Loss Of Sensation

I am having memory and concentration issues with sensation loss. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I was in the hospital and thought I may have had a small stroke. But I did not. The MRI showed some white tissue changes. Since I got out three weeks ago I have had problems with dull senses and memory and concentration issues. It is causing a lot of anxiety. In the evenings I do seem...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to a stroke. Low blood perfusion to the brain could mimic this clinical situation. Anxiety too. White matter changes could be related to different possible causes: chronic arteri...  Read Full »

Can gas embolism in spinal cord affect sensation of whole dermatome?

Query: Hello doctor,If a person had been diving and experienced an arterial gas embolism in the spinal cord. Specifically, it was disrupting the nerve root for the T8 or S1 dermatome. Would the whole region of the dermatome be affected with decreased sensation? Meaning, would it wrap around the torso (T8) ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that an arterial gas embolism in the spine, would not affect just a nerve territory or a dermatome. But it would lead to a much more severe condition, associated to spinal shock, inability to move the legs, inability t...  Read Full »

I almost fainted and could not feel my legs. Is it because of high blood pressure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female, and my blood pressure is 148/101 mmHg. I am not on any medication, and I want to change my doctor because my doctor is too far for me to travel. I cannot get an appointment for two weeks. Do I need to go to the hospital to get medication? I am really worried...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your blood pressure is borderline, and it is not very high. It is not an emergency to start medicine. Instead, you need to monitor it frequently. You being a young hypertensive, you will need an evaluation for the cause of high blood pressure. I suggest you get the fol...  Read Full »

I do not have sensation in my lower body parts. Does my MRI show the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. Almost 15 to 20 days ago, I felt that my feet were cold as if they were frozen. I felt numbness in my left leg, and suddenly, I had double vision issues. I thought it was because of increase in my eye number, but I was wrong. I then went to an eye specialist, ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your MRI report shows small lacunar infarct in the brain, which was responsible for your symptoms. A lacunar infarct arises from blockage of small arteries that supply th...  Read Full »