Medical Advice on "Cold"

Most likely, your symptoms are aggravated by the sinus infection. As H.pylori is negative and you are responding to Lansoprazole, I do not think an urgent endoscopy is required. I would suggest you switch over to Nexium (Esomeprazole), initially take it 40 mg twice … View thread »

Protected sex is safe and there is no risk of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). Having cold or flu is not a specific symptom or sign of HIV. Cold is otherwise very common in the general population and is not a reason to suspect HIV. For pimples, I would … View thread »

I appreciate you seeking help. Well, it is apparently a neurological problem that is most likely stemming out of an improper diet and lifestyle issues. I would recommend the following: Eat a healthy, balanced and anti-inflammatory diet, preferably Mediterranean cuisine … View thread »

Failure of local anesthesia can be due to causes like poor quality of the anesthetic solution, a poor technique of administration, localized infection in the tooth, abscess formation, certain mutations, etc. Drinking few cold drinks has no effect on anesthesia. So, my … View thread »

Let me get few facts straight, toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a complication of using tampons, but it is not the commonest complication. So you have to rule out other common causes. You have a risk of TSS if you do not change tampons for days, or have unhygienic methods … View thread »

I have read your message. The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible upper respiratory tract infection. I would suggest you to get an x-ray paranasal (PNS) waters' view and x-ray chest PA (posteroanterior) view. Also, get a complete blood count (CBC). … View thread »

Based on your query and attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: There is mild reduction in leukocyte count and hemoglobin. Also, red cell distribution width (RDW) is increased. Cause for reduced hemoglobin appears to be … View thread »

I think she is suffering from a viral infection. I suggest you give her syrup Alerid (Cetirizine) 5 mL twice a day for cold. This syrup makes few children drowsy though not all. Hence avoid morning dose if she is going to school. You can also give her syrup Cyclopam … View thread »

HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) symptoms cannot appear so soon. It may be due to an anxiety or just a coincidence. For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> … View thread »

Low lymphocytes can result from a viral infection. As you are giving history of common cold and cough following which your lymphocytes are low there is nothing to worry at all, as all this is due to viral infection only. This would recover soon. For further … View thread »

Do you have a question on Cold? We have experts to help you right away.