Difficulty In Walking

Unable to walk and move properly after stroke. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is not able to walk properly and she cannot move properly. She met with ischemic stroke eight years back and she is diabetic and has BP, and seizures (epilepsy) treated with Insulin, and BP suppressants, Atorvastatin, Levetiracetam, Phenytoin (Eptoin) since seven years, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ischemic stroke is a condition where there is incomplete blood supply to a certain part of the brain leading to permanent damage to that part of the brain. Consequently, the function carried out by the affected part of the brain is lost. The only way to recover function...  Read Full »

Why is there a difficulty in walking on left side in a brain stroke recovered patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31-year-old male, and my weight is 52 kilograms. I am a brain stroke recovered patient. My left side got paralyzed before two years. Now, I am doing all my movements independently. My blood pressure remains low in 100 by 70 mmHg. I face a problem while walking on the left side, in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you wear well-cushioned footwear made of MCR (microcellular rubber) material. It will help you to reduce the impact on the bone while walking and it reduces the pain. Keep yourself warm by wearing socks and avoid exposure to cold. Pain in cold temperature occu...  Read Full »

How to find the reason for my mother-in-law's waist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother-in-law is having difficulty in walking, climbing stairs and sitting. She is having pain in her waist for the last one month. She feels tired and helpless. She always wants to sleep. On some occasions, she becomes unconscious without any reason. When we checked her blood pressure...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden episodes of loss of consciousness and sleepiness sounds like a medical problem. We know that her blood sugar is normal, so are her other blood results (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She is in her early 50s. She is currently taking treatmen...  Read Full »

When will walking get normal after foot fracture?

Query: Dear doctor,I had a 2,3,4 metatarsal foot fracture on 13th. Thereafter, the foot was in a cast which was removed on 20th. Now, there is as slight swelling and it hurts when walking. I am unable to walk smoothly. I partially drag the foot when walking. Hence, I request your advice on the following: W...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 2, 3, and 4 metatarsal fracture can vary from undisplaced midshaft fractures to head fracture which affects forefoot (front part of the foot) to the base of metacarpal fracture which can vary depending on the anatomy of the fracture and thus the treatment also varies...  Read Full »

Does my spine MRI point towards sciatica?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old male with height 5'9" and weight 65 kg facing a problem of pain in left leg, weakness, and numbness, tingling in feet and stiffness in thighs along with pain in calf muscles. I am facing a difficulty in walking. I have done an MRI of the spine. Please provide with ap...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned a pain in the left leg along with weakness, tingling, and numbness. First of all, can you tell me the duration of your symptoms? Is there any associated back pain as well? If your leg pain more or your back pain? How much distance can you walk on a...  Read Full »

A 52 year old male is unable to walk due to nerve damage. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,My uncle is 52 years old. He had an issue when he was in his young age. His nerve got pinched and due to that incident, he is not able to walk properly. He has gone through so many tests recently. But we are not satisfied with the treatment. Please, clear whom should we consult.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all his tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that they indicate a possible genetic disorder which causes progressive paralysis. Unfortunately, there is no cure for these disorders as the brain cells and spinal cord cells...  Read Full »

My grandmother is having lower back pain after a fall. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My grandmother aged 91, fell in the bathroom about a month back. She was able to walk and did not have any major symptoms. Since two weeks, she has had difficulty walking and lower back pain. She had an x-ray two days ago. As she is in complete bed rest, developed bed sores. I need a revi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For me to help you with your query, I need to see the x-ray of the lower lumbar area. Kindly attach the x-ray and follow-up with the same. Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ort...  Read Full »

Does my blood report indicate the reason for severe pain and inflammation of my legs?

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few weeks, I have had severe pain and inflammation in both the legs, from my knees to the foot. I limp while walking, and have no injuries or accident. Also, I feel very lazy, weak, and sometimes feel feverish in the evenings. My concentration at work is also going down. ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is nothing serious, no need to worry. The central problem associated with you is obesity. Obesity has lead to excess fat deposition in the liver, leading to mild elevation of AST (aspartat...  Read Full »

Can copper deficiency cause short-term memory loss and paresthesia of the face?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female, and I have severe short-term memory loss (8/30 MMSE). I have paresthesia bilaterally on my face, which has spread from the upper part to around my mouth. I also have startle myoclonus and muscle stiffness. My walking speed has slowed, and the muscles in my...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Copper deficiency is a known cause for non-compressive myelopathy, which can explain your muscle stiffness, slowed walking, and clonus in legs. But startle myoclonus is a different thing. It might be a flexor spasm in legs, which someone interpreted as startle myoclonu...  Read Full »

I sprained my ankle while playing soccer. Please help.

Query: Hi, I sprained my ankle while playing soccer. The ball hit the outside of my foot, causing my ankle to turn inward, and it popped few times. I also landed on it sideways in the same position. They took me to the hospital, where they told it was a moderate sprain. At first, it hurt to walk, but it di...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very unlikely to be dislocated. The ankle joint is a very stable joint, and it will not be dislocated. And, the major fracture would have been much painful, and there would have been an inability to walk. So do not worry, I think it is just a feeling, not an ac...  Read Full »