Fractured Tooth

Related Terms: Root Canal Treatment, Crowns, Dental Fillings, Tooth Cavity, Dental Scaling, Dental Trauma, Tooth Extraction

What is the treatment given for fractured tooth?
Query: Hi doctor, I fell down and I got knocked in my front right incisor and it does not move back. It is also a permanent tooth. I am taking tablet Vyvanse.  Read Full »
Dr. Divya Banu M
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry, we can manage it. First of all, do not touch it or try to push it back into position. Do not bite on that tooth. There is bleeding which is from the gums (as the picture i...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in a fractured tooth on biting?
Query: Hello doctor, About two weeks ago I chipped my front tooth. I went into my dentist this past week to get it smoothed out (very minor) but he also noticed a horizontal fracture across the middle of my front tooth. He does not want to jump into anything too quickly so said just to watch it and if it ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern. As per your history, you had a recent tooth damage with microfracture, that means you have been put on the wait and watch. If your tooth is vital after a month or two and fracture has not widened, you do...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to remove a tooth that is cracked inside the crown?
Query: Hello doctor, When a tooth is cracked inside a crown, is it necessary to remove it? The root canal is from 30 years ago. I got hit two weeks ago which caused the trauma to the tooth.  Read Full »
Dr. Asma Parveen
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In case of a fractured tooth, it is always advisable to get it extracted especially in cases of a tooth with a crown. I would like to know whether you are having pain now and when did you come to know about the fracture? Revert with more information to a dentist online...  Read Full »

Swollen gums with bad smell from drilled teeth.
Query: Hello doctor, My bottom teeth were drilled for a root canal but after drilling doctor told that my teeth have a split and he filled that hole with a cavity. From the past one year, my gum was swollen and bad smell is coming out from that teeth. From the past one month, I have had bumps on my back o...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I have read your complaint and the relevant details. My first question would be did you not visit back the dentist after the filling has been done? Because you are already informed that it has a split deep under which means the treatment cannot be just a filling. I wonde...  Read Full »

The crown and screw came out of my root canal treated tooth 8 days back.When should I visit a dentist?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal done for a tooth, a couple of months ago. My crown came out 8 days back. I did not go back to the dentist, but now a screw came out my tooth. What does this mean? When should I visit a dentist?  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to explain the treatment that has been done to your tooth according to the details provided by you: Your tooth has been root canal treated. Root canal treatment is mostly done to a tooth when the decay has reached the innermost layer of the toot...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to get instant relief from sensitive teeth.
Query: Hi doctor,I have tooth sensitivity problem. I am suffering from this problem since last two months. I am unable to drink water also. I tried many sensitivity toothpastes, but it does not work properly. Please suggest me a proper drug or suggestion for instant relief.  Read Full »
Dr. Purva Jingar
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tooth sensitivity happens due to many reasons, and it may be because of cavities in teeth. For instant relief, you need to put desensitized toothpaste, but as you are saying it is not working, then it is better for you to visit a dentist and get an x-ray done. The...  Read Full »

Dental Veneers - Advantages and Disadvantages
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the uses, advantages and disadvantages of dental veneers  Read Article »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

What is a Dental Veneer?  A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain made to fit over the front surface of the tooth, for aesthetic purpose.  Veneer is like an artificial covering over a tooth surface. Types of Veneer: Porcelain veneer. Composite veneer. Let's Compare Porc ...  Read Article »

When Will My Child's First Tooth Erupt?
Article Overview: This article helps you check the milk teeth and permanent teeth eruption sequence in your child  Read Article »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

How Many Teeth are Present Totally? Milk teeth: There are 20 teeth present in the deciduous/primary dentition i.e, 10 in the upper jaw and 10 in the lower jaw. Permanent teeth: There are 32 teeth present in the permanent dentition i.e, 16 in the upper jaw and 16 in the lower jaw. Did You Kno ...  Read Article »

Will root canal be done in a broken tooth?
Query: Hello doctor, I am meant to be having a root canal filling in one of my teeth. I have had it temporarily filled twice and now it has fallen out but it feels like there is only one side of my tooth almost like it has broken in half. Will they still do the root canal filling?  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. Yes, if the root stem is strong and not resorbed, root canal treatment can be performed, after that, if the crown tissue is grossly damaged they will do another procedure called post and core treatment. S...  Read Full »

I have tooth pain due to broken teeth and cavities. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, What can I do for really bad pain from broken teeth, and cavities that need root canals. I am going to a dentist but what can I do in the meantime?  Read Full »
Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your chief complaint suggests broken tooth due to a carious activity which is brought by bacteria. The pain in the tooth is due to caries.  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Fractured Tooth? We have medical experts to help you right away.