Genital Hygiene

Related Terms: Clotrimazole, Urinary Tract Infection, Vaginal Infection, Foreskin, Circumcision Of Penis, Fluconazole, Urine Culture

Why does not my foreskin retract?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a major problem with my penis regarding the foreskin. I am 18 years old and the foreskin still does not go back. Please suggest some solutions for the above problem.  Read Full »
Dr. Parth Singh
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of the condition is poor genital hygiene. You see a lot of dead cells and bacteria get collected in the space between the head of the penis and foreskin, making foul smelling grayish white substances, known as smegma, to come out. ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a permanent cure for penile yeast infection.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a yeast infection in my penis for the last two years. I have tried all natural medicines like coconut oil, yogurt, etc. Also, if apply Panderm plus or FourDerm or Candid cream daily, then I feel normal. Otherwise, I am getting inflammation and swelling of the penis. Kindly suggest...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreejith Mg
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Always evaluate the cause of recurrent yeast infection. It can be any of the following reasons. Maintain good genital hygiene. Daily wash the genital area with soap and water and keep it dry. If you are uncircumcised, then clean under the foreskin. Unprotected sexu...  Read Full »

Top skin of penis is not retracting and gets swollen with white discharge. Kindly help.
Query: Hello doctor, The top skin of my penis is not coming back while masturbation or sex. It is not fully closed from the top but still, it is painful to push it back. If I try it forcefully then after some hours, it gets swollen from the top and some white hard substance comes from inside.  Read Full »
Dr. Parth Singh
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white hard substance is actually the cause of the problem. It is called smegma and is formed of dead cells, bacteria and secretions. It collects under the foreskin if you do not keep good genital hygiene. You should daily retract your foreskin and wash it thoroughly...  Read Full »

Why do I feel urge to urinate after masturbation?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. Sometimes, after masturbation I feel urge to urinate regularly after every minute even though there is very less urine. Also I feel pain, some pricking and irritation feel while urinating. Sometimes, even without masturbation same problem occurs. Please advise me ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite normal to feel an urge to micturate after having coitus or masturbation. However, having pain and prickling sensation while urination is not normal. It suggests that you might have an underlying urinary tract infection. Most common mode of contracting UTI is h...  Read Full »

I have a lump in my penis exactly at the same spot as before. Is this normal?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump in my penis. When I had this before, it just went down using a cream and it has come back five months later in the same place. I have had the same partner. I had sex repeatedly and a week later, I noticed it. I have attached a picture.  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be a furuncle secondary to an infected hair follicle, which might be caused by pulling out of hair. Apply a steroid based ointment, so that it subsides. If it is painful, use an ant...  Read Full »

I have a few painless bumps on my penis. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a few bumps on my penis skin. I do masturbate. I am concerned because I do not know what might have caused this or what these bumps are. They do not burn. I have not experienced any discharge or burning sensation. I am confused what this is. I am attaching a picture.  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) as well.  These small painless nodules might be caused by hair follicles. It does not seem to be infected. As you mentioned that they are painless, without any di...  Read Full »

Why does my perineal area burn while urinating?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old woman. My perineal area burns if my urine touches this area while I urinate. Having sex is also very painful. Should I be concerned and what can I do to ease this?  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complaints are burning sensation around perineum whenever urine touches it, painful sexual intercourse and raw areas. It looks like that you might have a genital infection. To be more specific, if you have reddish colored lesions, erosions/vesicles over genital...  Read Full »

How do I overcome premature ejaculation?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'11'' and I weigh 91 kg. I plan to get married this year. I am currently on no medication. I currently have the following problems for which I desire to seek some solution for premature ejaculation. I think so, there is some kind of problem on the forehea...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth Singh
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely empathize with you. The problem of premature ejaculation is quite common and is distressing to a young man but is seldom discussed. See most of the time the problem is secondary to the anxiety attached to your expectations in the bed. It has been wrongly p...  Read Full »

How common is it for a 21 year old to have vaginal cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I have gotten my HPV shot. I do not smoke. I am a virgin and practice good genital hygiene. But, my vaginal area is very sensitive to soap, and it feels a little bumpy. But, I am not showing any signs of vaginal cancer like pelvic pain or unusual bleeding. Could it be due to some soap all...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not think of such rare conditions for small symptoms. May I give you a few information about cancer of the vagina. Basically cancer or dysplasia has a genetic background. In the case of a few cancers like cervical and vaginal cancers, it is due to HPV infections...  Read Full »

What do you suggest for vaginal itching in a 3 year old?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter will be 3 by next month. There is itching in her vagina and she scratches it once or twice in a week. Her hygiene is good so far and we are not sure why this is happening. We have not done any deworming so far, and therefore, we are trying for that now. The moment we think ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This age group children are prone to urinary infections. Though obvious symptoms of urine infection may not be apparent, I suggest you to get urine routine or urine culture tests done to rule out urinary infection. Also, please visit your pediatrician once with the ur...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Genital Hygiene? We have medical experts to help you right away.