Genetic Inheritance

Related Terms: Hereditary Diseases, Height Gain, Height Increase, Testosterone, Anxiety, Genetic Testing, Height Growth

I want my eyebrows and eyelashes to be thicker. Help me.
Query: Hello Doctor, I have very thin and short eyelashes and eyebrows. I want thicker and longer eyebrows and eyelashes. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Bhatla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Thickness and size of eyelashes and eyebrows depend on your genetic inheritance. If your genetic makeup indicates your eyelashes to be thin then they will not grow bigger than your genes allow. In case your genetic material indicates your eyelashes to be thick and bea...  Read Full »

I am worried about the development of my lower jaw.Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about the normal development of facial structure of a male going through puberty. I am 17 years old, my height is 5'7" and I weigh 119 pounds. My diet is normal. I am very frail in stature but, that is not what I am worried about. I am worried about the development ...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your lower jaw (mandible) might be small due to various reasons. Sometimes, genetic inheritance also can be a reason. By your description it seems you have deficient mandible.  In childhood, use of headgear (an extraoral orthodontic appliance) would have done you load...  Read Full »

Can a gay impregnate his wife?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a gay, married to a woman and had sex with my wife. My question is can my sperms impregnate my wife? If it happens, my children will be straight or gay?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, even if you have homosexual orientation even then you will be able to make your wife pregnant. No need to worry for that provided your sperms count is normal. Homosexuality does not have direct genetic inheritance. So, no need to get worried for that too. For mor...  Read Full »

How to increase my height?I am 23 years old.
Query: How to increase my height? I am 23 years old.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth in terms of height drastically reduces after puberty. You have not mentioned your gender. Theoretically, with proper nutrition and under ideal circumstances, growth in height stops in women at 18 years and in men at 24 years. This does not consider other factors...  Read Full »

I am suffering from extreme muscle weakness.What may be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, My age is 25 years. My height is 5'10" and I weight 78 kg. I am suffering from muscle twitches and extreme muscle weakness and muscle pain from last one month. I went to a neurologist and he says reflexes are normal and asked me not to worry and he put me on tablet Remylin-D. I am curr...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:Muscle twitches, muscle weakness and muscle pain since one month could be due to calcium deficiency. Has serum calcium level been evaluated? Associated dehydration along with anemia requires evaluation. At least 6-8 liters of ...  Read Full »

Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the causes and treatment of neural tube defects.  Read Article »
Dr. Tony Magana
Neuro Surgeon

What is Spina Bifida? Spina bifida is a condition resulting from the malformation of the brain, skull, spinal cord, and spine to varying degrees that occurs within the first month after conception (pregnancy).   Causes of Neural Tube Defects: The embryonic tissues which will later specialize ...  Read Article »

Kidney Stones: Causes, Management and Prevention
Article Overview: One in every 20 people develop kidney stones at some point in their life. Here is an article to know about kidney stones, its management and prevention.  Read Article »
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

What is a Kidney Stone? Kidney stones (renal calculi) are hard mineral deposits like calcium, oxalate and phosphorus that form inside the kidneys. They vary in size. A minute stone may pass on its own, causing little or no pain, while stones more than 3mm of size gets stuck in ureters and block the ...  Read Article »

Intestinal Hyperpermeability, Causes and Clinical Correlations
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the conditions and diseases associated with altered intestinal permeability.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Gastrointestinal tract is a continuous tubular structure from the mouth to the anus. It is lined by epithelial cells. These epithelia form a protective barrier. This Barrier Plays an Important Role in: Absorption of fluids, electrolytes and nutrition. Protection from toxic and infective a ...  Read Article »

Prostate Cancer, a nightmare
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail, the symptoms, the investigations and the methods of treatment of prostate cancer.  Read Article »
Dr. Ahmed Elhaged
Medical Oncologist

Prostate is a gland within men's body structure which is important for the vital activity of sperms. Prostate can be a nightmare over the age of 50 years, as this gland can become a deadly cancerous organ that will lead to death. Researches indicate that prostate cancer is genetically inherited, a ...  Read Article »

Is there a way to prevent little moles from coming all over my body?
Query: Hello doctor,I am an 18 year old girl and I am starting to notice little moles all over my body. Nothing unusual or worrisome. My mother and grandmother are also covered in moles so I guess I should have expected it. My question is, is there a way that I can prevent them from coming in or at least s...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are not moles. These are called dermatosis papulosa nigra (DPN). It a genetic condition, runs in families. These have to be removed individually. Options are: Radiofrequency caut...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Genetic Inheritance? We have medical experts to help you right away.