Ear Diseases

Related Terms: Ear Infection, Meniere’s Disease, Middle Ear Infection, Tinnitus, Ear Blockage, Ear Pain, Betahistines

My 3 year old daughter failed her OAE test. Is that due to hearing loss?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 3 years old. She failed OAE testing at 3 years of age. She has issues with articulation and has been in speech therapy for over a year. Scores are 1% for understandability. Our audiologist did not tell us much. Can I get your insight into my daughter's audiogram?  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter's audiogram (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a conductive hearing loss, but the ear is not mentioned. The cause seems to be some middle ear disease only. Please tell me about her subjective hearing. Is there any hearing loss she experie...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have the uvula towards left side after cleft palate operation?
Query: Hi doctor, Our baby is 2 years 3 months old. She had a soft cleft palate. The doctor operated her and closed the soft cleft palate. Now, we can see that her uvula is a little bit on the left side in the mouth and not at the center. We are worried about this. She already went with this surgery in ...  Read Full »
Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having uvula at one side is not at all a big issue. But, you should know a few things. Children with cleft lip or palate are usually operated at a very small age, usually at six months is the first surgery done, and this depends on the extent of deformity child has. All ...  Read Full »

Tinnitus - ringing sounds in the ears
Article Overview: Tinnitus is the presence of noise or sound in the ear. It can occur due to diseases in the ear or any systemic diseases like high blood pressure. The management involves a thorough hearing testing and further treatment based on the cause.  Read Article »
Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Tinnitus is ringing sounds in the ears. The person experiencing it may describe it as roaring, humming or a hissing sound in the ears. This kind of noise can be very annoying and disturbing to the one facing this problem. Sometimes it may be so severe, as to disturb the sleep of a person. Causes of ...  Read Article »

Why do I hear ringing noise and low-pitched humming alternatively?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 69 year old retired internist. I am not taking any regular medication other than Aspirin 325 mg. I have no known allergies and have never smoked. I do not have any medical history of thyroid disease, autoimmune diseases or Paget's disease. Around four to five weeks back, I noted th...  Read Full »
Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are suffering from is known as tinnitus. It is not a disease itself rather a symptom due to various underlying causes like age related, hypertension, impacted wax, fluid in middle ear, patulous eustachian tube, TMJD (temperomandibular joint disorder), hypert...  Read Full »

I have had tympanoplasty on both ears. Does either ear appear infected?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having dizziness and fainting-like sensations along with intense itching in both the ears. I had my husband help me take photos with our otoscope I purchased online. The pictures with redness on them are my right ear, and the pictures without the redness and the yellow tube are my...  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are likely to have an acute labyrinthitis with acute inflammation of your right ear. If you had such attacks previously, then an examination and investigations of your concerned ear is a must to finalize the diagnosis for a proper mana...  Read Full »

Is surgery the only option for my son's ear infection?
Query: Hello doctor, My son has an ear infection since last year. The doctors said there is water in the middle ear, and because of that, he is not able to listen to low pitch voices, like if someone speaks slowly with him. I have reports and all medicines that he has used so far, and I am attaching it wi...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Please answer the following questions:Does the child have ear discharge?Is the infection in one or both ears?Is there any history of frequent nasal or throat infection?Follow-up with the required information, so that I can suggest you better.Revert with more information...  Read Full »

What is the possible way to reduce mild vertigo?
Query: Hi doctor, I have mild vertigo for the past one month. There is no sweating or vomiting. I do not have any pain in the head and there is no problem of hearing and vision. I am only experiencing some balancing problem. My ENG test is absolutely normal. What will be the possible way to reduce this?  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I would like to tell you the causes of unsteadiness or dizziness. They are aural (disease of ear) and extra aural. Under extra aural there comes a long list of diseases. Spondylosis. Tumors of cerebellopontine (CP) angle and brain...  Read Full »

Can ruptured eardrum cause jaw pain and numbness?
Query: Hello doctor, I am currently trying to get over my seasonal sinus infection. However, after taking a nap a couple of days ago, I lost most hearing in my left ear. I went back to the urgent care and was told I had a ruptured eardrum. I was given drops to put in my ear. However, I cannot help but not...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have a ruptured drum, 1. Do not put ear drops. 2. Do not let water enter the ears. 3. Visit an ENT soon. 4. Assess the size of perforation. 5. Ask ENT if it will heal spontaneously. Some perforations are small and heal on their own in healthy individuals, b...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in my ear even after using ear drops?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a mild ear infection. I went to see a doctor as the ear started draining clear fluid. The doctor said the draining was only on the outside of the ear. She prescribed Ciprodex ear drops. I am on the second day of taking them and I just woke up in the middle of the night with ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is not so, as you have an infection in the outer part of the ear. It is called as otitis externa. In this condition, there will be a severe aching pain in the outer ear. The cause of otitis externa may be due to a humid environment, any micro-injuries, or any ...  Read Full »

My right ear feels stuffed. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a feeling that my right ear is stuffed. I have no other symptoms. My GP just gave me antibiotics. But, I am worried that I might have something serious since I used to know somebody with Meniere's disease.  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For how long are you having these symptoms?  Do you have a history of nasal congestion or throat infection in the recent past? Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ear Diseases? We have medical experts to help you right away.