Low Grade Fever

What is the cause for persistent low-grade fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I need a few suggestions about my health.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please tell me all the symptoms or problems you have with your health so I can help you accordingly. And please let me know if you are taking any medicine currently. If you have done any tests, then please attach so I can check and comment.  Read Full »

Is it possible for a fungal infection to cause low-grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a chronic fever, which is called as pyrexia of unknown origin when we are unable to ascertain a cause. As your blood tests and x-ray are normal, lung infection is ruled out. Conditions causing chronic fever are numerous. Also, certain infections like tuber...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for diarrhea with stomach cramps and mild fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have had diarrhea 5-10 times a day, stomach cramps, mild fever for the past three days. The stool is runny and the color is pinkish-red.  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not uncommon to have diarrhea in this season. Please let me know the diet you have taken in the last one week. Please add a lot of yogurt in your diet, about one pack with breakfast, lunch, evening snack, and dinner. Do not eat butter. Do not use too much oil f...  Read Full »

What are the signs of diverticulitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with diverticulitis from a CT in February. They gave me antibiotics and for the first time in months, I finally felt good again. Exactly one month later it happened again, and they called me in another round. For years the primary has told me it was just IBS. But I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be having irritable bowel syndrome which is because of stress you are suffering from. You just cannot think about diverticulitis because of such a low-grade fever (there are million other causes of low-grade fever even stress is one of them). It is good th...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my low-grade fever, headache, and internal burning sensation with chills?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a constant low-grade fever, chronic headache, lost of energy, and internal body burning sensation with chills. I have done several tests like HIV, hepatitis B and C , typhoid and malaria. My CBC, blood sugar, urinary and blood culture all came out negative, I am worried as to w...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I can only imagine the level of your anxiety and frustration. I must ask you, have you been having fever for more than 100.5? Because this is what we can say fever, any temperature. Below this is not a fever. I am sure you have been checked repeatedly for this....  Read Full »

Will prostate enlargement cause fever and urological problems?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient has some urological problems. For the past 12 days, he has been suffering from mild fever ranging from 96 to 99.2 degrees. His PSA is 7.21 and he urinates frequently. He is currently on Taxim O and Afdura for prostate enlargement.   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prostate enlargement is occurring in males after the age of 50 years. This enlargement can cause issues of obstruction and leads to infections, stones, and even kidney failure. Diagnosis is by history examination and ultrasound scan in addition to kidney function test...  Read Full »

What can cause mild fever and heaviness in the stomach?

Query: My mother's age is 58, height is 5 feet, weight around 50 kg. She suffered a stomach tumour more than 20 years back, which was to be operated upon. 13 years back, she suffered a brain stroke because of the clotting of a vein inside the brain. She is diabetic and has hypertension too. Since then she ...  Read Full »

Dr. Durairaj Arjunan

Answer: She is having constipation and give her fiber rich food and also test her thyroid. The pain that you mentioned is mainly because of her disc problem most likely. Get xray spine done initially. For her heaviness and abdominal discomfort we may add prokinetics and proton pump inhibitors ( Rabiu...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for chest and stomach pain with the feeling of acid in chest?

Query: Hello doctor, I have on and off fever since last Friday and been having chest and stomach pain since yesterday (pain somewhere in between the chest and the stomach). I have a loss of appetite and can feel acid coming out of my chest a few times. I also feel like I always need to poop but nothing i...  Read Full »

Dr. Aleph

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How high was the fever? Any other symptoms such as cough, colds, body aches, sore throat, and pain during urination? How would you describe abdominal pain, burning, crampy, or stabbing? Does it radiate to the back? If yes, which side? Does it occur after food intake? Do...  Read Full »

Can swollen tonsils cause sore throat with mild fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat since yesterday. There is also a slight fever of 37.4. I suspect my swollen tonsil. I had taken juices and gargled warm water with salt. For the fever, I took paracetamol if needed.  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any other symptoms such as cough or difficulty breathing? Any recent history of travel to China? Or any exposure to someone who may be possible with Covid-19?  Read Full »

What causes low-grade fever with drastic weight loss and bone pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom aged 45 years, is having a fever for almost two months. The temperature used to vary from 99-100 degrees Celcius in the night times and gradually it comes down. She was weighing 105 kg and now she is 88 kg. Now, she is having bone pain and light fever in the night when there is a ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that she has been having fever off and on for the last two months and is a low-grade fever especially in evenings with accompanied weight loss and bone pains indicates a possibility of tuberculosis infection. It is better to get her Mantoux test and ADA (ade...  Read Full »