met with ischemic stroke eight years back and she is diabetic and has BP, and seizures (epilepsy) treated with Insulin, and BP suppressants, Atorvastatin, Levetiracetam, Phenytoin (Eptoin) since seven years, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ischemic stroke is a condition where there is incomplete blood supply to a certain part of the brain leading to permanent damage to that part of the brain. Consequently, the function carried out by the affected part of the brain is lost. The only way to recover function...  Read Full »

Why is there a difficulty in walking on left side in a brain stroke recovered patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31-year-old male, and my weight is 52 kilograms. I am a brain stroke recovered patient. My left side got paralyzed before two years. Now, I am doing all my movements independently. My blood pressure remains low in 100 by 70 mmHg. I face a problem while walking on the left side, in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you wear well-cushioned footwear made of MCR (microcellular rubber) material. It will help you to reduce the impact on the bone while walking and it reduces the pain. Keep yourself warm by wearing socks and avoid exposure to cold. Pain in cold temperature occu...  Read Full »

How to find the reason for my mother-in-law's waist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother-in-law is having difficulty in walking, climbing stairs and sitting. She is having pain in her waist for the last one month. She feels tired and helpless. She always wants to sleep. On some occasions, she becomes unconscious without any reason. When we checked her blood pressure...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden episodes of loss of consciousness and sleepiness sounds like a medical problem. We know that her blood sugar is normal, so are her other blood results (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She is in her early 50s. She is currently taking treatmen...  Read Full »

When will walking get normal after foot fracture?

Query: Dear doctor,I had a 2,3,4 metatarsal foot fracture on 13th. Thereafter, the foot was in a cast which was removed on 20th. Now, there is as slight swelling and it hurts when walking. I am unable to walk smoothly. I partially drag the foot when walking. Hence, I request your advice on the following: W...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 2, 3, and 4 metatarsal fracture can vary from undisplaced midshaft fractures to head fracture which affects forefoot (front part of the foot) to the base of metacarpal fracture which can vary depending on the anatomy of the fracture and thus the treatment also varies...  Read Full »

Does my spine MRI point towards sciatica?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old male with height 5'9" and weight 65 kg facing a problem of pain in left leg, weakness, and numbness, tingling in feet and stiffness in thighs along with pain in calf muscles. I am facing a difficulty in walking. I have done an MRI of the spine. Please provide with ap...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned a pain in the left leg along with weakness, tingling, and numbness. First of all, can you tell me the duration of your symptoms? Is there any associated back pain as well? If your leg pain more or your back pain? How much distance can you walk on a...  Read Full »

A 52 year old male is unable to walk due to nerve damage. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,My uncle is 52 years old. He had an issue when he was in his young age. His nerve got pinched and due to that incident, he is not able to walk properly. He has gone through so many tests recently. But we are not satisfied with the treatment. Please, clear whom should we consult.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all his tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that they indicate a possible genetic disorder which causes progressive paralysis. Unfortunately, there is no cure for these disorders as the brain cells and spinal cord cells...  Read Full »

My grandmother is having lower back pain after a fall. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My grandmother aged 91, fell in the bathroom about a month back. She was able to walk and did not have any major symptoms. Since two weeks, she has had difficulty walking and lower back pain. She had an x-ray two days ago. As she is in complete bed rest, developed bed sores. I need a revi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For me to help you with your query, I need to see the x-ray of the lower lumbar area. Kindly attach the x-ray and follow-up with the same. Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ort...  Read Full »