Fusidic Acid

Related Terms: Mometasone, Clotrimazole, Betamethasone Dipropionate, Moisturizer, Skin Biopsy, Fluconazole, Levocetirizine

Can you suggest treatment for facial dryness and itchy scalp?
Query: Hi doctor, Today I visited a dermatologist for facial dryness, dandruff, boils and itchy scalp. I was prescribed Episoft cleansing lotion, Cetaphil cream, Fusirose lotion and 8X shampoo. Fusirose lotion is out of stock near my place and online. Can you please suggest a substitute lotion? I bough...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Getting Fusidic acid in lotion form is difficult. You can use the Fucidin cream for the boils on the scalp.For scalp folliculitis, I suggest you try Betadine AD shampoo twice a week.For facial dryness, I suggest using Cetaphil moisturizer or Epitheliale AH cream (Sodium h...  Read Full »

There is a skin problem behind my ear where the specs rest. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a problem with my specs. There was a skin problem behind my ear where the specs rest. The injury is reddish black in color. One month ago, I had the same type of problem on my nose, the point where the specs touch my left side of the nose. Now, I am using contact lenses. After 20 ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is basically frictional dermatitis, which has left behind pigmentation. Do not use Fusiwal-M cream (Mometasone furoate and Fusidic acid) as there is no inflammation. It will take time for pigmentation to resolve. I suggest Kojiglo gel (Kojic acid and vitamin C) or Mel...  Read Full »

I have a red bump near my nose piercing. Please suggest some ointment.
Query: Hi doctor, I got a nose piercing done a month back. It was done with a gunshot, and the metal did not suit me. It ended up with a swelling at the area. I changed it to a gold stud, which worked and the piercing was fine till now. From the past 4 to 5 days, I can see a red bump near the piercing. I v...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your concern.With your description, it seems you have developed irritant contact dermatitis to the metal stud.I suggest you try using Fucibet cream (Betamethasone and Fusidic acid) twice daily for seven days over the affected area. Do not wear any metal stud in ...  Read Full »

I have some kind of skin infection. Please let me know further action from the image.
Query: Hi doctor, I have some skin infection for quite some time now. I have tired a few medicines for the same and I got a laser treatment once. Can you tell me what the issue is based on the images and also the possible treatment that I should undergo?  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have eczematous dermatitis. I suggest you use a potent topical steroid like Tenovate-Gn (Clobetasol propionate and Neomycin) cream or Halovate-F cream (Ulobetasol and Fusidic acid), twice daily. In addition, I suggest you take an oral antihistamine like C...  Read Full »

My foreskin is torn and it hurts while masturbating. Is it due to balanitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am perhaps suffering from balanitis. The foreskin is torn at some places and it hurts too much to pull the skin back. Some white substance is accumulating every day under the head of the penis. What to do? To be honest, it hurts while masturbation. So, I have stopped masturbating. B...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. With your descriptions, it seems you have developed balanitis xerotica obliterans. You must clean the prepuce area with water and apply Clotrimazole plus Fusidic acid cream local application twice daily and take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a wee...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for Zoon's balanitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed to have Zoon's balanitis and recommended Imiquimod, Takfa and Hh Derm. Even after 30 days of application, the problem still persists. Should I continue with the same ointment? Kindly guide me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. Zoon's balanitis require long-term treatment. Imiquimod require at least 16 weeks, Takfa (Tacrolimus) should be used for longer duration and Hh Derm (combination of Mometasone, Fusidic acid and Clotrimazole) is to prevent infection. It ...  Read Full »

There are thick lumpy nodes and white discharge from foreskin. Kindly help.
Query: Hello doctor, I was treated with Fluconazole 400 mg once daily and applied Sertaconazole twice daily for 10 days but thick lumpy nodes show in the foreskin and also a thick white discharge under the foreskin.This area also deep shown. Please advice. My sugar level is normal and HbA1c is 5.9. There ...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would recommend you to take tablet Aciclovir 400 mg thrice daily for five days, tablet Cefixime 400 mg single dose. Apply the Fusidic acid cream on the affected areas twice da...  Read Full »

I am worried about the bump at the tip of my nose. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, About 7 to 8 weeks ago, I woke up and noticed a tiny, pin-sized bump at the tip of the nose. Initially, I thought that it might be some sort of underskin or stuck blackhead. When I squeezed it, nothing came out. I poked the top layer of skin gently, and a bit of blood squeezed out. So, I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need to worry. Do not touch and squeeze as it can lead to secondary bacterial infection. You should visit your dermatologist so that it can be cauterized again. I suggest you apply Fusidic acid 2% cream (Fucidin cream) twice a day till you get your appointmen...  Read Full »

My nephew has got a skin infection in midfoot. Please explain what it is.
Query: Hi doctor,My nephew, who is 5.6 years old, has got a skin infection in the right midfoot. My sister noticed it a week ago. She thought it as some infection due to sweat in summer. Now, it has been the same which is in the attached photo. Until now there is no itching or burning or any irritation or ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that your nephew developed fixed drug eruption or irritant contact dermatitis. I suggest you apply Fucibet cream (Betamethasone and Fusidic acid) twice daily and ...  Read Full »

Why is the rash on my genitals not getting cured even after taking Fluconazole?
Query: Hi doctor,I have a rash on my genitals from a month. So, I went to a venereologist, who told me to take Fluconazole, one tablet for two weeks. As you can see by the photos attached, the rash is still the same even after a month. Please help me diagnose and treat my rashes.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the rash pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like balanitis, which can be due to fungal infection or bacterial infection. The medications given to you were correct. I suggest you try applying Fusidic acid 2 % cream, Miconazole...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Fusidic Acid? We have medical experts to help you right away.