Low Grade Fever

What are the signs of diverticulitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with diverticulitis from a CT in February. They gave me antibiotics and for the first time in months, I finally felt good again. Exactly one month later it happened again, and they called me in another round. For years the primary has told me it was just IBS. But I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be having irritable bowel syndrome which is because of stress you are suffering from. You just cannot think about diverticulitis because of such a low-grade fever (there are million other causes of low-grade fever even stress is one of them). It is good th...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my low-grade fever, headache, and internal burning sensation with chills?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a constant low-grade fever, chronic headache, lost of energy, and internal body burning sensation with chills. I have done several tests like HIV, hepatitis B and C , typhoid and malaria. My CBC, blood sugar, urinary and blood culture all came out negative, I am worried as to w...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I can only imagine the level of your anxiety and frustration. I must ask you, have you been having fever for more than 100.5? Because this is what we can say fever, any temperature. Below this is not a fever. I am sure you have been checked repeatedly for this....  Read Full »

Will prostate enlargement cause fever and urological problems?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient has some urological problems. For the past 12 days, he has been suffering from mild fever ranging from 96 to 99.2 degrees. His PSA is 7.21 and he urinates frequently. He is currently on Taxim O and Afdura for prostate enlargement.   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prostate enlargement is occurring in males after the age of 50 years. This enlargement can cause issues of obstruction and leads to infections, stones, and even kidney failure. Diagnosis is by history examination and ultrasound scan in addition to kidney function test...  Read Full »

What can cause mild fever and heaviness in the stomach?

Query: My mother's age is 58, height is 5 feet, weight around 50 kg. She suffered a stomach tumour more than 20 years back, which was to be operated upon. 13 years back, she suffered a brain stroke because of the clotting of a vein inside the brain. She is diabetic and has hypertension too. Since then she ...  Read Full »

Dr. Durairaj Arjunan

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: She is having constipation and give her fiber rich food and also test her thyroid. The pain that you mentioned is mainly because of her disc problem most likely. Get xray spine done initially. For her heaviness and abdominal discomfort we may add prokinetics and proton pump inhibitors ( Rabiu...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for chest and stomach pain with the feeling of acid in chest?

Query: Hello doctor, I have on and off fever since last Friday and been having chest and stomach pain since yesterday (pain somewhere in between the chest and the stomach). I have a loss of appetite and can feel acid coming out of my chest a few times. I also feel like I always need to poop but nothing i...  Read Full »

Dr. Aleph

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How high was the fever? Any other symptoms such as cough, colds, body aches, sore throat, and pain during urination? How would you describe abdominal pain, burning, crampy, or stabbing? Does it radiate to the back? If yes, which side? Does it occur after food intake? Do...  Read Full »

Can swollen tonsils cause sore throat with mild fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat since yesterday. There is also a slight fever of 37.4. I suspect my swollen tonsil. I had taken juices and gargled warm water with salt. For the fever, I took paracetamol if needed.  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any other symptoms such as cough or difficulty breathing? Any recent history of travel to China? Or any exposure to someone who may be possible with Covid-19?  Read Full »

What causes low-grade fever with drastic weight loss and bone pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom aged 45 years, is having a fever for almost two months. The temperature used to vary from 99-100 degrees Celcius in the night times and gradually it comes down. She was weighing 105 kg and now she is 88 kg. Now, she is having bone pain and light fever in the night when there is a ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that she has been having fever off and on for the last two months and is a low-grade fever especially in evenings with accompanied weight loss and bone pains indicates a possibility of tuberculosis infection. It is better to get her Mantoux test and ADA (ade...  Read Full »

Digital vs. analog thermometer.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel like my forehead is hot, and I have a fever. I have both digital and analog thermometer. The underarm temperature in the analog thermometer shows 98.3 F, and in the mouth, it shows 99 F. The underarm temperature in the digital thermometer shows 98.4 F, and in the mouth, it is 99.1...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, this is not a fever. Both thermometers are accurate, but analog is better. Mouth is better for checking the temperature and 1 to 2 minutes is sufficient for checking the temperature. Normally, oral temperature is more than axillary temperature by 0.5 to 1 F, ...  Read Full »

14-year-old has low back ache, fatigue and mild fever. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My 14-year-old son is complaining of a low backache. He has fatigue and low-grade fever. Hemoglobin is 12.7 but ESR level is 43.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A low backache in children at this age associated with low-grade fever and ESR 43 could be due to: Trauma (check for any trauma symptoms like blood, blue-purple changes of the skin). Kidney infection. Get urine analysis done. You may take a urine test strip at yo...  Read Full »

Can only children with RA get fever or adults as well?

Query: Hello doctor,Is fever found only in children with RA or can adults get this symptom also? I have had a fever (low grade) for nine days, but enough to make me feel more horrible. My rheumatologist said only children get fever from RA. I am 45 years old and was diagnosed years ago but only started wit...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation is present. So, mild fever can occur. But mostly in adults, fever is not as high-grade like that of a child. You are taking disease-modifying drugs and biological drugs for rheumatoid arthritis. These two medications should be c...  Read Full »