Difficulty In Walking

Please suggest a diet plan for my 58-year-old mother based on her reports.

Query: Please advise a diet plan for my mother aged 58 years. At present her physical activity is very very less as she is unable to walk with herself and all activities like potty, bathing etc are performed with the help of father. She takes 1-2 Roti with vegetable in the morning around 11:30 after that...  Read Full »

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq. I think you have not attached all the files. The reports are not complete. Please attach the remaining pages of the report.  Read Full »

Apart from surgery, what are the treatment options to release nerve trapped between discs?

Query: Hi, This is the MRI report of my 56 year old mother. She has severe back pain and is unable to walk. Currently in the bed with traction. Doctor has suggested surgery to release nerve trapped between disc. Please help me understand the following MRI report . Is surgery the only option or any ...  Read Full »

Dr. Renjit George Marcus

Answer: Hi. This is a very common problem. Surgery is definitly a good option but not the best option. Treatment mainly depends on the symptoms and not only the mri report Studies have shown not much difference between surgical and non surgical treatment So wat i would suggest is an initial non surgica...  Read Full »

How long does it take for a patient to recover from a stroke?

Query: My wife ia diebetic with BP. Suffered CVA(left basal ganglia ICH)with right hemiparesis some months back. She is on insulin (novorepid and lentus), galvusmet 50/500,(last 20 years) Telma 40, Liofen, statin 10, felicita. Of late she feels difficulty in walking.No strenth in lower extremity. Pain in l...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: hello Please tell me little bit details. After ICH, did her power in right leg improved to some extent in last 3 months? or its same? or its got worsened? In which leg she having pain? and since when is that pain? I am mentioning required information (point wise): After ICH, did her power in ...  Read Full »

Why does my nephew have back stiffness and difficulty in walking?

Query: Hi doctor, I want an opinion for my 24 year old nephew. For the past four months, he has been suffering from the following problems. He has numbness in both his lower limbs for the past three months and he has total blackout for a few seconds. He has been suffering from constipation for the past ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the symptoms, it is suggestive of the myelitis (inflammation of the spinal cord). Hence, he has been treated with initial IV steroids and then oral. After taking these medications, either his symptom...  Read Full »

I have difficulty in walking with swollen ankle. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 78-year-old male. My weight is 80 kg approximately, amd my height is 5.5 feet. During the last three months, I am facing difficulty in walking. This started one day after taking a walk, my feet swelled near the ankle area, this subsided after taking rest. However, after that...  Read Full »

Dr. Renjit George Marcus

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your pain. Did you happen to twist your leg or foot while walking? Do you have pain when you press the ankle? From what you say, it appears to be a neglected ankle sprain or an undisplaced fracture for which you should take an x-ray and see. An...  Read Full »

My father is not able to walk properly. Should we get a CT scan?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is not able to walk properly. His x-ray is fine. I guess it as some brain issue. Shall I go with CT scan? Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If patient not able to walk properly, then there are three most common possibilities. He has problem in the brain. He has problem in the spine. He has problem in peripheral nerves. If he has brain problem, then he might have a stroke or NPH (normal pressure hydrocephalus)...  Read Full »

What can cause weakness and breathing trouble?

Query: My mom is 45 years old. She's having trouble breathing. Every move exhausts her very much. She is very weak and needs assistance when walking. She needs to be in front of a fan or aircondition all day or else she'd have trouble breathing. It's episodic and usually she have attacks when she's really ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ahmed Goha

Answer: hi there i understand your concern likely your mother dyspnea is due to what is called heart failure whoch is the inability of the heart to pump sufficent amount of blood to meet body needs and this may be due to her previous heart problem whoch can be either rheumatic valvilar heart disease or c...  Read Full »

Why do I lower back pain and unable to put pressure on my legs to walk?

Query: Lower back pain unable to put pressure on legs to walk. 3 weeks ago I was lifting my dog into the car. I got a sharp pain in my lower back..went away in about two days. Today I was lifting my two year old into an inflatable tube, While setting her down I had the same pain but on the mid right side o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, You need to be examined to determine if this is a back strain or a sciatica from a pinched nerve. Is there any numbness in the leg, does the leg feel weak apart from the pain you feel while trying to walk, can you control your bladder well ,does the pain worsen upon straining ? If the answer ...  Read Full »

What causes heel pain only while walking without shoes?

Query: Hi, i am patient of hyperthyroid. My weight was 52kg cause of hyperthyroism, but i start my medicine from 1 and half years before and recovering from thyroid, and now my weight is increased to 73kg and that why i am facing heel pain but with sport shoe i can walking exercises but without shoe i fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending Love and healing energy from here! Looking into your problem ,one of the reason you have yourself mention that weight increased and had heel pain . You have said you were having hyperthyroidism and after medication you got recovered. Those patient having hyper also tend to go into hyp...  Read Full »

What to do for knee and leg muscle stiffness in arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from arthritis for about a year. Due to arthritis, I am almost on the bed for six months. Now I am fit but as I was on bed for six months my leg muscles (behind the knee) was badly stiffed and band to 90 degrees. I cannot stretch my legs straight, because the leg muscl...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve the range of motion. You need to consult a physiotherapist for proper rehabilitation. Initially, quadriceps strengthening and range of motion exercises are impo...  Read Full »