Cognitive Behaviour Therapy

Related Terms: Depression, Psychotherapy, Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Schizophrenia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder

How to stop a panic attack naturally?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a horrible panic attack two weeks ago. My arms and legs went numb. Even now, I am having trouble with them and my balance. What can I do to stop this?  Read Full »
Dr. M K Rathore

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment includes some medicines and psychotherapy. Medication includes antidepressants (SSRI's, TCI), antianxiety drugs. It is better to see a doctor before taking any medicine as the best medication for your panic attacks will depend on a variety of factors, l...  Read Full »

I am being emotionally abused. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I am an engineering college student. I have an younger brother. My parents have always been distant for as long as I remember and the beating, fighting and emotional abuse started around five years back. Now they started to fight with us too. My father always try to t...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having symptoms of both depression (sad mood, forgetfulness, depersonalization, feeling of helplessness, suicidal ideation, loss of concentration) and anxiety (restlessness, heaviness). So, your diagnosis is mixed depression and anxiety disorder. You need to take ...  Read Full »

Dealing with Chronic Physical Pain and Niggles
Article Overview: Pain is a debilitating symptom. It is often neglected, and has devastating consequences. The following article deals with common causes of pain, and its management.  Read Article »
Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni

Pain is a protective mechanism. It warns one, of the imminent, dormant, and potential danger. However, chronic physical pain can be disabling, and limits one's functional capacity. Women are more prone to pain than men, as revealed by several study designs and research methodologies. Those aged ove ...  Read Article »

I have a habit of tongue thrusting. How to stop it?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a habit of tongue thrusting. Now, I am using permanent retainers for the past four months. How to overcome it?  Read Full »
Dr. Vijay K Asrani
Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please say your age. Usually, tongue thrusting is done unconsciously. So initially, you should be aware of it. Habit breaking appliance can also be used, and it takes time. It can also be stopped by a process called cognitive behavioral therapy.  Read Full »

I am on Celexa and Xanax for OCD, but there is no improvement. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36-year-old male who has suffered from OCD for the majority of my life. My psychiatrist has changed Celexa to 40 mg, and I am taking this dose for two months now. I have a feeling of mania, anxiety and I am unable to deal with it. I also feel impulsive, and sometimes I feel great,...  Read Full »
Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention about your OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) symptoms. Please say about the type of obsessions and compulsions you have. You can take tablet Prozac (Fluoxetine) 20 mg for a week and gradually increase it to 40 mg. Prozac helps for OCD as well as for imp...  Read Full »

I get anxiety while making eye contact. Please help.
Query: Hey doctor, I have been shy for as long as I remember. Not sure when I started suffering from social anxiety, I guess it built up slowly. Probably started in the middle of my teenage years. I am 32 now. I have been able to get through pretty good during the years. However, something really nasty st...  Read Full »
Dr. Gayatri Saraf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that it can be extremely distressing for someone to feel the way you have been feeling. You seem to have a social anxiety disorder that has worsened lately. Sometimes it is common for social anxiety to run its own course, where it waxes and wanes and wor...  Read Full »

I have a problem facing public and lack confidence. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old and completed my graduation. I have a problem facing the public like the people who know me and who do not know me. I do not have any confidence in facing the public . As I am a tall person with 6'4" height I feel very unique with the way others see me. This problem ...  Read Full »
Dr. Youness Tanani
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your case can contain just pieces of advice and way to do over the internet. Seems you are suffering from a social anxiety disorder. In general, these kinds of disorders are not treated via medications. The only way is taking sessions of CBT (cognitive behavioral therap...  Read Full »

I am 28 years old and suffering from erectile dysfunction. What can be done?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 28 years old and suffering from erectile dysfunction during sex with my wife. I had semi-hard erection two times. Six months before also I had a similar issue for 15 days then again I was normal after that but again issue has started since three days. I masturbate every day mostly whi...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it is only on two occasions then you can wait, but if it is frequent then you can manage it by two approaches namely drug and behavioral. Drug therapy includes Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil. Behavioral therapy includes Masters and Johnson technique. It is di...  Read Full »

How does CBT help in treating electrophobia?
Query: Hi doctor, I am waiting for CBT therapy for fear of electricity. Getting concerned as no therapist has come across this before. How can they help me as the electricity is everywhere? I am afraid of the electricity in general. If I am being exposed to each appliance separately, that would take a lo...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) does not mean only exposure to fearful situations and then desensitizing. Exposure can be done to group of appliances at a time, rather than a single appliance. Besides this mental exposure task can also be performed which will help to r...  Read Full »

Can severe anxiety be cured completely without any medication?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing severe pain in the back of my head and neck region with dizziness since six months now. I went to physiotherapy and took some muscle relaxants but with no effective relief. With anxiety tablets like Amitriptyline, it felt better for a few days but again it cam...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the clinical description and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). My answer to your questions is that we do not have anything to gauge your anxiety with some instrument but it can be detected with a complete history and...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy? We have medical experts to help you right away.