Medical Advice on "Cold"

Most likely, your symptoms are aggravated by the sinus infection. As H.pylori is negative and you are responding to Lansoprazole, I do not think an urgent endoscopy is required. I would suggest you switch over to Nexium (Esomeprazole), initially take it 40 mg twice … View thread »

Failure of local anesthesia can be due to causes like poor quality of the anesthetic solution, a poor technique of administration, localized infection in the tooth, abscess formation, certain mutations, etc. Drinking few cold drinks has no effect on anesthesia. So, my … View thread »

Let me get few facts straight, toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a complication of using tampons, but it is not the commonest complication. So you have to rule out other common causes. You have a risk of TSS if you do not change tampons for days, or have unhygienic methods … View thread »

I have read your message. The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible upper respiratory tract infection. I would suggest you to get an x-ray paranasal (PNS) waters' view and x-ray chest PA (posteroanterior) view. Also, get a complete blood count (CBC). … View thread »

Based on your query and attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: There is mild reduction in leukocyte count and hemoglobin. Also, red cell distribution width (RDW) is increased. Cause for reduced hemoglobin appears to be … View thread »

HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) symptoms cannot appear so soon. It may be due to an anxiety or just a coincidence. For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> … View thread »

Low lymphocytes can result from a viral infection. As you are giving history of common cold and cough following which your lymphocytes are low there is nothing to worry at all, as all this is due to viral infection only. This would recover soon. For further … View thread »

I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have developed infected herpes labialis. I suggest you try using the following: 5 % Acyclovir ointment, twice daily. Mupirocin ointment, twice daily. Tablet … View thread »

I would like to know if you have got a CT scan done of your sinuses. If yes, then kindly share the films with me. If not, then please get it done. Sinuses are basically hollow facial bone, which cannot be seen or examined. To rule out any condition of sinus, CT scan … View thread »

Yes, it is easy to catch cold, particularly if you are in a cold, wet and windy weather. Also, exposure to extremely cold temperature affects you in many ways and can cause frost nip (first stage of frostbite), trench foot (prolonged exposure of feet to cold) and … View thread »

Do you have a question on Cold? We have experts to help you right away.

Ask a Cardiologist Now!