Cervical Spondylosis

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Neck Stiffness, Neck Pain, Cervical Spondylitis, Nerve Compression, Pregabalin, Cervical Collar

Cervical Spondylosis: Wear and Tear of Neck Joints
Article Overview: This article discusses cervical spondylosis and the role of physiotherapy in cervical spondylosis.  Read Article »
Dr. Saswati Nanda
Spine Health Specialist

The word ''osis'' means degeneration. So, cervical spondylosis is the degeneration of the cervical (neck) spine that usually involves the lower cervical spine. Disc degeneration occurs with the loss of mucopolysaccharide and proportionately the water content of the collagen fibers. The disc height i ...  Read Article »

Does cervical spondylosis cause dizziness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering with severe dizziness. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to give you a better treatment plan, I would like to know few more details. Are you a male or female? What is your age? Since when are you suffering from dizziness? And how severe it is? Do you have any vertigo? Or any history of visual or sle...  Read Full »

Due to cervical spondylosis, will I have problem during pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. For the past one year, I am suffering from heaviness of head and neck stiffness. Even though I am living my normal life, sometimes the heaviness of head becomes extreme. I feel it is spinning even at the slightest movement of neck and it is accompanied by bowel ...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history and information given by you, my answers are as follows: It does not look like you have a gastrointestinal disorder. But, better is to get an ultrasonography of your abdomen and rule it out. In cervical spine you have only a small disc. So, ...  Read Full »

I was suggested surgery for cervical spondylosis. Should I go for it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53 year old female. I am cervical spondylosis patient. After MRI report, the doctor suggested an operation. Should I go with the operation or not? MRI report: Spine with the screening of the whole spine: Cervical spine was studied with 3 mm thin slices in the axial and sagitt...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is persistent numbness in the hands in cervical radiculopathy, then surgery is indicated. As you have mentioned that you have significant numbness, and your MRI reports also suggest the same, you should consider getting a surgery done. Till then you can be ...  Read Full »

Can imbalance occur due to cervical spondylosis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. My height is 184 cm and weight is 97 kg. I had a cervical spine x-ray and was diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. I also have mild CAD and severe sleep apnea. Due to intermittent chest pain and breathlessness on exertion, CAD was suspected. After positive TMT, I...  Read Full »
Dr. Mohan Krishna

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tightness and neck pain can be due to cervical spondylosis. The lightheadedness and balancing issues can also occur due to spondylosis. Spondylosis is not so severe on x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is of mild grade. If your hand gri...  Read Full »

My arm has become stiff due to cervical spondylosis. How to get it treated?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 55 years old. I have been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis due to wear and tear on my dehydrated spinal discs. My pain is in my neck and arm. I have occasional fever and night sweats. I am already using a cervical collar for a week now. I am using hard collar during the day and so...  Read Full »
Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your condition. Your symptoms match with the diagnosis of cervical spondylosis. Unfortunately, along with neck pain and arm pain you also seem to have developed weakness of your left arm due to pressure on your nerves in the neck. Physiotherapy is ...  Read Full »

I have severe pain in my shoulder and neck. Please suggest a treatment.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old female. I have been having pain in the shoulder and many times, this pain extends from the neck to the whole left hand. It pains a lot. I am suffering from this pain for more than six months. It pains so much like I have no control over my body and I get tears in my ...  Read Full »
Dr. Durgesh Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes are cervical spondylosis or peri-arthritis of the shoulder. First, I need to ask few things: Do you have any co-morbidity like diabetes or hypothyroid? Do you have pain in any other joints? Do you have pain just when you get up in the morning? Does ...  Read Full »

I have neck stiffness and gastric problem. Please suggest treatment.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years. I am feeling stiffness in the neck for the last two years. Now, there is pain in the throat, some gastric problem also. Please suggest treatment. Three to four hours after having food, gas starts coming from chest to throat. Sometimes, I have change in voice, shortness ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. So, your neck stiffness is likely a cervical spondylosis. You should get X-ray cervical spine AP/ lat view and further may need MRI. You need to visit physiotherapist after X-ray for physiotherapy. I suggest you have tablet Neurobion forte once a day which is a nerve...  Read Full »

Can you review my scans to see what is causing the various neurological symptoms?
Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic right leg spasticity, migraines, muscle pain, ataxia, nausea, vertigo, and pins and needles in hands and feet. Please, could you review my scans to see what is the cause of my various neurological symptoms? Is it cervical myelopathy or MS?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your scans (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are cervical disc problems at many levels and mild cervical spondylosis. There is a neural foraminal compromise and nerve root compression in C4-C5, C5-C6 and C6-C7 cervical disc lev...  Read Full »

I have burning sensation on my arm. Does this sound like MS or anxiety?
Query: Hello doctor, Since yesterday I have had this burning sensation in a patch on the side of my left arm. It is not warm to touch but an internal warm sensation that feels like you put a warm cup of coffee against a patch of skin for a second or two and then it goes away. It appears in a wave-like pat...  Read Full »
Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The intermittent burning sensation in your left arm could be due to several reasons. Most commonly, we see this if there is any cervical spondylosis with the nerve being pushed. This can lead to a certain area in the arm to be painful. Again, the pain can be intermit...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Cervical Spondylosis? We have medical experts to help you right away.