Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasm

Related Terms: Cervical Cancer, Hpv, Cancer, Colposcopy, Cauterization, Hpv Dna Test, Human Papilloma Virus

Diagnosed with CIN1 plus HPV. Is this related to cervical cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. Recently, I have been diagnosed with CIN1 plus HPV. Is this same to cervical cancer? Please tell me more information regarding the same and also tell me how can I get it treated? I aborted my first child due to personal reason. Currently, I am taking medicine for HIV vi...  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CIN1 (cervical intraepithelial neoplasm) is neoplastic changes of the cervix. It is not cancer itself but the change towards cancer is seen. CIN1 is treatable. Most common cause of it is HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) infection. Since you currently do not have ...  Read Full »

I am HPV positive and got treated for CIN. Am I prone to VIN?
Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I had symptoms of itching in the vulva area. Later, two sores or ulcers appeared. One on the clitoral hood and another one on the right labia minora. It burns when I urinate. I am HPV positive, and I recently got treatment for CIN before three months. I have attached the p...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is better to have full investigations as you already have a history of HPV (human papillomavirus) and treated for CIN (cervical intraepithelial neoplasia). When did you have your las...  Read Full »

Is it mandatory to have LEEP surgery in CIN1?
Query: Hi doctor, Is it necessary to have a LEEP surgery in CIN1?  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your results showed cervicitis with metaplasia and suspected CIN1 (cervical intraepithelial neoplasia). In a colposcopy, it should be discussed in detail. It needs treatment soon....  Read Full »

Cervical Cancer - Causes and Prevention
Article Overview: Estimates suggest that by 2025 more than 365 women will die due to cervical cancer everyday. Cervical cancer is caused by HPV (Human Papilloma Virus ) and mainly affects young women.  Read Article »
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Trivia: Estimates suggest that by 2025 more than 365 women will die due to cervical cancer every day. Cervical cancer is the second largest cancer affecting women's health. What Causes Cervical Cancer? Cervical cancer is caused by HPV (Human Papilloma Virus ) and mainly affects young women. ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasm? We have medical experts to help you right away.