Diabetes Mellitus

Related Terms: Diabetes, Diabetes Management, Complications Of Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Diabetic Nephropathy, Type 1 Diabetes, Obesity

Connection Between Sedentary Lifestyle and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Article Overview: Here, my focus will be to discuss about how the eating habits can disturb the body's function and can play a role in establishing or initiate diabetes. This article is more of preventive value and to know what basic steps are necessary in general population so that glucose metabolism would not get affected.  Read Article »
Dr. Shardendu Tomar
Diabetologist

Our body uses the glucose with the help of insulin, which is synthesized in the pancreas and acts on the cell receptors, so that glucose gets entry into the cell for consumption. Diabetes is a disorder in which body is not able to use the glucose efficiently. Once diabetes was considered as a ...  Read Article »

I feel tired always, disturbed sleep and have increased weight. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am eager to get my reports examined and get your opinion. Reports attached for your reference. I would be more glad to seek your advice on my LFT/KFT and diabetes reports. What is required to bring all parameters to normal? I work for an IT company and mostly sedentary lifestyle. Ha...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Deshwal
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have diabetes mellitus (type 2). This occurs due to deficiency of insulin which is secreted by the pancreas. You will require reduction of your weight, regular walk at a brisk pace for about 45 minutes to one hour daily for most days of the week. You should be on an...  Read Full »

Is it fine to take Betnesol during 36 weeks of pregnancy with BP, thyroid and diabetes?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 weeks pregnant with LMP. My doctor is prescribing me Betnesol. I have thyroid, BP and GD. They are under control. Sugar levels are also under control. I am little worried about Betnesol. My previous baby was a C-section. I had planned normal delivery (for my first) but had to ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In cases of gestational diabetes mellitus with gestational hypertension at 36 weeks of gestation, there are chances that there occurs delayed maturation of fetal lungs which can prevent the baby from baby breathing after birth due to immature lungs. So considering yo...  Read Full »

To avoid diabetes during pregnancy, what diet should have to follow?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 weeks pregnant. This weekend I had my glucose tolerance test (3 hours) and on which I failed badly. My fasting numbers were 172, 325 and 318. I know they are bad, but my doctor never told me to follow a strict diet of three to five days prior to the test. In my pregnancy, I ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from gestational diabetes mellitus without any doubt. As per IADPSG criteria (International Association of Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Group) and DIPSI criteria (The Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Group India) both makes you overt diabetic. T...  Read Full »

I am 29 and I have a lot of health issues due to diabetes. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29 year old unmarried female. I have a lot of issues because of diabetes. Diabetes was detected four months ago when I underwent an underarm surgery for an abscess. It has not recovered yet. Also, I have a lot of pimples on my face and head. I think this is because of the suga...  Read Full »
Dr. Kaveri Dandapani
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have a family history of diabetes mellitus 2? What I feel is, if you reduce your weight, your sugar levels will come down. Reducing 1 kg per month will do. Do not skip a meal.  Cut down on meat, oily food, fried food, etc. Take a regular walk, jog or cycling...  Read Full »

Why did my father develop slurred speech two days back?
Query: Hi doctor, My 70 year old father has developed slurred speech from two days. He has diabetes, benign prostate hypertrophy, and history of vascular dementia. He does not have weakness, paralysis, or numbness. He does not have hypertension or any cardiac disease. He refused to do a CT scan in the ER....  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In a patient, having risk factors, like diabetes mellitus and acute onset slurring of speech, it raises the possibility of developing an acute stroke. Though there may be other causes too. I would suggest undergoing the following tests: MRI of the brain or NCCT (non-...  Read Full »

What herb should I take to prevent heart disease?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. My weight is 80 kg  and I am trying to lose some of it. My height is 5'9". I was hospitalized with sudden and severe onset of diabetes in 31. I am taking Insulin to control it. I also take Enalapril for high blood pressure. In most of my life, I have been ove...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are still in young age group with diabetes mellitus and hypertension. Insulin is the best therapy for diabetes. You can consult your physician for any oral tablets (alternate to Insulin injection), as it is the lifelong treatment. If you have high blood glucose, then...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Diabetes Mellitus? We have medical experts to help you right away.